Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You don't need a top tier "elite" receiver to win a Super Bowl.
    That was proven last year. Ravens did not have a top 10 receiver or elite TE. Pitta is top 10 but not elite. I thought he would get his name into the discussion this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Tha'ts exactly what I'm saying -- at least on this board. Anxiety? Absolutely. Uneasiness? Definitely. "Sudden, overpowering terror, often affecting many people at once"? No effin way. YOU are the one overreacting with terror to some of the critical posts regarding the WR situation. You've got it completely backwards, and are only projecting your OWN feelings.
    so im in an overpowering terror that were going to be fine at WR and most of the people feel the same way on this board?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    a dictionary...

Concern: To cause anxiety or uneasiness in
    Panic: A sudden, overpowering terror, often affecting many people at once.

are you going to tell me there isnt a panic amongst the fanbase?
    Concern: I'll be very disappointed if we don't make a move to add another legitimate NFL WR to this roster.

Panic: Holy crap! All our hopes rest on an undrafted rookie who's recovering from a torn ACL! Our team is a freakin' trainwreck!!!

so im in an overpowering terror that were going to be fine at WR and most of the people feel the same way on this board?
    :grbac:

You're overreacting to legitimate criticism of the WR position and turning it into something it's clearly not. So, for example, I challenge you to find ONE POST that states that because of the WR situation as it currently stands, the Ravens won't make it into the post season. You can't even find ONE. So your claim that all these posters are pushing the panic button is unfounded to the max.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Concern: I'll be very disappointed if we don't make a move to add another legitimate NFL WR to this roster.

Panic: Holy crap! All our hopes rest on an undrafted rookie who's recovering from a torn ACL! Our team is a freakin' trainwreck!!!
    I think limiting it to one WR as our only hope is the point i feel is panic.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

:grbac:

You're overreacting to legitimate criticism of the WR position and turning it into something it's clearly not.
    maybe in your opinion, but when you see comments that outside Torrey we dont have a legitimate NFL WR on the roster, that seems to be crossing the threshold from concern to panic in mine.
    -JAB

maybe in your opinion, but when you see comments that outside Torrey we dont have a legitimate NFL WR on the roster, that seems to be crossing the threshold from concern to panic in mine.
    Well then...how about this? Outside of Smith and Stokley, the Ravens do not have a legitimate, every down proven WR on the roster, but they do have some reason for hope in Brown, Mellette, and Jones as a speed threat on the outside. (And from what I'VE read on this board, THAT'S the general gist of what MOST posters are saying.)

(And again...you state my position is "my opinion", but think that somehow, YOUR opinion is more valid, despite the fact that you can't even find ONE POST to support your claim that the fanbase is in panic mode. Hence...not to beat a dead horse...not only don't you get the argument, you don't get your total lack of objectivity in the discussion.)

I think limiting it to one WR as our only hope is the point i feel is panic.
    Absolutely. Brown just happens to be the one that's trending up right now. Point me to the threads about Jones, Doss, Thompson and Mellette and I'll voice the same concerns (or panic depending how one may look at it).

Blog Entries

Well then...how about this? Outside of Smith and Stokley, the Ravens do not have a legitimate, every down proven WR on the roster, but they do have some reason for hope in Brown, Mellette, and Jones as a speed threat on the outside. (And from what I'VE read on this board, THAT'S the general gist of what MOST posters are saying.)

(And again...you state my position is "my opinion", but think that somehow, YOUR opinion is more valid, despite the fact that you can't even find ONE POST to support your claim that the fanbase is in panic mode. Hence...not to beat a dead horse...not only don't you get the argument, you don't get your total lack of objectivity in the discussion.)
    you singled me out for saying that the fan base is making a bigger issue out of the WR position than the coaching staff. than proceeded to tell me im wrong for 3 pages, and im the one thats saying my opinion is more important?

The one post youre looking for is the whole front page of this forum. That General gist you speak of, also has been attached with "to the detriment of our season" often as well. Saying we cant rely on young unproven WRs, when we have, successfully just 2 years ago seems odd to me. thats my opinion, im certainly not saying its better than anybody else, but its mine which i clearly stated as my own.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

you singled me out for saying that the fan base is making a bigger issue out of the WR position than the coaching staff. than proceeded to tell me im wrong for 3 pages, and im the one thats saying my opinion is more important?

The one post youre looking for is the whole front page of this forum. That General gist you speak of, also has been attached with "to the detriment of our season" often as well. Saying we cant rely on young unproven WRs, when we have, successfully just 2 years ago seems odd to me. thats my opinion, im certainly not saying its better than anybody else, but its mine which i clearly stated as my own.
    Doesn't everyone think their opinion is better than everyone else's? IT is their opinion after all.

I mean, who walks around going "my opinion stinks like shit, and that guys opinion makes more sense, but I still like mine better".

I don't know, just odd thing to argue over, but the poster you're quoting seems to get caught on in those quite often.

I'll take our wide receivers over New England's every day of the week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    I'll take our wide receivers over New England's every day of the week.
    Their WR's are irrelevant because they have Brady and a good o-line. Did you not get the memo?