Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: "They Hate us!" mode in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by TCmofo View Post
    He was merely sayin that comments on ESPN aren't worth gettin overly pissed about. I know for a fact Chris Berman and Ron Jaworski are both pro Raven....then you've got guys like Skip Bayless, Merrill Hodge and "Stink" that hate on us. (one a former Steeler, the other a former Bronco)...... not a big deal.
    Point taken. My apologies to the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Why is Espn and NFLN running, "If Flacco doesn't make that throw." segments?

Would they have done that for any other team?
    Considering the fact that the NFL Network thing is a full blown series with about 10 episodes, yes. They would do that for any other team, because they have.

It's lighthearted and it takes digs at everyone. Get over yourself.

Blog Entries

Well, we can start the list:

Forced to play opener on the road, with Orioles being used as an excuse.
    Super Bowl Replay interrupted by RGIII, who we all knew was going to play week 1.

That's quite a start.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Nothing to see here...I am guessing you don't watch ESPN much? Because yes, they do these "What if" things all the time, it has nothing to do with any anti-Ravens bias. I didn't know we were still doing the whole "Everyone in the media and NFL hates us" thing. It's kind of old, to be honest.

I think the fairer question would be; "What if the Ravens didn't have Flacco last year?.

Now that would be a legit question.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Nothing to see here...I am guessing you don't watch ESPN much? Because yes, they do these "What if" things all the time, it has nothing to do with any anti-Ravens bias. I didn't know we were still doing the whole "Everyone in the media and NFL hates us" thing. It's kind of old, to be honest.
    :word

The segment is called the NiFL on NFLN.

I am actually impressed with the cartoonist that does the drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Why is Espn and NFLN running, "If Flacco doesn't make that throw." segments?

Would they have done that for any other team?
    No. They wanted NE and Denver in the AFCCG because of the greats, Manning & Brady. If Manning, with his noodle arm, could have made a throw like that, and indeed did win the game, it would have been just another great play by manning. Since it was the lowly Joe Flacco, it was somehow just luck, and we should all be reminded again and again that IF he hadn't made the throw, we would have all been better off with a Manning/Brady AFCCG.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

The N if L segment was funny. He didn't call the F Bomb a fluke, he just tried to imagine how things would have gone had it not been completed.

He then spent the rest of the segment bashing Manning and Brady's recent playoff suckitude before declaring that neither could have beat San Fran.

The only gripe I have is that he went deep into trying too hard when he claimed that Flacco would have been signed by the Cardinals afterward. Sorry man, Ozzie didn't write that contract because Flacco had a great playoff run, he wrote it because Flacco is entering his 6th season and has never not had a playoff season.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Except that it's completely true and obvious to anyone who looks at things objectively. Go to profootballtalk. Find an article about the Ravens. Read comments.

What are the Ravens odds this year? 30-1? Really?

The Ravens are 9 point underdogs to Denver, really? Even after being double digit dogs to the broncos, patriots, AND 49ers last year?

How many people call the Ravens a team of thugs despite them being at the very, very bottom of the league in arrests in the past decade.

By the way, anyone who responds to "Joe Flacco Super Bowl MVP" with "Dilfer has a Super Bowl too. Does that mean he's better than Marino?" needs to have chunks of their brains scooped out and made into a modern art display. THAT would be a more meaningful usage of their brain matter. It is suck a grotesque attempt at logic that it makes me want to vomit on them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    No. They wanted NE and Denver in the AFCCG because of the greats, Manning & Brady. If Manning, with his noodle arm, could have made a throw like that, and indeed did win the game, it would have been just another great play by manning. Since it was the lowly Joe Flacco, it was somehow just luck, and we should all be reminded again and again that IF he hadn't made the throw, we would have all been better off with a Manning/Brady AFCCG.
    No. It would not have just been "another great play by Manning." It would IMMEDIATELY be heralded as the greatest throw in NFL history. Because that WAS the greatest throw in NFL history. Let's see, I don't need to explain all that was on the line and the magnitude and all that. We all know about that.

Lets talk about the throw itself:

-Avoided the heavy rush coming from two seperate directions

- Threw the ball without being able to step into it

-Had to change the projectile of the pass at the very last split-second because of an approaching rusher with his hands in the air

- ball traveled 59 yards through the -10 degree air

- had a PREPOSTEROUS arc length. The average 59 yard throw will have an arc length of 70 yards. Flacco's pass had an arc length of 85 yards. Because Joe Flacco is a psychopath.

If you watch the behind the bench segment of that game, you'll see three seperate position coaches ALL saying how they thought for sure the ball was going to be short because of how ridiculously high in the air it was. Raheem Moore isn't worthless. He just isn't used to a throw like that, as that's the only throw like that he's ever seen in his life.

Exactly. Yet another handwringing thread about disrespect from ESPN, etc., whether real or perceived. As far as I'm concerned, the Ravens won the Super Bowl, are the defending champs, and I for one am still quite happy about it. Couldn't care less about what the pundits and talking heads spew forth. It won't change the resting place of that last Lombardi Trophy.

But if it makes people feel better, consider this. 20 years from now when they do a program about great playoff games of the 21st century, Joe Flacco's name will be prominently mentioned. But no one will remember the names of the pundits and talking heads.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 09-02-2013 at 09:16 PM.