Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Everything Guns (Part 2)

Made a trade-in today.

I don't know why I ever cheated on Sig Sauer with Glock but I am back to being a Sig guy.

Just picked up a Sig Sauer P229 Elite today. Traded in my Glock 30 for it, knocking $450.00 off the price of the Sig.

AMAZING weapon. It's truly the Cadillac of handguns. It's a polished trigger for a smoother and lighter recoil and a reduced sized grip for people like me with elf like hands. Night sights, 2 mags and extended rails. This very well may be the perfect handgun!

Just thought I'd share. Ran 200 rounds through it this afternoon and just fell back in love.

Re: Everything Guns (Part 2)

NICE, Congrats, ENJOY!!!

Hey, HR and others....

A friend of mine got a Just Right Carbine 9mm AR style Pistol Caliber Carbine...

Looks like fun. The idea is intriguing, as not only can It be shot at indoor ranges, but it also has more utility, as the penetration of an 5.56 round would be a bad thing for self defense situations. The fact that the JRC uses std Glock Mags is a bonus, being that I already have 5 for my pair of G19's. Trigger and furniture accessories can be std AR style.

Digging a bit deeper, Taurus has a new contender in this market, though not AR styled.

So thoughts, suggestions horror stories?

Wish I could help. I've never seen or heard of this AR variant or the Taurus version.

The AR platform is proven though. I am sure whichever one you get, you'll enjoy it.

I own a Bushmaster M4 Carbine with a couple of different uppers. Great gun!

Blog Entries

Has THE M-16 been stream lined since you were trained on it?

I saw the new movie about the only survivor in an Afghan fight which was a true story. The M-16 looked a lot
    slimmer and more light weight and more powerful than the one I shot. I remember during Nam a lot of the
    original ones jammed and got guys killed. Great flick too.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-16-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

I saw the new movie about the only survivor in an Afghan fight which was a true story. The M-16 looked a lot
    slimmer and more light weight and more powerful than the one I shot. I remember during Nam a lot of the
    It was probably the M-4 Carbine. Same ammunition, but a shorter and lighter weapon. It has become the primary weapon over the last 10 years replacing the M-16..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

The M-16's from the Vietnam era were really long and heavy. The new ones (M4) are lighter weight, have a collapsible butt, and more versatility as far as add-on components.

I was trained on the M4 in the Navy.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Wish I could help. I've never seen or heard of this AR variant or the Taurus version.

The AR platform is proven though. I am sure whichever one you get, you'll enjoy it.

I own a Bushmaster M4 Carbine with a couple of different uppers. Great gun!
    Here is the Taurus in question.
    http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...category=Rifle

Conceptually, do you see an advantage to a Carbine chambered for 9mm or is that just me?

The simple answer, I think, is that since I can use it at my favorite range, that will ultimately make it dramatically more useful for me.

But as you alluded to, getting a venerable, proven AR is solid decision in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Here is the Taurus in question.
    http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...category=Rifle

Conceptually, do you see an advantage to a Carbine chambered for 9mm or is that just me?

The simple answer, I think, is that since I can use it at my favorite range, that will ultimately make it dramatically more useful for me.

But as you alluded to, getting a venerable, proven AR is solid decision in and of itself.
    I agree. If it's something you'll shoot more, than it will be a solid purchase. Plus, 9mm ammo is far more easy to find than the other AR ammo such as .223, 7.62 or .300 AAC.

AR's are going to be classics so no matter what variant you purchase, you'll be happy with it and it will be something you can pass down for years.

Just be sure to take good care of it. I highly recommend cleaning it after every trip to the range.

Still waiting on the ATF paperwork to clear on mine.

Next week it will be one full year since I submitted my NFA Trust to the ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still waiting on the ATF paperwork to clear on mine.

Next week it will be one full year since I submitted my NFA Trust to the ATF.
    wowzahs. yeah definitely would want to avoid that.

If you're ever curious about a gun you see in a movie, just go here ...

imfdb.org