Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 252627

Re: Everything Guns (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Former Military Policeman and now a stay at home Dad to my two kids, but I'm not sure I understand that last part. Civilian schools for what?
    I was wandering if there are any CQC training courses in the civilian world like the sniper schools such as blue mountain tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I was wandering if there are any CQC training courses in the civilian world like the sniper schools such as blue mountain tactical.
    Ah. Yes, they're plentiful here but I can't speak on their availability in Maryland, assuming that's where you are. I'd imagine taking a quality home defense or AR course is hard to find these days there.

A friend of mine in Fells travels up to PA for his defense classes. If you'd like, I can check with him and see where he goes.

Ah. Yes, they're plentiful here but I can't speak on their availability in Maryland, assuming that's where you are. I'd imagine taking a quality home defense or AR course is hard to find these days there.

A friend of mine in Fells travels up to PA for his defense classes. If you'd like, I can check with him and see where he goes.
    I actually live in Washington state, but yeah I they are not any easier to come by here. I was in the 2/75th in the Army so I got the CQC covered. I was really just asking to see if classes like that still were going on, I had heard of a few and I knew Academi was doing it as well as a few others, but have never went for obvious reasons. I was wondering if you had gone what your experience was like, but MP sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I actually live in Washington state, but yeah I they are not any easier to come by here. I was in the 2/75th in the Army so I got the CQC covered. I was really just asking to see if classes like that still were going on, I had heard of a few and I knew Academi was doing it as well as a few others, but have never went for obvious reasons. I was wondering if you had gone what your experience was like, but MP sums it up.
    You guys are bad ass! Had the pleasure of working with some Rangers back in the day at Ft Clayton (before it closed). They rotated through for some jungle training. Great group of guys and were always willing to teach us some good stuff.

Yeah, my CQC (which I think the Army is now calling CQB?) training basically consisted of modified MOUT training, which is to say it was few and far between. I was garrison MP, not combat. What I am enjoying in the civilian classes I am taking is all of the instructors have some sort of background in it, were highly successful at it and have modified the training to fit the home / civilian self defense scenarios. Home invasion, 'bump in the night', coming home to someone in your home, clearing your home, etc. All great stuff to know if you're going to have a weapon in the home.

Baltimore City Council votes to ban toy guns. No, seriously. They really did.

Blog Entries

Baltimore City Council votes to ban toy guns. No, seriously. They really did.
    And that sound you're hearing is the popping of rotator cuffs and ac joints all over Baltimore due to them patting themselves on the back. God I'm starting to hate politicians.