Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When I favored Brown over Jones, some posters focused on my perceived 'hatred' for Jones, without recognizing that much of what I said held truth to it and we saw that last night. It will only get better for Brown.
    Jacoby was well on his way to a hell of a game himself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I have to say this was the most notable thing about the game for me up until the time he was injured. Jones ran some good routes, caught the ball with his hands, and even made a pretty tough catch on a ball thrown behind him over the middle..

I was thinking "wow"...

Hope he's back quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I was pleasantly surprised at how well he was doing over the middle of the field, and in general. Everything was clicking...until Trawick plowed into him.

True I was like wow when JONes was catching til the injury. I sure hope that continue when healthy. But Brown, the dude still looks hungry, I don't know if it the big eyes he has , but I like what he bringing to table so far. Also , was I the only one alittle shock we only had 4 WR dress? I mean, first game , thin air, deep routes, I thought I would see Mettelle too.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    True I was like wow when JONes was catching til the injury. I sure hope that continue when healthy. But Brown, the dude still looks hungry, I don't know if it the big eyes he has , but I like what he bringing to table so far. Also , was I the only one alittle shock we only had 4 WR dress? I mean, first game , thin air, deep routes, I thought I would see Mettelle too.
    That's just not how the Ravens roll.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They won't try it because of money. Everyone on the week 1 roster has their salary for the season guaranteed. That means paying which ever old fart TE they cut to bring up Furst would be a lot of dead money. I like the idea but it's not going to happen.
    I don't buy that they wouldn't make the move for the cost of a rookie UFA salary against the cap. The Ravens are about winning, and have the cap space for Furstenburg.