Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Everything Guns (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    NC --

Have you considered the Beretta Nano for your wife? It doesn't have the external hammer you wanted but it's coverable in size and price.

http://www.berettausa.com/nano/
    I have. Have you shot it? Wondering how much the kick is...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I have. Have you shot it? Wondering how much the kick is...
    Never shot it. Heard it's not too bad though.

LOL .... oh Maryland and your backwards ways.

If I want to buy a gun, I walk into any gun shop, plop down my concealed carry permit and my money, and a few minutes later I walk out with the gun.

Anywho, you should love the gun. I am a huge fan of Glock. It's a great firearm for the price.
    Lol yeah, horrible state govt here. I want to get the Utah CCW and move to Northern VA eventually. Better schools, better in state schools, better infrastructure, no one party rule, etc.

If I want to buy a gun, I walk into any gun shop, plop down my concealed carry permit and my money, and a few minutes later I walk out with the gun.
    Same in NC. :)

Agreed. Love Glock but I don't think anyone can have a light weight polymer frame AND shoot .380 without it giving you a good jolt.
    Maybe this is why I'm not as accurate with my .380 as I am with my 40.

I will have to shoot one after the other to see if I can tell the difference in kick. The kick on the .380 doesn't bother me, but I've only shot it a few times and nothing else on that day. Maybe shooting the 40 along with it, I can get a better feeling of the difference other than accuracy and size.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maybe this is why I'm not as accurate with my .380 as I am with my 40.

I will have to shoot one after the other to see if I can tell the difference in kick. The kick on the .380 doesn't bother me, but I've only shot it a few times and nothing else on that day. Maybe shooting the 40 along with it, I can get a better feeling of the difference other than accuracy and size.
    I think with the Bodyguard there's a double problem. The weight of the frame AND the relatively long, strong trigger pull.

I am willing to bet your .40 doesn't have nearly as much of a trigger pull as the Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Thanks HoustonRaven for giving me the heads up on this discussion. :)

I'm partial to the Springfield XD 40. That was my first handgun and I absolutely love it. I don't really have anything to compare it to, so I'm no help there. lol I carry a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 for my conceal and carry. It's a bit small and the laser isn't accurate(yet...I still need to adjust it) but it's a pretty good little gun. I'm not used to shooting a handgun that small, so I definitely need more practice with it. I am a much better shot when using my 40, but that is way too big to carry.

I bought my wife a Hi-point 9mm for her home defense gun. I DO NOT recommend it! It's cheap in price for a reason. I should have done more research before buying one. That's my bad. I am planning on trading it in and getting her something better. She did buy herself a Ruger .380 for her conceal and carry. She's not too bad with it, but like me, needs more practice time. We both took the conceal and carry class back in September and passed it rather easily.

I also have a Savage 270 for hunting and a Ruger 10/22 (pic below) for plinking/target practice. Yes, it's purple!! lol

Attachment 2116

As far as ammo goes, .380's are about as hard to come by as .22LR are here in NC. You can get them, but you will pay way too much for them. It's better to order online at the moment.

Hi, I understand people have a love hate relationship with Hi Point.

I don't particularly like their handguns. I have a 995ts and have nothing but good things to say about it. I've put a lot of rounds down range and haven't had any issues other than my self inflicted putting the charging handle on backwards. If I had a beef it would be the 10 round magazine. My favorite thing about their carbines besides price is they stand behind their craftsmanship. A lifetime guarantee is hard to beat.

Your Ruger 10/22 is one of the better looking ones I've seen.

My latest buy has been a VZ 2008 package. Some say better than an AK in performance and design.

Mine came with a folding stock but didn't like it and changed it to a fixed stock.

Just to clarify, that isn't a picture of mine as I have the AK style slant break.

Great thread btw!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Question. Looking for gun for my wife (she wants one after her friend and husband came home to a burgalry today and they both were armed an able ti defend themselves). Dont want a revolver but would like a gun with a hammer, what manufacturers should i be looking at?

Late to the party here but I suggest she go to the gun range and rent a few different types before making a purchase. I suggest starting with a Ruger SR9c it comes with a 10 and 17 round clip. The 10 is perfect for a females hand and it's always nice to have a 17 for backup. Cool thing is the 17 rd magazines for the SR9 and SR9c are interchangeable. It also has a small rubber butt pad on the back of the grip that can be flipped to make the handle larger. Ruger is a very good company but with Ruger, Springfield , Walther and a host of others you can't go wrong. The key is what feels and looks good to one isn't necessarily another's cup of tea. Hence renting something at the range to see how it feels.

Just submitted my paperwork to the ATF for my new can.

I am suppressing my Sig P226 Elite. Quoted wait time is 7 months. :(

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    HQL is the new Maryland Handgun Qualification License. The General Assembly passed this ridiculous law banning "assault weapons" after October 2013 and requiring that anyone who purchases a handgun after October 2013 takes this 4 hour class and goes through like ten diff background checks, waits for the HQL card to come in the mail before they can buy a handgun.
    My thinking with the HBAR still available and people gravitating to the .308s instead of the .223s the people that (majority of) PG County and Baltimore City elected to govern this state just made it that more dangerous. Heck, even when the Police cap a criminal there is literally hundreds in the street saying he was a good boy. I'll add they've never been better.

The weapons they have outlawed have done nothing to make the state safer only more dangerous.

I say how dare the clowns that get protection from taxpayer funded security determine how an average citizen can protect his family and home from the criminal element.

Sorry for derailing your thread HR. If I may ask a can is a silencer?

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    HQL is the new Maryland Handgun Qualification License. The General Assembly passed this ridiculous law banning "assault weapons" after October 2013 and requiring that anyone who purchases a handgun after October 2013 takes this 4 hour class and goes through like ten diff background checks, waits for the HQL card to come in the mail before they can buy a handgun.
    FWIW,, I have an HQL not that I plan on buying anything but was told by someone who took the class that any regulated weapon that changes hands through estate needs to have...

1. serial number of the weapon in the will
    2. transferee needs to have a HQL

or the state confiscates.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Sorry for derailing your thread HR. If I may ask a can is a silencer?
    No worries.

Yes. A "can" is slang for a suppressor (aka silencer).