Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 182
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    OT: For all you wrestling fans.



    A walk down memory lane.

    Was this not one of the greatest ideas in wrestling history?

    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7n...aw-debut_sport

    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    I will never forget this. WWF should have ran with him longer.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    If you want to see great wrestling check out Lucha Underground on El Rey network. That Mexican style of wrestling is a lot of fun.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    How bout this fight. I wonder if Cena can play linebacker?

    How does he ever lift that lard of shit up in the air like that.


    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...-john-ce_sport




  5. #5

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    How bout this fight. I wonder if Cena can play linebacker?

    How does he ever lift that lard of shit up in the air like that.


    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b...-john-ce_sport
    Ahh Cena's first WM... and the end of wrestling as we know it....from 07- 2015.... LOLCENA wins...every match with the same 5 moves...




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    Gillberg was pure genius. Duane Gill talked about how this was supposed to be a one night thing, but the response he got from the fans and the executives backstage was so great that they kept it going for a while.

    In real life, Goldberg could not stand Duane Gill and wanted to beat him up for real.

    Ain't our fault you couldn't wrestle for shit Goldberg.

    This is what happens when people believe their own hype too much.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    I never really got Gillberg, even as a teenager back then. They were making fun of what was probably the second biggest draw in wrestling at the time. It never made me want to watch WWF while he was on, it made me want to change the channel to see the real Goldberg. Kind of fell flat for me. The fact that I'm an enormous Goldberg mark even given his inability to wrestle probably plays a role in that.

    Interesting that you (seem to) not like Golberg even though in the post-WM thread you seemed to be heavy WCW supporter. Goldberg probably singlehandedly saved WCW from going out of business a year or two sooner than it did. They were starting to lose that ratings battle until Goldberg blew up and they retook the lead. Of course, they put a nail in their own coffin when they let Nash book himself to go over him via taser at Starrcade '98 and then followed up with more tired Hogan/Nash/NWO stuff, but that's WCW for you.




  8. #8

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    My cousin and his wife went to the Payback event last night and he was talking about Macho Mandow and Axelmania which
    is a weak sad remake of the Mega Powers. Is that what the WWE has come too?




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    That's a sad thing to come away from the event talking about. Payback was probably the best PPV they've put on in months. I didn't go because I figured it just be a filler PPV as most are between the big ones, but it was actually very good. That Machow Mandow/Axelmania thing was on the pre-show, not even on the actual main show.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    sort of related:

    The Kansas City Chiefs are giving the son of a WWE legend a chance in camp. READ: http://cbsprt.co/1B7M3jQ
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I never really got Gillberg, even as a teenager back then. They were making fun of what was probably the second biggest draw in wrestling at the time. It never made me want to watch WWF while he was on, it made me want to change the channel to see the real Goldberg. Kind of fell flat for me. The fact that I'm an enormous Goldberg mark even given his inability to wrestle probably plays a role in that.

    Interesting that you (seem to) not like Golberg even though in the post-WM thread you seemed to be heavy WCW supporter. Goldberg probably singlehandedly saved WCW from going out of business a year or two sooner than it did. They were starting to lose that ratings battle until Goldberg blew up and they retook the lead. Of course, they put a nail in their own coffin when they let Nash book himself to go over him via taser at Starrcade '98 and then followed up with more tired Hogan/Nash/NWO stuff, but that's WCW for you.
    What's hidden in all of what happened back then was actually how fast Goldberg went stale with the fans. When Goldberg first became hot, the fans would chant his name, they didn't have to pipe in the chant. However, his act got stale with fans because he couldn't wrestle a lick was too easily beating established talent. After a while, fans starting chanting 'Goldberg Sucks' in Arenas. To cover it up, WCW started pumping in the Goldberg chant. When Goldberg lost to Nash, Nash was over and most of the crowd was on his side. People were getting tired of Goldberg long before WCW wanted it to be known.

    Hence how the WWF commentators always remarked how they could hear the Gillberg chant, but could look in the crowd and see that nobody was standing or moving their lips. It was a direct shot at what WCW was doing with Goldberg and Nash later shoots on this very issue.

    The only person who didn't see the writing on the wall was Goldberg himself, who became just as difficult to work with backstage as all the other hot shots.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 05-19-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #12

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    My cousin and his wife went to the Payback event last night and he was talking about Macho Mandow and Axelmania which
    is a weak sad remake of the Mega Powers. Is that what the WWE has come too?
    They do this like every 5 years or so it seems...

    Big show had a stint where he came out as a bunch of other former stars including hogan

    Charlie Haas or whatever its spelled did it for a while

    now these two ppl are doing it. I think the Axel guy is somehow related to Mr. Perfect, who was a great wrestler in the day, thats the saddest part.




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    They do this like every 5 years or so it seems...

    Big show had a stint where he came out as a bunch of other former stars including hogan

    Charlie Haas or whatever its spelled did it for a while

    now these two ppl are doing it. I think the Axel guy is somehow related to Mr. Perfect, who was a great wrestler in the day, thats the saddest part.
    Axel is Joe Hennig. He's Curt Henning's, Mr. Perfect, son and Larry 'The Axe" Henning's grandson. He's just nowhere near the level of his dad or grandfather. He's like Ted Dibiase's kid and will probably end up the same way.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Axel is Joe Hennig. He's Curt Henning's, Mr. Perfect, son and Larry 'The Axe" Henning's grandson. He's just nowhere near the level of his dad or grandfather. He's like Ted Dibiase's kid and will probably end up the same way.
    Who could possibly live up to Ted DiBiase to begin with?

    And still one of the greatest wrestling themes of all time.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Who could possibly live up to Ted DiBiase to begin with?

    And still one of the greatest wrestling themes of all time.
    Ted DiBiase was one of the best. He had no body to speak of but still got a huge push from McMahon. You have to be great for that to happen. He son looked the part but he was terrible. He had none of the skills or charisma of his father.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland