Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Everything Guns (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    FWIW,, I have an HQL not that I plan on buying anything but was told by someone who took the class that any regulated weapon that changes hands through estate needs to have...

1. serial number of the weapon in the will
    2. transferee needs to have a HQL

or the state confiscates.
    Not if you use a trust.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Your Ruger 10/22 is one of the better looking ones I've seen.
    Thanks!

Splashed on the front page of Drudge this morning was this article ....

Add the U.S. Postal Service to the list of federal agencies seeking to purchase what some Second Amendment activists say are alarmingly large quantities of ammunition.

Earlier this year, the USPS posted a notice on its website, under the heading "Assorted Small Arms Ammunition," that says: "The United States Postal Service intends to solicit proposals for assorted small arms ammunition. If your organization wishes to participate, you must pre-register. This message is only a notification of our intent to solicit proposals."

Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Washington-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said: "We're seeing a highly unusual amount of ammunition being bought by the federal agencies over a fairly short period of time. To be honest, I don't understand why the federal government is buying so much at this time."

Jake McGuigan, director of state affairs and government relations for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, said widely reported federal ammunition purchases have sparked conspiracy-type fears among gun owners, who worry that the federal government is trying to crack down on Second Amendment rights via the back door by limiting the ammo available to owners.

It's not just the USPS that is stocking up on ammo.

A little more than a year ago, the Social Security Administration put in a request for 174,000 rounds of ".357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow-point" bullets.

Before that, it was the Department of Agriculture requesting 320,000 rounds. More recently, the Department of Homeland Security raised eyebrows with its request for 450 million rounds — at about the same time the FBI separately sought 100 million hollow-point rounds.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration also requested 46,000 rounds.
    For folks on my side of the debate, these types of paranoia stories do not do our side any justice. Any yahoo with an internet connection can research what ammo and how much the government has bought over the years and these numbers are actually quite lower than what the government has purchased in the past.

The only people to blame are those in the shooting community. The best gun and ammo salesmen in history is Obama. His election was a catalyst in the shooting community, sparking fear and paranoia thus everyone under the sun starting hoarding ammo. I am guilty of it myself but only out of necessity.

I am getting tired of overpriced ammo and cannot wait until this thing dies down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Splashed on the front page of Drudge this morning was this article ....

For folks on my side of the debate, these types of paranoia stories do not do our side any justice. Any yahoo with an internet connection can research what ammo and how much the government has bought over the years and these numbers are actually quite lower than what the government has purchased in the past.

The only people to blame are those in the shooting community. The best gun and ammo salesmen in history is Obama. His election was a catalyst in the shooting community, sparking fear and paranoia thus everyone under the sun starting hoarding ammo. I am guilty of it myself but only out of necessity.

I am getting tired of overpriced ammo and cannot wait until this thing dies down.
    While I visit Drudge almost daily, that is a huge issue I have - the posting of links and the headlines he puts that appeal to conspiracy theorist. Very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    While I visit Drudge almost daily, that is a huge issue I have - the posting of links and the headlines he puts that appeal to conspiracy theorist. Very annoying.
    :word

As a side, it's one of my only criticism of the NRA. Their safety programs are head and shoulders above anyone else's. They really do set the standard.

But they fly off the handle sometimes and make these wild stories up. I am glad though they didn't take up this ammo shortage nonsense.

Suppressor sales are booming lately ....

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/22/news...source=cnn_bin

Latest edition ...

Ruger 22/45 Lite, .22 LR with a threaded barrel. Suppressor on order; request for stamp placed and paid.

For when you want to plink cans and steal and not wake the neighbors ...

Should make for a fun little plinker...

I don't think you meant "steal" but instead "steel"
    I could be wrong, but the wrong connotation can certainly come from my confusion, if I didn't know any better...

Lol ... Yes, steel.

Blog Entries

Well, I mean, I guess this wouldn't be a bad option for some B-&-E and stealing shit from your neighbors while they sleep. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I always thought it was a right winged propaganda website because of that honestly. Counter productive, but then again the conspiracy theorist do seem to give a lot of "clicks" and forwards.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, I mean, I guess this wouldn't be a bad option for some B-&-E and stealing shit from your neighbors while they sleep. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're going to commit a B&E in Texas, you better bring something larger than .22. ;)