Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Everything Guns (Part 2)

Heading to the park with my daughter, I got pulled over this morning and I was carrying. This is the first time I've been pulled over with a gun in the car.

Was pleasantly surprised with the police officer. I did as I was told in CHL class -- handed my DL and CHL to the officer and put my hands at 10 & 2 on the wheel after finding out I ran a stop sign (and I did; totally blew right through it).

"Whatcha carrying?", he asked with an obvious New York accent of all things.

"Glock 19", I said.

"Great gun! We carry the 17's. Thanks for doing it right". I am assuming he meant showing the CHL. "I love seeing people practicing their 2nd Amendment right".

He handed me back my ID's and said "Be more careful next time. Take care!".

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    To each, there own.
    100%
    Fully support those that choose to, and do so.

Got to shoot the new Glock 42 today. Meh.

It's too small for it's own good. It's got a healthy kick that I found distracting and prevented me from reacquiring the target with speed.

Blog Entries

Got to shoot the new Glock 42 today. Meh.

It's too small for it's own good. It's got a healthy kick that I found distracting and prevented me from reacquiring the target with speed.
    I had a feeling that would happen. That stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I had a feeling that would happen. That stinks.
    Agreed. Love Glock but I don't think anyone can have a light weight polymer frame AND shoot .380 without it giving you a good jolt.

Just got the Maryland HQL (ugh) card in the mail and put 300 bucks down on a third generation Glock 23. I'm excited. Anyone own this gun? I want to get the 9mm conversion barrel for it eventually as the .40 sw ammo can be pricey and scarce.

What's an HQL card?

Never owned a 23 but it's a Glock. It will go bang every time.

What's an HQL card?

Never owned a 23 but it's a Glock. It will go bang every time.
    HQL is the new Maryland Handgun Qualification License. The General Assembly passed this ridiculous law banning "assault weapons" after October 2013 and requiring that anyone who purchases a handgun after October 2013 takes this 4 hour class and goes through like ten diff background checks, waits for the HQL card to come in the mail before they can buy a handgun.

LOL .... oh Maryland and your backwards ways.

If I want to buy a gun, I walk into any gun shop, plop down my concealed carry permit and my money, and a few minutes later I walk out with the gun.

Anywho, you should love the gun. I am a huge fan of Glock. It's a great firearm for the price.

Blog Entries

LOL .... oh Maryland and your backwards ways.

If I want to buy a gun, I walk into any gun shop, plop down my concealed carry permit and my money, and a few minutes later I walk out with the gun.

Anywho, you should love the gun. I am a huge fan of Glock. It's a great firearm for the price.
    Same here. Or if I don't have CHL, I go to the Sheriff's office and get a permit, you can get up to 5 at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Just got the Maryland HQL (ugh) card in the mail and put 300 bucks down on a third generation Glock 23. I'm excited. Anyone own this gun? I want to get the 9mm conversion barrel for it eventually as the .40 sw ammo can be pricey and scarce.
    2 G19's here, 1 3rd gen, 1 4th. Biggest benefit to me, in the 4th gen is the 3rd magazine. Recoil might be VERY SLIGHTLY reduced, and none of the additional backstraps were more comfortable to either me or my wife.
    9mm is just too ubiquitous to pass up for me.

Great choice!!! We are a bit of a Glock fan club in here.

NC --

Have you considered the Beretta Nano for your wife? It doesn't have the external hammer you wanted but it's coverable in size and price.

http://www.berettausa.com/nano/