Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Any news about Deonte's injury?

Last I heard was that they were going to review his progress after the Panthers game. I really want to see him back in that competition - I think he could be end up being the #2 if he gets some playing time....

Re: Any news about Deonte's injury?

Last report said IR was a possibility.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Last report said IR was a possibility.
    Yep

Ryan Chell ‏@RyanChell87 25 Aug
    Harbaugh said they will re-evaluate WR Deonte Thompson and his sprained ankle/foot on Monday. "IR" word has been thrown out there.

This has NOT been reported, but I think it must be a high ankle sprain. I do believe I read somewhere recently he is still in a walking boot and having trouble. A simple ankle sprain would not have you in a boot 2 weeks later.

If it is a high ankle sprain it could be still a month or more. If he's going to miss that much time, I think they would likely just IR him and go forward with what they have. He's likely already missed too much time to be a real factor at WR this year.

It has been reported as a sprained foot, not ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    It has been reported as a sprained foot, not ankle.
    No, it's been called both.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I do not see the point in putting Thompson on IR. I understand that these injuries can linger, but if there's a chance that he can come back and contribute then why not leave that as an option. Seems like with the emergence of mellette and brown, this is his chance to stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    No, it's been called both.
    Really? Where have you seen any actual reporting of a high ankle sprain, or an ankle sprain at all, other than speculation by fans?
    http://touch.fansided.com/fansided/#...f5d9d00d5bf2/2

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...t-his-standing

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1...eonte-thompson

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-afee028e15d9

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#secti.../p2p-76996195/
    Last edited by HKusp; 08-27-2013 at 08:13 AM.

I had read ankle in the Sun and in CBSsportsline stories in the days immediately following the game, going back to pull up links I see that they have been corrected to foot sprain.

Blog Entries

I would think that the decision on which designation to use for Thompson could also be dependent on Pitta's situation. If the Ravens think that Pitta can come back this year, then they could use the IR with that caveat designation for him. If they think Pitta will not be able to come back this year, then they could use that IR with the possibility to return this year designation for Thompson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would think that the decision on which designation to use for Thompson could also be dependent on Pitta's situation. If the Ravens think that Pitta can come back this year, then they could use the IR with that caveat designation for him. If they think Pitta will not be able to come back this year, then they could use that IR with the possibility to return this year designation for Thompson.
    think theres any reason for them to take it into the season as they did last year? I guess if Suggs wasnt PUP list eligible they may have used it on him and lost Lewis, but this time of year you can prepare the roster around an injured player, once the season starts youre a lot more limited which makes it seem more valuable, ala not losing lewis. Thats also banking you have a significant injury that can come back within the year, which maybe isnt as likely. not sure what the philosophy is yet.
    -JAB

This sounds a bit more promising....

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2h Deonte Thompson left foot sprain is improving, not ruled out for season opener, could miss last preseason game, according to a source.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap