Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

Brown Looks like a baller. About time Ravens got Lucky with late drafted WR or UFA after 17 years, seems every other team in NFL has. He just is s good athelete. Looks composed and knows what to do out their with obvious talent, speed, size and hands.

He just looks natural.

Hopefully he can develop like a Malcom Floyd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would agree.

It is rare to find a receiver his size (6'5" 210-215lbs) that can actually run good routes and separate. He catches with his hands, he'll go over the middle, he can get off of press coverage and he has nice vertical speed.

I don't feel comfortable jumping to this conclusion, but I'm really starting to think - based on my observations - that Brown is probably the Ravens 2nd best receiver after Torrey right now when factoring in age, speed and size.
    It's hard not to get excited about Brown. If his knee holds up, and this preseason isn't just some flash in the pan (which I don't think it is), Smith on one side, and Brown on the other, could do some serious damage, especially with some of the other weapons the Ravens have. So, just imagine, Smith, Brown and Stokley (or Mellette) in a bunch formation on the left side, with Jones split out wide to the right, and Rice in the slot on the right. If the O-line can hold, who in the world can cover that attack?
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 08-30-2013 at 12:25 PM.

I'm hoping for Brown. The kid looks hungry and sweet. If his knee is good, give the man the shot at #2 and let Jones return a td against the broncos. He catches, and run good routes. Let me repeat that, a WR that catches and run good Routes. And blocks!! And knows what is a first down marker. I hope to see him early and often. If Joe can find him along with Torrey , it's going to be a great start in Denver. I think if he is ok with knee, give that man a shot. Lord knows, it would be nice to have him keep ballin as he has shown in the preseason.

Blog Entries

Got to also remember (for whatever it is worth, but it has to be factored in)
    That this is the first draft/UDFA signings where Cam has not had an imput in a good while.

So while we can talk about past somewhat recent history TossDoss, Eron, Willis...... this crop was selected with Caldwell's eyes replacing Cam's in re weight/apprasial.

So while we may consider past history and still hope we got a Colson or Collie, we can say for sure that we had a different evaluator in the mix.

Surprising that out of it we have 2 who are getting some hype (who look to have similar skill sets... as opposed to deep burning speeders) Time will tell... just saying a new factor in the mix
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He just looks natural.

Hopefully he can develop like a Malcom Floyd.

Floyd? I guess that wouldn't be so terrible, but I am hoping he becomes better than that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Floyd? I guess that wouldn't be so terrible, but I am hoping he becomes better than that.
    Floyd is a good player...his numbers suffer due to injuries.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Brown Looks like a baller. About time Ravens got Lucky with late drafted WR or UFA after 17 years, seems every other team in NFL has. He just is s good athelete. Looks composed and knows what to do out their with obvious talent, speed, size and hands.
    I don't know about this. You look at most of the teams with good WRs and you will see some high draft picks invested. The Marques Colstons of the world are few and far between.

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 49s
    Ravens are extremely upbeat about progress of rookie wide receivers Marlon Brown and Aaron Mellette since start of camp, like their upside

He looks like he can hang with the number 1's. He also played against legitmate competition in the SEC. Take the latter for what it's worth.

I'm having a real problem with Doss' attitude. From today's Sun:

“I finally got some balls thrown my way,” Doss said."

I guess the ones he dropped or ran the wrong route on don't count? This comment, along with the one about him AND Joe being responsible for the interception, don't reflect well at all on him. He sounds like a diva without the resume.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'm having a real problem with Doss' attitude. From today's Sun:

“I finally got some balls thrown my way,” Doss said."

I guess the ones he dropped or ran the wrong route on don't count? This comment, along with the one about him AND Joe being responsible for the interception, don't reflect well at all on him. He sounds like a diva without the resume.
    Doss a diva? I can buy that. He looks and acts the part a lot lately. I don't particularly care for the guy myself. But if he can contribute I will be happy.