Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Everything Guns (Part 2)

Father of journalist who was killed on live TV will make it his life's mission to campaign for gun control .... Just as soon as he buys one for himself ....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...0d4_story.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Father of journalist who was killed on live TV will make it his life's mission to campaign for gun control .... Just as soon as he buys one for himself ....

Wow... speechlesss.

Blog Entries

hes not against guns clearly. sees their need for protection but obviously thinks our laws dont do enough. mental illness and requiring background checks at gun shows seem to be his main issues and I dont really fault him. you can be pro gun and still campaign for common sense laws.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

(In my Seth Rogan voice) I really don't know what to make of that, so there.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    hes not against guns clearly. sees their need for protection but obviously thinks our laws dont do enough. mental illness and requiring background checks at gun shows seem to be his main issues and I dont really fault him. you can be pro gun and still campaign for common sense laws.
    "Common sense" laws varies from person to person, thus completely meaningless rhetoric when politicians try to apply that term. Meaning, if you oppose them on their common sense proposals, you some how don't have any common sense.

And the gun that was used in his daughters murder wasn't purchased at a gun show. The "gun show loophole" is a myth and designed rhetoric to get a back door way to limit gun purchases.

Blog Entries

"Common sense" laws varies from person to person, thus completely meaningless rhetoric when politicians try to apply that term. Meaning, if you oppose them on their common sense proposals, you some how don't have any common sense.

And the gun that was used in his daughters murder wasn't purchased at a gun show. The "gun show loophole" is a myth and designed rhetoric to get a back door way to limit gun purchases.
    im just saying what hes saying. Hes spoken out about gun shows, but still clearly believes in gun ownership and their protection. you can be both and not the contradiction youre making it out to be if the issues youre standing up for arent outlawing guns completely, but trying to ensure there are no loopholes. why hes making gun shows his issue when it has nothing to do with his daughters death, doesnt matter much to me.

theres plenty of loopholes out there and thats typically whats referred to with "common sense". that and/or mental health. if you require background checks to purchase guns, why they wouldnt be required at a gun show to purchase the same gun, seems like it is lacking common sense. when things like mag size are talked about as "common sense" than yeah, id agree, that isnt a common sense law, but enforcing the laws we have alread across the board to eliminate loopholes, does seem rather logical.
    -JAB

Pew pew pew ....

Took four months but my silencer is out of jail

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    im just saying what hes saying. Hes spoken out about gun shows, but still clearly believes in gun ownership and their protection. you can be both and not the contradiction youre making it out to be if the issues youre standing up for arent outlawing guns completely, but trying to ensure there are no loopholes. why hes making gun shows his issue when it has nothing to do with his daughters death, doesnt matter much to me.

theres plenty of loopholes out there and thats typically whats referred to with "common sense". that and/or mental health. if you require background checks to purchase guns, why they wouldnt be required at a gun show to purchase the same gun, seems like it is lacking common sense. when things like mag size are talked about as "common sense" than yeah, id agree, that isnt a common sense law, but enforcing the laws we have alread across the board to eliminate loopholes, does seem rather logical.
    Advocating for a 'solution' that wouldn't have done a thing to prevent your daughters murder seems to be the height of lacking common sense.

He's a straight up hypocrite IMO, but excusable since he's obviously still grieving a tremendous loss.

Pew pew pew ....

Took four months but my silencer is out of jail
    Compared to others of its class, how's the weight on that sucker? (full mag, but minus the suppressor and light).
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Compared to others of its class, how's the weight on that sucker? (full mag, but minus the suppressor and light).
    It's a full size 9mm so its not the lightest gun ever. I don't carry this one. This is for home defense.

Full mag +1 comes in at around 33.5 oz.

It's a full size 9mm so its not the lightest gun ever. I don't carry this one. This is for home defense.

Full mag +1 comes in at around 33.5 oz.
    Aye, thanks. By the end of the year, I'd like to have something for personal as well as property.
    Just dipping my toe into the marketplace right now.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Aye, thanks. By the end of the year, I'd like to have something for personal as well as property.
    Just dipping my toe into the marketplace right now.
    Shoot a bunch of different guns to see what you'll like, especially if you're going to carry.