Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

It is really hard to gauge younger receivers when Tyrod is the QB.

He just isn't a pass-first guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It is really hard to gauge younger receivers when Tyrod is the QB.

He just isn't a pass-first guy.
    I think that's why they gave some of them some time w/ Joe last night. I was glad to see it. We reduce injury risk to Torrey and increased knowledge of our young receivers.

Brown really stepped up. Made the most of his opportunity to run with the 1st team. Flacco kept going back to him...starting to see a little chemistry develop there maybe.

The 6 WRs should be, IMO:

1. Smith
    2. Jones
    3. Stokely
    4. Brown
    5. Millette
    6. Williams

Possibly will see a steady rotation between Jones, Brown and Millete.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Mar-Lon, Mar-Lon, Mar-Lon

The bandwagon has officially started.

If you look underneath, carved into the wood are names like Justin Harper, Clarence Moore, Eron Riley, even way over towards the back is LaQuan Williams, and one I tried to carve into there Matt Willis.

Nothing to get super-hyped about, but I admit things look promising. We sure do hope we caught lightening in a bottle... slight chance of that but I'm going to enjoy being a fan and following Mar-Lon Mar-Lon.

Torrey
    Stokley
    Jacoby
    Deonte
    Marlon
    LaQuan

Mellette to IR/PS

Streeter and Doss (joining Reed) gone
    My take is the Colts turned down Doss for Reed but that is just guessing. Reed had a stronger chance of making the team with returns/gunner than Doss is left with. Wonderful one handed grabs in practice mean nothing if you ain't in the right spot game day (just ask Justin Harper)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    screw that. Mellette might come up with an injury
    I think that would be the best solution. The WR corp would then be Torrey Smith, JJ, Stokely, Thompson, Brown, and Williams. I think Williams makes it for ST reasons, now that Reed is gone. That's six WRs going into the season. I can also see the Ravens transitioning some of JJ's kick-off and punt return duties to Thompson, once he is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I especially liked Brown's effort where he stretched for the 1st down. He knew where the marker was and made it a goal to reach it.

Earlier in the game Mellette had a chance to convert a 3rd down and couldn;t quite get to the marker. He did have two guys in front of him, but I thought on that play Mellette could have had a little less wiggle and a little more straight line push to try and get to the markers to convert the 1st.
    I remember that play; I was thinking don't dance, GO! Shied away from [1st string NFL] contact? Maybe. But last night got Brown and probably Mellette thru the 1st cuts. Last night's tape is gonna make Brown harder to hide.

Doss is not looking like a guy whose time w/ the Ravens has given him the edge it should have in a position battle (see Gino Gradkowski for ex. of "incumbent" advantage well-leveraged). Doss' turns at KR/PR are also not really showcasing versatility. There was more investment in Reed, who was ultimately deemed expendable. Definitely could be the end of the line for Doss.

Thompson can go PUP to delay a decision on him. My Poly Pride hopes LaQuan makes it for "Quanny on the Spot" ST work, but he'd still take up a WR position on the roster if he does.

Stokely looked pretty comfortable w/ Joe already. Hope he's physically up to a season of AFC North football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    I remember that play; I was thinking don't dance, GO!
    I screamed that a couple of times, once at Jacoby early (along with some comment about dancing with the stars is over) and later at Mellette.
    Looked like Mellette was trying for a juke opening but others used the hesitation to close down on him. Didn't smell like fear, smelled more like trying to make a big play, he will learn than in the NFL, take what you can get.

Brown reminded me of Jacoby playoff. Jacoby was down (Brown wasn't though) and got up and bee-lined to the endzone. Saw the same with Brown, caught the ball and moved for whatever he could get, and I was impressed (twice).
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Is Thompson eligible for the PUP list? I don't think he is, since he practiced already. Anyone know for sure?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    I remember that play; I was thinking don't dance, GO! Shied away from [1st string NFL] contact? Maybe. But last night got Brown and probably Mellette thru the 1st cuts. Last night's tape is gonna make Brown harder to hide.

Doss is not looking like a guy whose time w/ the Ravens has given him the edge it should have in a position battle (see Gino Gradkowski for ex. of "incumbent" advantage well-leveraged). Doss' turns at KR/PR are also not really showcasing versatility. There was more investment in Reed, who was ultimately deemed expendable. Definitely could be the end of the line for Doss.

Thompson can go PUP to delay a decision on him. My Poly Pride hopes LaQuan makes it for "Quanny on the Spot" ST work, but he'd still take up a WR position on the roster if he does.

Stokely looked pretty comfortable w/ Joe already. Hope he's physically up to a season of AFC North football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I screamed that a couple of times, once at Jacoby early (along with some comment about dancing with the stars is over) and later at Mellette.
    Looked like Mellette was trying for a juke opening but others used the hesitation to close down on him. Didn't smell like fear, smelled more like trying to make a big play, he will learn than in the NFL, take what you can get.

Brown reminded me of Jacoby playoff. Jacoby was down (Brown wasn't though) and got up and bee-lined to the endzone. Saw the same with Brown, caught the ball and moved for whatever he could get, and I was impressed (twice).

That was a 1-2 yard drag play when they needed 4-5 yards for a 1st down. Furthermore, that route was going right into a zone coverage scheme where Mellette literally had nowhere to go. It just wasn't a good play overall.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Brown will be the #4 guy on the depth chart. He has the potential to move up that chart as the season goes on.

Once in a while you see a player that has "it" come out of nowhere. That guy is Brown.
    He played smart last night, and he got to the end zone awfully quickly after catching the ball. There were three Panthers standing around wondering what just happened.

It was one game, but if he's been doing the same things in practice, and didn't just have a lucky 30 minutes, it will be hard not to have him on the 53.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Once you've been on the field/active pre-season roster for just one minute of one exercise, drill or snap then you are 100% ineligible for PUP.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 08-23-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

As everybody else has said, I was very impressed with Brown last night.

I was impressed with his route running, his hands, his seemingly seamless chemistry with Joe and his toughness...he had to be thinking he was gonna get clobbered on that TD pass...fortunately that safety was clueless.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.