Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Way to keep calm during a storm... I feel like this is an annual thing. Get focused on a position and lack of moves and xonsider it our downfall... Meanwhile history says somebody steps up and we prevail.
    LOL. You think you deserve brownie points for remaining "calm"? The discussions about the WRs have been, for the most part, on target, and appropriate. The reality is there was a clear cut problem; the FO moved to stop some of the bleeding with Stokley and Clark (while the "calm" people were advocating waiting until the end of the preseason cuts); the "plan" for Doss & Reed to emerge failed, but was balanced by the emergence of Brown and Mellette. And most posters were giving opinions along the way; exactly what should happen during a preseason with this many changes. And aside from one poster on the Sun board (Gordon Colston) who is turning every thread into a "WOE IS ME BOLDIN IS GONE" thread, most of the posters here have gotten over that and have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Marlon Brown has Torrey Smith's ringing endorsement. That's enough for me.
    So does Jacoby, Tandon and Deonte. I wouldn't have it any other way. Torrey will always have his teammates backs.

Way to keep calm during a storm... I feel like this is an annual thing. Get focused on a position and lack of moves and xonsider it our downfall... Meanwhile history says somebody steps up and we prevail.
    Yup. It's most definitely an annual thing on these boards.

One year it was the CB's, the next it was the LB's and now it's the WR's. Heck, there was even a time here when the backup QB situation was the cause for some to declare our downfall.

If this team didn't have a track record of success, I'd understand the level of concern.

But here we are. I get it though. People are passionate and it manifests itself in different ways. It's all good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I think they go with 7 wideouts this year. When you aren't quite happy with what you have but don't want to go out and get somebody else, you go for depth. That will at least give Harbaugh plenty to play with during the year trying to find a fit.
    I can't see them going with 7 but if they do I think it's a testament to a changing O under Caldwelll. Most likely it's 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonraven View Post
    yup. It's most definitely an annual thing on these boards.

One year it was the cb's, the next it was the lb's and now it's the wr's. Heck, there was even a time here when the backup qb situation was the cause for some to declare our downfall.

If this team didn't have a track record of success, i'd understand the level of concern.

But here we are. I get it though. People are passionate and it manifests itself in different ways. It's all good.
    curtis painter?!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Wide reciever HAS ALWAYS AND ALMOST been an area of need on this team its only been about 2yrs we have had consistency at the position with the emergence of Torrey and Boldin being here along with Derrick Mason for a season with Boldin, before then all we had was Mason and before Mason we had well no one. So WR as always been a hot topic here, now we some what back to being inconsistent but if Brown and Melette continue to step up then a this will all be a moot point come next season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    LOL. You think you deserve brownie points for remaining "calm"? The discussions about the WRs have been, for the most part, on target, and appropriate. The reality is there was a clear cut problem; the FO moved to stop some of the bleeding with Stokley and Clark (while the "calm" people were advocating waiting until the end of the preseason cuts); the "plan" for Doss & Reed to emerge failed, but was balanced by the emergence of Brown and Mellette. And most posters were giving opinions along the way; exactly what should happen during a preseason with this many changes. And aside from one poster on the Sun board (Gordon Colston) who is turning every thread into a "WOE IS ME BOLDIN IS GONE" thread, most of the posters here have gotten over that and have moved on.
    how do you know whats appropriate? youre saying its appropriate to panic because of what you saw in the preseason? or what you heard from a "opinion" in a report? the point is that what the fans think, and what the coaches think, and even reality can be 3 different things. there wasnt necessarily a problem for them to add stokely, who was said to only be brought in for a chance (not really a ringing endorsement for fixing all of our "issues"). We also went out and got Delone Carter, does that mean we have an issue at RB? they saw value and even if it was a problem, by signing stokely its addressed, right? so why is it still being talked about as our downfall? we wont know 100% until the season. its possible its an issue, but the coaches dont seem to be to worried about it. were not even passing that much in the preseason to test these guys, which to me means theyve seen enough to know what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

One year it was the CB's, the next it was the LB's and now it's the WR's. Heck, there was even a time here when the backup QB situation was the cause for some to declare our downfall.

If this team didn't have a track record of success, I'd understand the level of concern.

I get passion, but it just seems the team should have earned at least a little room for this kind of thing with their history. every year since harbs has been here theres been a "glaring hole" on this roster and yet we continue to be a SB contender year in year out despite it. In some cases, that weakness even becoming a strength, just to show how off the fan base was and coaches werent. until they prove to me that they DONT know what theyre doing, im going to continue to trust them in their decisions.
    -JAB

how do you know whats appropriate? youre saying its appropriate to panic because of what you saw in the preseason? or what you heard from a "opinion" in a report? the point is that what the fans think, and what the coaches think, and even reality can be 3 different things. there wasnt necessarily a problem for them to add stokely, who was said to only be brought in for a chance (not really a ringing endorsement for fixing all of our "issues"). We also went out and got Delone Carter, does that mean we have an issue at RB? they saw value and even if it was a problem, by signing stokely its addressed, right? so why is it still being talked about as our downfall? we wont know 100% until the season. its possible its an issue, but the coaches dont seem to be to worried about it. were not even passing that much in the preseason to test these guys, which to me means theyve seen enough to know what they have.
    You still don't get it, do you? Talking about real problems is not panicking; it's simply paying attention. And there wasn't necessarily a problem that caused the FO to bring in Stokley and/or Clark? Now that's just ridiculous. As jsmoove pointed out, WR has been an ongoing issue/problem with the Ravens for years. It wasn't until Smith, then later Jones, that they actually had an authentic speed burner on the outside -- since the original Stokley days. That's just pitiable in this day and age. So while other areas deserve credit, WR is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

And there WAS a problem at CB after C-Mac. It wasn't until Webb that it began to turn around. Martin, Washington, Foxworth, Rolle in his waning years. (I still remember Roethlisberger literally pointing to his WR at around the 15 yard line telling him he was going to get the ball because Rolle was playing 12 yards off the LOS, and then throwing him the ball for an easy first down in the red zone. It was embarrassing.) So according to you that shouldn't have been talked about? Really? LOL. That's comical.

And I guess all the yearly ritual criticism of Cam Cameron was just panicking too, huh? And the fact that until Cameron got canned the offense wasn't able to kick into high gear and go on to win it all? Yeah, right.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 08-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Wide reciever HAS ALWAYS AND ALMOST been an area of need on this team its only been about 2yrs we have had consistency at the position with the emergence of Torrey and Boldin being here along with Derrick Mason for a season with Boldin, before then all we had was Mason and before Mason we had well no one. So WR as always been a hot topic here, now we some what back to being inconsistent but if Brown and Melette continue to step up then a this will all be a moot point come next season.
    And even with Mason, he was basically a slot/possession receiver being used as a #1 wideout because the Ravens lacked a true #1 wideout. And it's no coincidence that until the Ravens got the passing game clicking with legitimate deep threats, they didn't win a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    And even with Mason, he was basically a slot/possession receiver being used as a #1 wideout because the Ravens lacked a true #1 wideout. And it's no coincidence that until the Ravens got the passing game clicking with legitimate deep threats, they didn't win a Super Bowl.
    Well, except for the one that they did win. Without any deep threats.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He did when he reaced for Boller who set us back 5 years and that's what Billick said
    even though he pushed Oz to get him. It cost us Wilfork the following year getting us
    stuck with Swan Edwards.

Stokely isn't a panic move but an anxious one.
    That's looking at it in a vacuum though. We actually wanted Leftwich. If that had happened, our QB situation would have been no better and we wouldn't have Suggs. If we stuck and got Wilfork, we probably don't have Ngata now.