7. Kyle Juszczyk
    WR
    8.Smith
    9.Jones
    10.Stokely
    11. Brown
    12. Doss
    13. Mellette
    14. Thompson (I think Thompson gets IR'd and replaced by AA)
    15. Williams
    TE
    16. Dickson
    17. Clark (I dont think hes shown anything but cant see them cutting him)
    18.Furstenberg
    OL
    19.McKinnie
    20.KO
    21.Gino
    22.Yanda
    23.Oher
    24.Wagner
    25.Shipley
    26.Reid (id cut Reid but I dont think theres anyone thatll push him off. may find a vet to bring in afterwards)
    DL
    27. Ngata
    28. Canty
    29. Jones
    30. Spears
    31. Williams
    32. Cody
    OLB
    33. Suggs
    34. Doom
    35. McPhee (play some DL)
    36. Upshaw (play some DL)
    37. Simon
    ILB
    38.Darryl Smith
    39.Arthur Brown
    40.Josh Bynes
    41.Albert McCellan
    CB
    42. L Webb
    43.Jimmy Smith
    44. Cory Graham
    45.Chykie Brown
    46.Marc Anthony
    S
    47.James Ihedigbo
    48. Michael Huff
    49.Omar Brown
    50.Matt Elam
    ST
    51. Tucker
    52. Koch
    53. Cox

Suspended
    Asa Jackson (likely bumps somebody)
    Christian Thompson (PS eligible upon return?)

IR to return
    Pitta

PUP
    McClain (likely IR'd)
    KLM (likely IR'd)

Cant say im uber confident with this. 8 WRs seems like a lot but so does 6 RBs. with a STs ace at both spots one of them i figure has to make the roster. Tyson was my tough cut, but with McPhee and Upshaw capable of spelling the DL as well I figure we save a spot. Im sure theyll IR/trade somebody on this roster. Were awfully deep in my opinion.

Feel free to post your own.
    -JAB

Re: Time for the final 53.

I don't even know if I want to take a guess, haha. The wide receiver and running backs situation is too tough for me to call... I don't see how can just leave Marlon Brown off the team, or Aaron Mellette for that matter, but I also don't see us leaving off Laquan Williams or Tandon Doss in favor of them (those are the only two guys who might be left off for one of the others, but I just don't see any chance of that really happening), and I for damn sure don't see us keeping 8 wide receivers. That's a tough one to call, I just don't know what they'll do, but if I had to venture a totally wild guess I'd say Mellette goes to the practice squad, Williams gets cut, Doss and Brown make the roster.

As for backs, I think all 5 of those guys you've got have to make this team. You can't stash Rainey on the practice squad, he'll be snatched up in a heart beat. He's a perfect third stringer to have in case something happens to Rice or Pierce. He's essential, in my opinion. Obviously we have to keep Leach and Juszczyk. I don't know what we do with Anthony Allen. I don't think he's serviceable enough as a backup running back to make the team, but his special teams abilities make him worthy of a spot. I think we try to keep him, but I just don't know. 6 backs and 7 receivers is awfully heavy at those positions (and no way in hell we have 6 backs and 8 receivers).

I would be happy with this roster.

I also think you are correct about the Thompson to IR and Anthony Allen thing.

I am also fairly confident that unlike Cameron, Caldwell will use the young offensive wide receiver talent.

:word

As excited as I am about Furstenberg, I think practical considerations favor Bajema. I predict they keep Fursty on the PS.

It's a a shame we can only designate one player to return from IR. Obviously that should be Pitta. Otherwise, I think Thompson could have been a possibility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I don't even know if I want to take a guess, haha. The wide receiver and running backs situation is too tough for me to call... I don't see how can just leave Marlon Brown off the team, or Aaron Mellette for that matter, but I also don't see us leaving off Laquan Williams or Tandon Doss in favor of them (those are the only two guys who might be left off for one of the others, but I just don't see any chance of that really happening), and I for damn sure don't see us keeping 8 wide receivers. That's a tough one to call, I just don't know what they'll do, but if I had to venture a totally wild guess I'd say Mellette goes to the practice squad, Williams gets cut, Doss and Brown make the roster.

As for backs, I think all 5 of those guys you've got have to make this team. You can't stash Rainey on the practice squad, he'll be snatched up in a heart beat. He's a perfect third stringer to have in case something happens to Rice or Pierce. He's essential, in my opinion. Obviously we have to keep Leach and Juszczyk. I don't know what we do with Anthony Allen. I don't think he's serviceable enough as a backup running back to make the team, but his special teams abilities make him worthy of a spot. I think we try to keep him, but I just don't know. 6 backs and 7 receivers is awfully heavy at those positions (and no way in hell we have 6 backs and 8 receivers).
    i gave it go but like i said, certainly not confident. I had the same dilemma, we have 1 or even 2 more WRs worthy of making it than I think wed normally carry. With the uncertainty i think they do a quantity approach until we start getting some guys back from suspension/injury. Im also aware that somebody may be axed right away for a cut vet, particularly at DB which im sure wed rather have 6 than 5 right now.

I think Rainey is the better back and warrants a spot. I also think last night they may have been showcasing him for another team. It sucks but AA does offer a great STs player for our #1 Returner. Raineys biggest STs contributions is also being a returner. Im not sure what value they put on that. I could easily see AA still getting the nod and rainey playing for another team. IMO, you keep the best players and coach them to play STs, so I keep Rainey.

It didnt make sense to me either, which ive said in other threads. 6 backs is too many, and 8 wrs are too many but when i worked it out, thats what i was left with. I really have no idea, and im glad its not my call to make. I trust Harbs and OZ ultimately ofcourse.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    As excited as I am about Furstenberg, I think practical considerations favor Bajema. I predict they keep Fursty on the PS.

It's a a shame we can only designate one player to return from IR. Obviously that should be Pitta. Otherwise, I think Thompson could have been a possibility.
    Id agree with that and maybe they make that call and sit Pitta down? He may be a questionable return this year as it is, while Thompson you know will be able to.

I can see Furst on PS. I thought the Clark signing was odd to begin with and really it just muddys the waters for me. Id rather have Furst/Bajema than CLark/whoever personally. I just dont think i saw that he has anything left. granted it was preseason, but i think whatever he offers, Juice could produce as well.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Id agree with that and maybe they make that call and sit Pitta down? He may be a questionable return this year as it is, while Thompson you know will be able to.

I can see Furst on PS. I thought the Clark signing was odd to begin with and really it just muddys the waters for me. Id rather have Furst/Bajema than CLark/whoever personally. I just dont think i saw that he has anything left. granted it was preseason, but i think whatever he offers, Juice could produce as well.
    Yea, Clark looked slow and stiff last night. I'm not sure what he can do for us at this point. I think Dickson's health is one of the biggest factors in the success of our offense this season.

This is the toughest decision for me but I think you have to go with Fursty because of his pass catching abilities. Dickson is not reliable health wise and Clark has not shown much. Right now I think having a guy who can move the chains on third down is more important than having a guy that can block.

Blog Entries

So as relatively against Furstenburg making the roster as I have been, I see no reason not to keep him over Clark. They should have kept Shiancoe. As mediocre as he looked, he sure as hell looked better than Clark, who looks completely cooked. Might as well give Furstenburg a shot. I am sure this is a surprise coming from me but at this point I would keep Dickson/Bajema/Furstenburg instead of Dickson/Clark/Bajema or Dickson/Clark/Furstenburg.

I'm not sure Marc Anthony is going to make the team. He hasn't been very good...maybe PS for him. I could see them looking to another team's cuts for their 5th CB, or just going with 4CBs given their depth at safety and Huff's ability to play CB in a pinch.

Blog Entries

LaQuan Williams injured his hamstring before the game yesterday, thus limiting his playing time.

Does anyone else smell a phantom IR?

2 QBs - Not even worth listing, you know which two
    5 RBs - Rice, Pierce, Leach, Juice Check, Rainey
    7 WRs - Smith, Jones, Stokley, Doss, Brown, Thompson, Mellette
    3 TEs - Dickson, Clark, Bajema (Furstenburg to PSq)
    8 OL - With Harewood cut, there are no doubts who the 8 are
    7 DL - Ngata, Jones, Canty, Spears, Cody, Williams, Tyson
    9 LB - Suggs, Dumervil, Upshaw, Smith, Bynes, Brown, Simon, McClellan, McPhee
    5 CBs - Webb, Smith, Brown, Graham, Anthony* (Gets replaced by a cut veteran after Week 1)
    4 S - Huff, Ihedigbo, Elam, Brown

3 ST - The Wolf Pack
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I think that the practical consideration would actually be to keep Furstenberg and cut Bajema because a) the league knows what they would get with Bajema and he doesn't have the potential to help in the passing game and b) Furstenburg has a high ceiling that will be attractive to teams who are not in a position to compete or have a roster that would allow them to develop him.

If they try to stick Furstenburg on the PS he'll be snatched up quick. With the coming decision re: Dickson and not knowing whether Pitta will be the same after this injury I think the Ravens will be inclined to keep a promising--and cheap--tight end like Fursty.

The "Final" 53 will be anything but...

It's going to be an interesting weekend. Here's my projection, LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi