Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Brown might come up with a mysterious injury for the year which would match his
    history.
    That is what I thought until last night. After last night he looks like a top 4 wr on this team. The thing I noticed about Brown is his instincts. He knows how to find the soft spot in the defense. Similar to why Pitta passed Dickson on the depth chart. It was evident in his catches on third down. On the TD catch he blew by the guy off the line of scrimmage. I saw that and immediately knew he was going to be open.

I think Brown is going to be in on certain packages early in the season. If he continues to learn the offense his role can increase. I don't think there is anyway they put him on IR or risk moving him to the PS. I think he may have taken Williams or Mellettes spot on the roste.r

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Brown might come up with a mysterious injury for the year which would match his
    history.
    screw that. Mellette might come up with an injury

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I don't drink very often, but tonight in Maui, I got engaged like 3 days ago... And I've drank 17 shots of vodka... And, I feel bad for Tandon doss right now. I hope he somehow proves everyone wrong.
    haha... Look on the brighter side.... Marlon can make plays!

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

No way can I see him as #2 or #3 right now. At least on last night you can say hes edging out Mellete but only by a fraction. At this point it wouldn't surprise if both of them were stashed. I just have a (bad) feeling that both Doss and Streeter will stick if only because they were somewhat high draft picks as someone mentioned earlier and are presumably still "investments."

But as far as I'm concerned Doss can go yesterday. Marlon Brown may or may not have "IT" but I think we can safely say Doss does NOT.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    No way can I see him as #2 or #3 right now. At least on last night you can say hes edging out Mellete but only by a fraction. At this point it wouldn't surprise if both of them were stashed. I just have a (bad) feeling that both Doss and Streeter will stick if only because they were somewhat high draft picks as someone mentioned earlier and are presumably still "investments."

But as far as I'm concerned Doss can go yesterday. Marlon Brown may or may not have "IT" but I think we can safely say Doss does NOT.
    im pretty sure streeter was a 7th rounder last year

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post

No way Streeter makes the team. They don't even put him on the field for preseason games (at least for any important plays). I guess I wouldn't be shocked to see them keeping Doss, but I'd be fine letting him go and getting Brown and Millette on the field.

What it is:
    1. Torrey Smith
    2. Jacoby Jones
    3. Brandon Stokely

4. Tandon Doss
    5. Aaron Mellette
    6. Marlon Brown
    7. LaQuan Williams

One of the guys in Italic is gone. Hoping it's Tandon Doss.... He's produced the least of that bunch and made the most mistakes.

What I'd like:
    1. Smith
    2. Stokely
    3. Jones
    4. Brown
    5. Millette
    6. Williams

IR/PUP. Thompson
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 08-23-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Lost in this discussion is the status of Deonte Thompson. I haven't heard much on his injury, any word?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    No way Streeter makes the team. They don't even put him on the field for preseason games (at least for any important plays). I guess I wouldn't be shocked to see them keeping Doss, but I'd be fine letting him go and getting Brown and Millette on the field.

What it is:
    1. Torrey Smith
    2. Jacoby Jones
    3. Brandon Stokely

4. Tandon Doss
    5. Aaron Mellette
    6. Marlon Brown
    7. LaQuan Williams

One of the guys in Italic is gone. Hoping it's Tandon Doss.... He's produced the least of that bunch and made the most mistakes.

What I'd like:
    1. Smith
    2. Stokely
    3. Jones
    4. Brown
    5. Millette
    6. Williams

IR/PUP. Thompson
    Agreed. They are so tight-lipped on injuries, but since Deonte hasn't been on the field, I think PUP is a great solution for him. It gives you six weeks to evaluate Brown and/or Mellette. At the end of six weeks, either a) they are contributing like crazy and we found ourselves a WR or two, or b) they are showing some rookie inconsistencies and therefore it won't be too hard to get them to the practice squad.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I especially liked Brown's effort where he stretched for the 1st down. He knew where the marker was and made it a goal to reach it.

Earlier in the game Mellette had a chance to convert a 3rd down and couldn;t quite get to the marker. He did have two guys in front of him, but I thought on that play Mellette could have had a little less wiggle and a little more straight line push to try and get to the markers to convert the 1st.

The TD catch was a nice pluck. I want the WRs to pluck the ball out, not wait for it to come to them. Waiting for it to come increases INTs.

Brown will be the #4 guy on the depth chart. He has the potential to move up that chart as the season goes on.

Once in a while you see a player that has "it" come out of nowhere. That guy is Brown.

Loved what I saw from Brown last night. Hard to take much from one game, but in that one game he outplayed Doss every step of the way. Really hope he makes the team. He has a cool story - coming back from a torn ACL not even a year ago.

We might keep 7 WR's just because of all the uncertainty with our young guys:

Torrey
    Jacoby
    Stokley
    Brown
    Mellette
    Thompson
    Williams

Doss is history.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Agreed. They are so tight-lipped on injuries, but since Deonte hasn't been on the field, I think PUP is a great solution for him. It gives you six weeks to evaluate Brown and/or Mellette. At the end of six weeks, either a) they are contributing like crazy and we found ourselves a WR or two, or b) they are showing some rookie inconsistencies and therefore it won't be too hard to get them to the practice squad.
    Deonte cannot be PUP'd.
    Any player to be PUP'd needs to be so as camp starts, not during or as it closes.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver