Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco on Ray Lewis: I didn't know what he was talking about 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Some of y'all need to go back and read that article.

If you really thought Joe was being serious (or that Ray would even remotely take offense to it) I have a tunnel under the harbor I wanna sell you. Two for one!
    Man, I'm not going near that dirty assed water.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Flacco on Ray Lewis: I didn't know what he was talking about 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Remember Ray's address to the team following the loss to NE in the '11 AFCCG? I do. I'm pretty sure 99% of the team does. In many ways I believe it laid the groundwork for what transpired this past season. On one hand I'm thinking no big deal. But on the other, I'm thinking Flacco shouldn't have been so dismissive about what Ray's speeches meant to him and his teammates
    That speech was outstanding. But it is contrast to pre-game speeches where his thoughts were sometimes all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm willing to bet there's more concern here than with Ray.

This type of banter goes on in a locker room all the time. Joe's smart enough to know what is and isn't ok and he's simply busting balls here.

By all accounts Ray is a self deprecating person and probably got a good laugh from all of this.

Much ado about nothing.
    That's my take as well.

Blog Entries

That's the speech that held CAM together when he was fired. Ray said after that heart
    breaking loss that this is where we're supposed to be. CAM sure understood him
    and that's what he told his family when he was fired.

Ray actually helped someone who applied what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Some of you need to calm down. This is actually an old quote by Joe. It's clear Joe was teasing Ray. When Ray made his first appearance on Sportscenter and they read the quote to him. He laughed and said Joe was always giving him crap about his speeches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=robdpQ_Nj4c

Comments start at 4:10.
    That interview pretty much sums it up. Non-starter for those who read more into it then there really is.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Joe is always seemingly taking heat for something he says ain't he? Alot of people have already said they believe that Joe saying that was just for joking around. Just look how it's phrased though. The media has that power to twist it in a way that could look bad. Look at how his "Elite" comment was constantly brased over when the Ravens lost a game. Then in another interview about that recently, he says "Yea. Like I'd want to say I want to be the 20th ranked OB" or some such.

Of course his SB comment about the SB being played in NY this year being retarted was kinda funny to me but, of course that didn't fly. I like Joe because he's honest about what he says. It's just that since he's in a spotlight all the time, whatever you say can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion. LOL! Poor Joe. He goes and wins an MVPSB, and still has detractors.

And who the hell needs to make sence of Ray? That running through brick walls comment is really true. Can't believe I've been to the ER so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    Hey everyone ... Joe Cool was simply busting Ray's chops. Absolutely positively.

Kind of hard for me to fathom all posters so far are interpreting Joe's comments as if he truly meant what he stated.

Joe has a very dry sense of humor.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    That interview pretty much sums it up. Non-starter for those who read more into it then there really is.
    Yup, the fact that Ray laughed and said Lots of guys in the locker room said the same thing says it all.

Nothing to see here.

As a side bar....

Ray sure does dress nice!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Dade-
    Thanks for posting that link. It tends to put this whole tempest into a teapot, IMHO.

R-75-
    I trust you understand that many (most?) of us don't view Flacco's comments about Lewis as disrespectful or otherwise disparaging towards him. After watching the video at Dade's link and reading and hearing what both Joe and Ray said, it seems pretty obvious to me that the "just busting balls" theory is probably the case. Lewis was a very unique leader on the team, extremely passionate, and could probably have revved up his mates using only sign language if necessary. I suspect there's noone who ever played alongside Lewis over his career who thought, "Wow, he just rambled on about I don't know what, and it's killed my enthusiasm to go out and play ball (so hard! ;))"

OTOH, that doesn't mean that I or others disagree with your thoughts on the cultural differences between these two guys, more that it appears that they are really good friends who understand each other, enjoy each other's company and have a chuckle or two with some teasing, private and public. Just my opinion...

Some of you need to calm down. This is actually an old quote by Joe. It's clear Joe was teasing Ray. When Ray made his first appearance on Sportscenter and they read the quote to him. He laughed and said Joe was always giving him crap about his speeches.

Thank you for posting this. I think a lot of people that post here have never been in a locker room, or the experience has faded over time for them so much that they just don't remember the camaraderie that exists. None of us have been a part of such a great loccker room experience and atmosphere as the Ravens have had the last several years. These guys fought together so hard and guys bust each others balls when they work so hard for so long on a common goal. It keeps it light when you can joke with each other. That obviously has been a topic of conversation over the years and I highly, HIGHLY, doubt it that Joe is the first one to bust Rays balls about not making sense sometimes. We all have thought the same thing. You think Suggs hasn't been like " What did you just say?" Come on people...

Damn Beau, i was typing my response while you were posting yours. Great minds...or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Joe is always seemingly taking heat for something he says ain't he?
    Like the people who insisted that Joe was serious when he said someone from the sideline should tackle the punt returner in the waning moments of the Super Bowl. Seriously?!!!!