Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Things in Syria could get interesting...

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Things in Syria could get interesting...

I'm even less interested in getting involved there than I am in Egypt.

What a nightmare.

Say away from Syria...nothing good will come from us getting involved.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/26/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

UN Chemical Inspection Team gets shot at by snipers.

Yikes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Say away from Syria...nothing good will come from us getting involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm even less interested in getting involved there than I am in Egypt.

What a nightmare.
    :word

Blog Entries

From the story: "Vice President Joe Biden made clear the administration's view of who was to blame, telling the American Legion that "there is no doubt who is responsible for the heinous use of chemical weapons -- the Syrian regime."

Not saying this is incorrect, but I think we heard something similar from Gen Powell about WMD production in Iraq. Positive proof?

I don't see this turning out well. Even if all we do is lob a few missiles at Syrian military and command structures, it still would do more harm than good.

This is mainly because the 'rebels' are mostly Al-Qaeda. So even if we contribute to Assad's 'loss' or ouster, we are helping terrorists. If Assad survives the missiles and keeps fighting, then he claims he 'defeated the US' and probably gains support. And this doesn't even get into the possibility of Iranian or Russian retaliation.

There is literally zero upside to military intervention (of any level) by the us. None. And varying degrees of downside, depending on the circumstances and outcome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I don't see this turning out well. Even if all we do is lob a few missiles at Syrian military and command structures, it still would do more harm than good.

This is mainly because the 'rebels' are mostly Al-Qaeda. So even if we contribute to Assad's 'loss' or ouster, we are helping terrorists. If Assad survives the missiles and keeps fighting, then he claims he 'defeated the US' and probably gains support. And this doesn't even get into the possibility of Iranian or Russian retaliation.

There is literally zero upside to military intervention (of any level) by the us. None. And varying degrees of downside, depending on the circumstances and outcome.
    Take it to the bank. We are getting involved. Pick a spot where the rebels are Al Qaeda, we've taken their side.

This is setting up to big a huge mess.

We have basically announced what we're going to do and how long we are going to do it to the world. Kind of reminds me of this ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

Kind of reminds of of a similar situation that happened about 15 years ago...oh, right. Bosnia.

Guess who we supported then? Militant al Qaeda. Guess who we supported in taking over the region? Al Qaeda.

Pretty scary stuff.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    From the story: "Vice President Joe Biden made clear the administration's view of who was to blame, telling the American Legion that "there is no doubt who is responsible for the heinous use of chemical weapons -- the Syrian regime."

Not saying this is incorrect, but I think we heard something similar from Gen Powell about WMD production in Iraq. Positive proof?
    Hussein had WMDs, he used chemical weapons on the Iranians and Kurds as well as others.

I was against going into Iraq but the fact is Hussein did have WMDs.