Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Any news about Deonte's injury?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    This sounds a bit more promising....
    It sure does. I'd love to see Thompson on the field this year even if he isn't ready for a couple of games. Sitting on IR for a season is not going to develop his game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It sure does. I'd love to see Thompson on the field this year even if he isn't ready for a couple of games. Sitting on IR for a season is not going to develop his game.
    Id say his spot is relatively secure considering he was on the roster all of last year...

but I guess some say that means nothing in Doss' case, so who knows.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Id say his spot is relatively secure considering he was on the roster all of last year...

but I guess some say that means nothing in Doss' case, so who knows.
    I'm not worried about him getting cut. I am worried that they'll try to stash him on IR for a year. He's gone from a special teams guy to a real WR from last season to this preseason. I don't want to lose that progress because they have the option of putting him on IR.

Blog Entries

It will be interesting to see if they carry six or seven WRs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Definitely hoping Deonte Thompson's injury isn't too serious. I agree that "stashing" him on IR would hinder his development. But if Deonte could get a lot of reps in this year, the coaches would have a better idea of how to proceed going forward. Does he have No. 2 potential? Or is his role more likely to be as Jacoby's replacement in 2014 (note: I don't view Jacoby as a true No. 2)? Or would Thompson show that he's no better than our other also-rans if playing on a regular basis? I'm hoping the latter doesn't turn out to be the case, but there's only one way to find out, and IR stashing ain't it.

Blog Entries

Would you rather have Doss, who is currently healthy, make the roster with Thompson on IR or Thompson, who may miss some games, make the roster with Doss released?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Would you rather have Doss, who is currently healthy, make the roster with Thompson on IR or Thompson, who may miss some games, make the roster with Doss released?
    Option number 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I was really rooting for Doss, but I've never seen a young guy come back from a down streak like this. I think it's time to let him go. Thompson needs his shot, and I think this is the perfect year for it.

Blog Entries

Anything new on Deonte? I can't find anything anywhere. Now that he's made the 53 (for the moment, I guess... since moves remain to be made) what is his timetable? Has he been practicing?

Deonte returned to practice on a limited basis today.

Blog Entries

Maybe he's 2 or 3 weeks away? maybe...

What do we realistically expect him to bring to the team when he returns? And that's not meant to be a rhetorical type of diss at him but actually just a legitimate question.