Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

I guess the Ravens are making a tough philosophical decision here...whether to protect their guys Mellette/Williams/Doss/Thompson or give the roster spot to Brown, who has done everything to earn it. I think putting Brown on the PS is far too risky a maneuver.

It's just a sticky situation because of the Streeter/Doss/Williams/Thompson/Mellette/Brown sextet, the two guys who have done the least impressing are the two highest draft picks, Doss and Streeter.

Streeter is clearly not in contention for a roster spot

So out of Doss/LaQuan/Deonte/Mellette/M.Brown, who gets the two guaranteed spots? Is there a 6th spot? Will they go with seven? Is Thompson headed to IR? Is Thompson assured a roster spot because of his impressive contributions when given a chance?

Blog Entries

I was impressed with him, but as with Mellette, not sure either of them are capable of being a true #2 THIS year. Splitting time with each other, along with Jones, is probably the best way forward with that position, with Smith as the 1 and Stokley as the 3.

I don't think there is any way he isn't on the team. Doss is hanging by a thread at this point and the only reason for that is because he was a 4th round pick a couple years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to move him for a late round pick, much like David Reed, he could also probably use a change of scenery at this point. If not, I think he's cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    So out of Doss/LaQuan/Deonte/Mellette/M.Brown, who gets the two guaranteed spots? Is there a 6th spot? Will they go with seven? Is Thompson headed to IR? Is Thompson assured a roster spot because of his impressive contributions when given a chance?
    Smith/Jones/Stokley/Mellette/Brown/Thompson, IMO. Unless Thompson is a longer term injury, then Williams stays. If they go by what we've seen on the field and not draft position, it's those guys. I've not been in the "Cut Doss" camp, but after tonight, what exactly has he done besides be a 4th round pick that warrants him being on this team?

I agree that they can't expose Brown or Mellette to the other teams. They've certainly shown enough to get picked up as a 5th or 6th receiver for some team to stash for a year if the Ravens don't keep them.

Blog Entries

Doss just sucks, thats why they Signed Stokely. I am starting to wonder if Rainey is trade with Rice, Peirce and leach and Juice no room. He can do a good job with kicks too.

Doss completely stinks. I couldn't believe that mistake that caused the INT. That's something he should not be doing at this point.

I think Doss is gone. Third year for this guy and he is consistently being outplayed by rookies taken in lower rounds.

Blog Entries

I don't drink very often, but tonight in Maui, I got engaged like 3 days ago... And I've drank 17 shots of vodka... And, I feel bad for Tandon doss right now. I hope he somehow proves everyone wrong.

Blog Entries

I think doss was 2 for 3 targets with one coming back from penalty iirc. outside the blown play which was certainly bad i still dont think hes shown ability thats not worthy of being on the team. Not meeting the fans lofty expectations? Sure. Off the team entirely? Just dont see it. Marlon had a good game. Thats what i take away from this one. Im happy with that. As far as the wrs, i think its been the same story all along. One guy has a decent game and everyone jumps on his bandwagon (LW and mellette bandwagons are a lot less crowded) but overall theyre still very inconsistent. Its going to be interesting to see how it shakes out. I dont think Doss' spot is as secure as i once did but i think that has more to do with stokely than brown or mellette.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Brown might come up with a mysterious injury for the year which would match his
    history.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    outside the blown play which was certainly bad i still dont think hes shown ability thats not worthy of being on the team. Not meeting the fans lofty expectations? Sure. Off the team entirely? Just dont see it.
    I've never had lofty expectations for Doss. But at this point it's fair to say that other receivers who are making plays should be given priority for roster spots. Are Marlon Brown and Aaron Mellette for real? I have no idea, but we've seen enough of Doss to think that he's not. I'd like to see more, but the cost is delaying the development/contribution of another player. Admittedly it's a tough choice, but I don't think Doss should get a spot on the 53.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Of course, wait till next week when Brown is the one not making the hot read and running Joe into a pick-6, and Doss reels in a TD. It'll probably happen like that at some stage so... shit's gonna happen. At some point we need to break in some WRs unless we plan to keep renting vets forever.
    Joe won't be playing next week.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Brown might come up with a mysterious injury for the year which would match his
    history.
    Yeah, he might, but why do that? Honestly, I care about what the WR corps is going to look like THIS year. And so should these guys. If we don't get a breakout from Mellette or Brown or someone else this season as the #2 WR, we're going to be drafting a WR with an early draft pick next year, thanks to our defensive depth and our lack of a need for a QB or RB. The time is now for one of these guys to turn into the next Colston or Cruz. Why stash these guys only to make them compete with a first-round WR next time around? To save space for Tandon freaking Doss?