Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I think this speaks more to the inadequacy of what we have here. Somehow, some way...they need to add one more legitimate NFL WR to this roster.
    Totally agree. I find it amusing that posters are arguing whether the Ravens should keep six or seven WRs on the roster this year. The Ravens don't currently have six NFL caliber WRs on the roster, much less seven. They need to add another quality WR to this group.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Totally agree. I find it amusing that posters are arguing whether the Ravens should keep six or seven WRs on the roster this year. The Ravens don't currently have six NFL caliber WRs on the roster, much less seven. They need to add another quality WR to this group.
    I don't think anyone disagrees with this assessment, but the problem then becomes #1 who, #2 at what price and #3 are they ready to deal with a newbie who doesn't know the offense and has no experience with Joe?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees with this assessment, but the problem then becomes #1 who, #2 at what price and #3 are they ready to deal with a newbie who doesn't know the offense and has no experience with Joe?
    I think the vast majority of the fan base feels this way, but were not seeing the team in panic mode. I think theyre still fine with what they have, which makes me fine with what we have.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    youre still missing a step, to keep showing it consistently. Ive read very few reports that mentioned him in TC outside him playing for a bubble spot, not a starter. The first game he played i would not call good. It wasnt bad but certainly a 2/5 where he missed some makeable catches should not be deemed good. I liked what i saw in that game but your list of the process comes down to showing consistency. He needs to show consistency still, as well as proving that knee can go for a whole year.
    I think you're being unreasonable, because there's no way for him to prove that the knee will hold up for an entire season 'now'.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think you're being unreasonable, because there's no way for him to prove that the knee will hold up for an entire season 'now'.
    Theres nothing unreasonable about wanting to know if the player is actually going to see the field or be injured/hurt. Health is one of the biggest issues, particularly with him. He may not be able to prove itll hold up an entire season, but hes already missed time due to inflammation. He keeps putting in work without it swelling, thats going toward proving it wont be an issue down the road. So far hes yet to prove that. Even if hes fine after this game its still going to be a questionable because it did two weeks ago.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think the vast majority of the fan base feels this way, but were not seeing the team in panic mode. I think theyre still fine with what they have, which makes me fine with what we have.
    I'm not saying they should go into panic mode. Let's be very clear here though. Most of the excitement about our WR's (beside Torrey and Stokley) is centered around an undrafted 2nd yr. WR (who nobody knows how hurt he is) and 2 rookies (1 drafted in the 7th round and 1 that was also undrafted).

Panic is nothing more than a feeling of anxiety and a reaction to it. So what does a panicked FO look like? How about a panicked GM alone? How do they function when "panicked"? I have no idea, but WRT optics, Ozzie gives nothing away. Nor do other top GMs like Smith, Dimitroff, Reese or Thompson. So while we didn't *see* panic, I don't think it's crazy or un-Raven-fan-like to believe that our FO was feeling it three weeks ago.

Bringing 37 year-old Stokley in here was certainly a "panic" move anyway I can objectively look at it, b/c it was a reaction to the realization of anxious situation: oh isht...we're now down to one healthy, reliable, known-entity among 12 primary pass catchers. And I don't that it's unreasonable to think that the existence of that anxiety is undeniable...unless you think/thought that the FO anticipated Pitta going down, Dickson pulling a hammy, DT getting hurt, Doss under-performing, and JJ12 ...well, being JJ12. (Ok that last one, I'm sure they saw coming).

Was Stokley the best guy on the street? Yeah, I believe he was, and I'm glad to have him. More so, I really hope that anyone under the age of 25 can take over a more permanent role for '13 and beyond...DT, Brown, Mellette, anyone.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Successful people don't panic. They analyze the situation and take appropriate action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blog Entries

One thing we have seen with this FO (especially since Jamaal Lewis went down leaving us with the Rhetts/Allens of this world) is plans and preparations.

Cost nothing to get Shancoe in for a look and he knows the system and the facility if an emergency arises.

IIRC Dallas Clark has a roster bonus of 65,000, so hasn't cost us anything yet to also take a look there.

I don't see or smell panic, I see a very methodical turning over of options, evaluating what is there.

We still have the wild ride at other's final cutdowns, and the last 2 or 3 positions are not fully safe because there could easily be a discarded vet arriving
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    One thing we have seen with this FO (especially since Jamaal Lewis went down leaving us with the Rhetts/Allens of this world) is plans and preparations.

Cost nothing to get Shancoe in for a look and he knows the system and the facility if an emergency arises.

IIRC Dallas Clark has a roster bonus of 65,000, so hasn't cost us anything yet to also take a look there.

I don't see or smell panic, I see a very methodical turning over of options, evaluating what is there.

We still have the wild ride at other's final cutdowns, and the last 2 or 3 positions are not fully safe because there could easily be a discarded vet arriving
    Very true. An individual has a choice on how to react to any situation. A panicked and anxious reaction to our pass catcher woes would have been to offer a 2nd to Arizona for Andre Roberts or something. I even think that we didn't even have to evaluate anything at all on Aug 8th/9th; our short list was already written-up.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Successful people don't panic. They analyze the situation and take appropriate action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    He did when he reaced for Boller who set us back 5 years and that's what Billick said
    even though he pushed Oz to get him. It cost us Wilfork the following year getting us
    stuck with Swan Edwards.

Stokely isn't a panic move but an anxious one.

So until we sink or swim at WR position, every thread about an individual WR will morph into another "We Need / Don't Need Another WR" debate?

Just want to know so I can pour a glass of wine and watch it all unfold. :D