Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Well, except for the one that they did win. Without any deep threats.
    The exception that proves the rule. The league has changed since then, and almost every Super Bowl winner has understood that and adapted, including the Ravens. Do you think Eli would be the same without Cruz? Or that Ben would have been as successful without Holmes and some of the other speed burners? I doubt it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    The exception that proves the rule. The league has changed since then, and almost every Super Bowl winner has understood that and adapted, including the Ravens. Do you think Eli would be the same without Cruz? Or that Ben would have been as successful without Holmes and some of the other speed burners? I doubt it.
    Well, Eli's first SB victory was won with Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith and David Tyree; none of which are deep/vertical/speed guys.

That wasn't that long ago.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

You don't need a top tier "elite" receiver to win a Super Bowl.

Marlon Brown

So according to you that shouldn't have been talked about? Really? LOL. That's comical.
    Please show me where I ever said we shouldn't talk about it. I'll wait.

And I'd ask you not to characterize mine or anyone else's opinions as comical. ALL opinions are welcome here.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-29-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Blog Entries

You still don't get it, do you? Talking about real problems is not panicking; it's simply paying attention. And there wasn't necessarily a problem that caused the FO to bring in Stokley and/or Clark? Now that's just ridiculous. As jsmoove pointed out, WR has been an ongoing issue/problem with the Ravens for years. It wasn't until Smith, then later Jones, that they actually had an authentic speed burner on the outside -- since the original Stokley days. That's just pitiable in this day and age. So while other areas deserve credit, WR is not one of them.
    Worth discussing sure. Acting like its a dire situation thats going to be our downfall to our playoff/SB chances? No. Thats panic.

And there WAS a problem at CB after C-Mac. It wasn't until Webb that it began to turn around. Martin, Washington, Foxworth, Rolle in his waning years. (I still remember Roethlisberger literally pointing to his WR at around the 15 yard line telling him he was going to get the ball because Rolle was playing 12 yards off the LOS, and then throwing him the ball for an easy first down in the red zone. It was embarrassing.) So according to you that shouldn't have been talked about? Really? LOL. That's comical.

And I guess all the yearly ritual criticism of Cam Cameron was just panicking too, huh? And the fact that until Cameron got canned the offense wasn't able to kick into high gear and go on to win it all? Yeah, right.
    again, discussing an issue and panicking are two different things. saying we could be better without Cameron, is a legitimate topic for discussion. saying we cannot possibly win with Cameron is something else entirely which has been proven false year after year that he was here. same with our DBs, as much as they struggled early, we still were a SB contender and they got better as the season progressed. Same thing I trust the WRs will do this year. not unlike when Torrey was a rookie and couldnt catch a cold in preseason. by week 2 or 3 he was an integral part of a near SB team (who was let down by the guy that had a great preseason). We have the history that says our coaching staff will coach whatever talent to be their best and succeed as a team.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-29-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I just want to see a dynamic passing attack, resulting in an offense that consistently scores pretty close to 28-30 points/game. Whether that includes an "elite" WR on the roster or not isn't as important to me. When you give your QB a $120 million contract, you would think that the FO would make getting him quality WRs a priority. While I don't want the Ravens to become a "pass-happy" team, I also don't think that they can be a "run-first" team with a QB making as much as Flacco is making.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 08-29-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, Eli's first SB victory was won with Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith and David Tyree; none of which are deep/vertical/speed guys.

That wasn't that long ago.
    At that time, Burress was a beast in the red zone. Just look at what happened after Burress got hurt. It took years to replace him and what he was able to produce.

As far as Toomer and Smith, they were better than Reed/Doss by a country mile. They also had Boss, who was solid at TE, and Bradshaw and Jacobs at RB. So they were solid across the board, with a world class D-Line and spotty CBs. They were also a very well coached team.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 08-29-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You don't need a top tier "elite" receiver to win a Super Bowl.
    smh...yet again a poster putting up a straw man argument. NO ONE said the receivers had to be "elite". The Ravens proved that last year. Smith is good, but not elite. Same with Boldin. Not a single Ravens receiver went to the Pro Bowl (Jones went as a ST'er). The difference between the garbage (Reed/Doss) that the Ravens put out there at the beginning of the season to replace Boldin and "elite" is so vast it doesn't even merit discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Please show me where I ever said we shouldn't talk about it. I'll wait.

And I'd ask you not to characterize mine or anyone else's opinions as comical. ALL opinions are welcome here.
    Really? So it's fine for YOU to post "LOL" comments, but not anyone else? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Worth discussing sure. Acting like its a dire situation thats going to be our downfall to our playoff/SB chances? No. Thats panic.

again, discussing an issue and panicking are two different things. saying we could be better without Cameron, is a legitimate topic for discussion. saying we cannot possibly win with Cameron is something else entirely which has been proven false year after year that he was here. same with our DBs, as much as they struggled early, we still were a SB contender and they got better as the season progressed. Same thing I trust the WRs will do this year. not unlike when Torrey was a rookie and couldnt catch a cold in preseason. by week 2 or 3 he was an integral part of a near SB team (who was let down by the guy that had a great preseason). We have the history that says our coaching staff will coach whatever talent to be their best and succeed as a team.
    And who's to decide that criteria (i.e. the difference between concern an panic)...you?

Blog Entries

And who's to decide that criteria (i.e. the difference between concern an panic)...you?
    a dictionary...

Concern: To cause anxiety or uneasiness in
    Panic: A sudden, overpowering terror, often affecting many people at once.

are you going to tell me there isnt a panic amongst the fanbase?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    a dictionary...

Concern: To cause anxiety or uneasiness in
    Panic: A sudden, overpowering terror, often affecting many people at once.

are you going to tell me there isnt a panic amongst the fanbase?
    Tha'ts exactly what I'm going to tell you. Anxiety? Absolutely. Uneasiness? Definitely. "Sudden, overpowering terror, often affecting many people at once"? No effin way. YOU are the one overreacting with terror in response to some of the appropriately critical posts regarding the WR situation. You've got it completely backwards, and are only projecting your OWN feelings.