Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Rooting for Injuries

I love to listen to Ross Tucker on SiriusXM NFL Radio. He's one of the few former players who really gives you insight into the mind of a player.

The morning he was talking about the year that he was cut right before the season like so many will be Tuesday. He had been cut 4 times previously but had always been claimed on waivers. The 5th time no one claimed him.

Bob Papa asked Tucker if he watched the games that year. Tucker said he didn't. Instead he would go online every night trying to see if any Guards or Centers got hurt. He felt that since he had been cut in the past because of a back injury he had no problem hoping that someone else would get hurt so he could get another shot. It didn't matter what team. He just wanted to play to the point of wishing ill on his fellow players.

At first it sounds horrible but I really appreciate Tucker's honesty. I'm sure that much of the league has this same attitude but we just never hear about it. I can't fault him those feelings. He's 26 or 27 and suddenly faced with his career being over. I think it's human nature to feel the way that he did.

Re: Rooting for Injuries

Yeah sad to say, but it is part of the game. I would imagine that Geno is thrilled with Sanchize going down. I bet Jets fans wish they would both go down. Ouch.

Wow...this is the year of the preseason injury.

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Yeah sad to say, but it is part of the game. I would imagine that Geno is thrilled with Sanchize going down. I bet Jets fans wish they would both go down. Ouch.
    I think McEllroy will fill in nicely and show jets fans that rex does not have the coaching skills needed to have a good offensive team. Hope McEllroy stays healthy and gets the support from his team mates to have a decent year. Rex has shown what kind of coach he is and that's not saying much.

Blog Entries

Don't get to hear Ross on the radio but I download his podcast and enjoy listening to him on that. Perhaps he will discuss the same thing there. Totally understand his mindset. Gotta kill these guys that put in a ton of work towards a career and just miss out, particularly because of an injury.

"What is a man but an ape in velvet?"

PBG- That is freaking awesome. And if you don't mind, I am going to snag it and throw it over on my Packers Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by paintballguy View Post
    roflmao!

Blog Entries

PBG- That is freaking awesome. And if you don't mind, I am going to snag it and throw it over on my Packers Forum.
    Np it's not mine. It's from NFL Meme's. They have a facebook page, and they post new pics almost daily. It's pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Np it's not mine. It's from NFL Meme's. They have a facebook page, and they post new pics almost daily. It's pretty hilarious.
    Oh jeez, I actually follow them but never saw this one. Good stuff.

That's some funny isht right there!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver