Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Week 1: Ravens v.s. Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    With questions at CB, game 1 anyway they being untested, I fear Pees will drop DB's back, and not rush, or at least not disguise the pressure, and Manning will have too much time like Cousins, Vick, and Batch did last year.

I don't want to see D cuteness or "genius" play calling; I want the D to pin their ears back and make Manning play under pressure even if Harbaugh has to intervene like the final SB drive last year.

Spears, Canty, Smith, Doom, healthy Suggs; too much horsepower for bend don't break.
    The Broncos too have questions at CB, namely, is Champ Bailey going to play, and if he does, is he going to be any better than he was last time they played? I doubt he will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Manning is going to target Jimmy Smith over and over again. I wonder if the Ravens would consider playing a nickel back for large segments of the game to help Smith in coverage?
    Smith is the nickel back?
    Starters are Webb and Grahm, we only have 4 Corners on the roster currently, that is not good against a Manning offense...Were I the Bronco's I'd go 4 wide early and often.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    The Broncos too have questions at CB, namely, is Champ Bailey going to play, and if he does, is he going to be any better than he was last time they played? I doubt he will be.
    Good point, plus Von Miller is out and he's their best defensive player. I think they will be able to score but the Ravens should be able to score; could be one of those games.

Saw on the Broncos website they're trying to get the crowd to be as loud as possible when they're on D and very quiet when they're on O. Guess the fan base needs a little educating

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Smith is the nickel back?
    Starters are Webb and Grahm, we only have 4 Corners on the roster currently, that is not good against a Manning offense...Were I the Bronco's I'd go 4 wide early and often.
    I think the Ravens will use Webb against the Broncos slot receiver (Welker). So, that still leaves Thomas and Decker, who would likely be covered by Graham and Smith. I just think that Smith is going to get victimized if he doesn't get safety help. The Ravens are likely going to have to play at least 5 DBs for a majority of the game.

If Jimmy starts giving up big gains, they will probably shade Huff to his side. One thing is for sure, in the Harbaugh era, they certainly are prepared for week 1 games. Remember Pittsburgh a couple of years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think the Ravens will use Webb against the Broncos slot receiver (Welker). So, that still leaves Thomas and Decker, who would likely be covered by Graham and Smith. I just think that Smith is going to get victimized if he doesn't get safety help. The Ravens are likely going to have to play at least 5 DBs for a majority of the game.
    I don't think putting Webb on a slot receiver is a good idea. I would rather Webb cover the top receiver, and let Elam and/or Ihedigbo pound the squirt to submission and alligator arms. Mean time put pressure on Manning. If they go 4 wide as I predict, expect quick passes and hound him so that should he hold it he pays the toll. Jump the routs early in that case and get a few interceptions.

iggyman555 Guest

not good news

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m

Brandon williams has a right foot injury and is in walking boot isn't sure when he'll be back

What!!!! Brandon Williams, damn. I was so looking forward to seeing him in Denver. This guy is a beast in the middle for a young guy. Damn, hope he ready by week 2. He has a good motor, and was a joy to see him in preseason. I like this kid.

Meh... I would feel better if I didn't think our offense was a wet noodle right now. Unless Joe severely elevates every receiver not named Torrey Smith, I just don't know whose going to really make the necessary plays. Thankfully we have a great run game to fall back on

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Thankfully we have a great run game to fall back on.
    Most reliable way to throttle a top QB is to keep him the heck off the field. Effective ground attacks have a way of doing that.

5-day forecast for Denver gives 87/65, winds ~ 8 mph, isolated thunderstorms, humidity ~50%. Figure high 70s at kickoff. Translation: decidedly thinner air than last January.

I fully expect PM to run a lot of hurry-up in order to cancel the Ravens' DL rotation & try to wear out the defenders kept on the field. A methodical & effective short-passing/running attack by the Ravens will help the defense by giving them longer breathers. Key word: effective.

Yeah I'm not counting on the passing attack. We've seen very little of Stokely this preseason, and Clark has hardly impressed. As well as Marlon Brown played, it was still against vanilla defense schemes and second string players for the most of it. Jacoby is Jacoby. Let's just say that Flacco has a lot to prove this year. If he can maintain his level of play from last season, the Ravens will be strong contenders.

If not... Well let's hope Ray Rice can run it all season.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Brandon Williams being out sucks but I'm probably more confident in Cody going into this season then any of his previous ones.