Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Why do some people find it inconceivable that we could possibly find a good reciever? Shit as much as how we tried and tried we finally got Torrey now we might have another one. Shit i for one am excited to see if Brown is the real deal so far hes done more than Doss and Reed combined shit he's done more than Dallas Clark so far and Shaincoe too so why not?
    Cause it's preseason. And how many years have we had that one guy who just lights it up but come real time is sitting on the bench cause he's really not good enough. Where is Riley nowadays?

Browns saving grace is he did well against the 1s. Well 1s that might have been half assing it a bit and he caught them off guard. Next up is yeah Carolina has a good front 7 but one of the worst secondaries in the league. It's not like he was going up against revis or aso or webbie out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Cause it's preseason. And how many years have we had that one guy who just lights it up but come real time is sitting on the bench cause he's really not good enough. Where is Riley nowadays?

Browns saving grace is he did well against the 1s. Well 1s that might have been half assing it a bit and he caught them off guard. Next up is yeah Carolina has a good front 7 but one of the worst secondaries in the league. It's not like he was going up against revis or aso or webbie out there.
    Who cares how good their secondary is? That's what good WR's do, take advantage of a bad secondary. Tell that to Victor Cruz and Marquise Coleman. The Ravens just have to trust him enough to put him on the field and give him a chance.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

If Carolina's defense was half assing it I sure hope we don't play them at full speed. They were pretty dominant and scored 3 times!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Don't forget Last Tango in Paris. The difference is that when this Marlon marks his territory this season, he ain't gunna use butter.
    And...especially considering your screen name...what about that 1979 classic "Apocalypse Now"?

HELLO people! I thought this is what we've been waiting for? A receiver to finally distinguish himself. Well one has, and now we're preaching tempering of expectations, having doubts of him contributing anything or even making the roster. But why I ask? Because he's a rookie, wasn't drafted and was mostly unknown prior to his breakout. Having those great physical tools such as size and speed, seem almost like a detriment rather than a gift in the eyes of our fans. Marlon Brown has only one thing in common with Streeter and the disappointing guys before him and that is his impressive measurements. But unlike them, this guy can play.

It won't long into the season before Jacoby is surplanted by Brown and the three primary receivers become Torrey Smith, Brandon Stokley and Marlon Brown. The common denominator is that they can get open and more importantly they can catch the ball in their hands . Mellette will make the team also and I think the future looks bright. Jacoby Jones won't be here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    HELLO people! I thought this is what we've been waiting for? A receiver to finally distinguish himself. Well one has, and now we're preaching tempering of expectations, having doubts of him contributing anything or even making the roster. But why I ask? Because he's a rookie, wasn't drafted and was mostly unknown prior to his breakout. Having those great physical tools such as size and speed, seem almost like a detriment rather than a gift in the eyes of our fans. Marlon Brown has only one thing in common with Streeter and the disappointing guys before him and that is his impressive measurements. But unlike them, this guy can play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    preach!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

We'll see if he can play. One game doesn't make a star. If you do it at the right time, you can get a big contract (right, Rob Johnson?).

I'm deployed overseas, so I wasn't able to watch the game. He looked good on the video highlights I was able to watch, but I didn't see any of the other plays he was in. I hope he's the real deal. If he's got good hands, that height is going to make things very tough for defenses in the red zone and when we need to move the chains.

I don't think there's a lot of evidence to say this kid is going to be a legit NFL receiver yet, but I concede that the signs we've seen are positive.

Between Torrey, Ray, Stokely, and the TE corps, our O has plenty of receptions we can reliably count on. Obviously you hope that Brown can be that 50-60 catch guy to make us legitimately unstoppable, but I think it's more likely he provides 25-35 grabs. Along with the 35-40 we can reasonably expect from Jacoby and 20-30 that the FBs give us, that should be more than adequate to win us enough games to make another run.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

One game??? Brown has been beating our starting secondary in camp all camp long he killed it in the first preseason game and got hurt so he missed the ATL game came back and killed Carolinas secondary too he just didnt come outta nowhere he's been doing good all camp.

So Marlon is "Ravens-ready", b/c unfortunately for us, the bar is damn low; so let's see if reasonable folk can judge that he's "NFL-ready" after the STL game.

It's exciting to see him on the radar, but let's agree that the body-body-of-work is not there for him to take JJ12's place for the home opener.
    Also keep in mind also that depending on TT's condition (concussion or not?), Marlon may have Caleb throwing to him. With that, his catchable targets may be something like 2 out of 6 ffs.
    So Marlon might have to strengthen his grasp on a 53-spot via blocking on the perimeter, route-running and just getting open...whether the ball is there or not.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Between Torrey, Ray, Stokely, and the TE corps, our O has plenty of receptions we can reliably count on.
    What TE corps is that, exactly?