Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Week 1: Ravens v.s. Broncos

Not sure if you guys saw the Broncos 3rd preseason game but Manning was 25/34 in the first half! They were playing fast fast fast.

I expect them to try to do the same against the Ravens and limit substitutions. They got the Rams on trying to sub, Manning will just snap it and take the penalty.

I think Ravens will play power football a lot of the first half with the occasional bombs away

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not sure if you guys saw the Broncos 3rd preseason game but Manning was 25/34 in the first half! They were playing fast fast fast.

I expect them to try to do the same against the Ravens and limit substitutions. They got the Rams on trying to sub, Manning will just snap it and take the penalty.

I think Ravens will play power football a lot of the first half with the occasional bombs away
    We've played games like that before this team and defense is used to that, NE did that alot to us and we over came it. Im more worried about our O.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    We've played games like that before this team and defense is used to that, NE did that alot to us and we over came it. Im more worried about our O.
    This defense is not the same one that played NE, just sayin'.

On offense I think they will go to the run early and often until Denver shows they can stop it. Should open up play action a bit

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I worry about a miscommunication on D giving up a big play or two.
    No way we give up two special teams TDs.
    Without Doom and Miller our O might explode.

Ravens 31
    Denver 20
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

You know what, fuck this:

THEY HAVE NO DEFENSE!!!

At least our defense sucked ass before we lost half of it. Their defense at least had one of the best pass rushes in the league.

Bailey's hurt, Miller's suspended, LB down and they have to shift them around, Cromartie's a question mark and, oh by the way, Dumervil is dawning purple now. They couldn't do much against this offense last year, with Caldwell taking over a few weeks before the playoffs started. Now, you mean to tell me that they are going to go from Dumervil AND Miller, to just Shaun Phillips and do better?

45- 20.

Manning will at least have more pressure to deal with. This Ravens defense is significantly more athletic and explosive overall. Canty is an upgrade, Dumervil is an upgrade. Webb is back, Suggs is healthy. Daryl Smith can actually run with a TE to at least force a tough throw. Brown can do more than that in Nickel packages.

Denver will turn the ball over and they won't be able to recover.

The Sword has spoken.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

THEY HAVE NO DEFENSE!!!

At least our defense sucked ass before we lost half of it. Their defense at least had one of the best pass rushes in the league.

Bailey's hurt, Miller's suspended, LB down and they have to shift them around, Cromartie's a question mark and, oh by the way, Dumervil is dawning purple now. They couldn't do much against this offense last year, with Caldwell taking over a few weeks before the playoffs started. Now, you mean to tell me that they are going to go from Dumervil AND Miller, to just Shaun Phillips and do better?

45- 20.

Manning will at least have more pressure to deal with. This Ravens defense is significantly more athletic and explosive overall. Canty is an upgrade, Dumervil is an upgrade. Webb is back, Suggs is healthy. Daryl Smith can actually run with a TE to at least force a tough throw. Brown can do more than that in Nickel packages.

The Sword has spoken.
    now THAT's what I' talkin' 'bout!! ;)

Blog Entries

It gonna be like facing Manning's Indianapolis teams without Freeney and Mathis to force panicky offenses into cover 2 mistakes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

THEY HAVE NO DEFENSE!!!

45- 20.

The Sword has spoken.
    I'm with the Sword. Maybe start a pool for how many times Peyton goes into fetal position? Ravens defense may make the rest of denvers opponents breathe easier after Peyton does not finish game. Might be wrong, but front 7 will leave an impact on opposing offenses.

WRT to DEN's fast play on offense...one of our defense's strengths is its flexibility. We don't and won't need to do a lot of subbing.

I think our rangy ILBs and edge rushers will ultimately prove to be a great difference maker. Folks, DSmitty and ABrown are so much faster than Ray and Jameel, it's ridiculous. However, I'm a bit concerned about the deep 1/3, b/c I'm not sure that our communication will be tight this early in the season.

Webby on Welker and Corey on Decker should be good match-ups.
    I don't trust Jimmy on Decker, he's too good of a route-runner.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Webby on Welker and Corey on Decker should be good match-ups.
    I don't trust Jimmy on Decker, he's too good of a route-runner.
    That seems ideal to me. Plus that let's Jimmy and D. Thomas lock horns and try to out-athlete the other. Both are supremely physically gifted, but neither one is what I'd call a technician.

The best strategy in my opinion is to play those three man up with safety help and let the LBers contain the TEs.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

THEY HAVE NO DEFENSE!!!

45- 20.

The Sword has spoken.

Blog Entries

Demaryius will probably get Jimmy for one TD. Welker's nursing an injury and Webb's probably going to have to shake off some rust. They'll cancel one another out. Decker's only going to get, but so much on Graham, especially if Graham studied film of how Decker and Manning schooled Williams last year.

Manning will probably get another TD, taking advantage of miscommunication.

Denver will get 4 redzone attempts and only covert two into TDs. They'll turn the ball over about three times.