Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Everything Guns (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    It would be interesting to see how many NRA members have died from lead exposure.
    Not sure what the NRA or it's members have to do with anything but unless you're spending hours on end every day in an indoor range, the lead exposure risk is next to nothing. Just wash your hands after shooting or cleaning a gun and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Does Russia still use the AK-47. Their soldiers were on TV in the Urkrane and it looked like they had the same rifles that our boys use above. See Solo's pic above.
    The standard issue rifle in Russia is still the Kalashnikov but it's the AK-74, not the AK-47.

Blog Entries

OK, thanks for both answers. I just mentioned the NRA because they're the ones that use guns the most and clean them - National Rifle Association.

THEY'LL HAVE TO TAKE THIS GUN OUT OF MY DEAD COLD HANDS.

--CHARLESTON HESTON--

Blog Entries

Question. Looking for gun for my wife (she wants one after her friend and husband came home to a burgalry today and they both were armed an able ti defend themselves). Dont want a revolver but would like a gun with a hammer, what manufacturers should i be looking at?

Blog Entries

The last wife I heard about who had a gun accidently shot herself when she pulled out to use on an intruder. It was a guy's wife form work 30 yrs ago. The movie actress Jennifer O'Neil, star of Summer of 42, accidently shot herself in the stomach with her husband's pistol.

Blog Entries

Sounds like someone who didnt practice enough

Everything Guns (Part 2)

What has she shot previously? Will she also be carrying the gun?

Blog Entries

Been awhile since shes shot anything so I'm having her takea courseor two first, butyea she'll becarrying it too.

Ok. What's your price range?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ok. What's your price range?
    Under 500 would be nice

Check out the Bersa "Thunder" series ....

http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-series.html

It's a clone of a Wather and is very reliable. A friend of my wife has one. She loves it. Shoots .380, is light and has an external hammer like you wanted.

Blog Entries

It's a clone of a Wather and is very reliable. A friend of my wife has one. She loves it. Shoots .380, is light and has an external hammer like you wanted.
    Thanks I'll check it out

It's a clone of a Walther and is very reliable. A friend of my wife has one. She loves it. Shoots .380, is light and has an external hammer like you wanted.
    Not an expert, but having handled one of those Bersa 380's(not fired, just handled) it seems like a great place to start. Small, light, and the recoil spring is also lightweight, making it very easy to rack the slide and get a round in the chamber. From memory, it has a good safety making it perfect for a "purse carry" weapon.

If the external hammer was not a request, and it wasn't to be carried I'd say G19 all the way. My wife loves hers. But, if she wanted to purse carry, either a round could not be chambered(far from ideal, in my mind) or it would have to have a hard shell holster of some manner, like what I wear every day.

Above all else, spend a few days at the range before purchasing anything. Most decent ranges should have a similar Bersa for rent. It's a popular women's gun. Make sure she enjoys practice, or she is better off unarmed.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 03-16-2014 at 04:01 PM.