Page 1 of 35 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

iggyman555 Guest

Marlon Brown

it looks like he has "IT" which no other receiver besides Torrey possesses...where do you think he is going to be on the depth chart? is he going to run with the 1s in practice? any chance he starts as a wr2/wr3?

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 6m

John harbaugh on marlon brown 'we really liked him from the beginning'

Re: Marlon Brown

I am guessing that he and Jones will split snaps at WR. Brown is probably not ready mentally to be a full time starter. Jones has limitations along with his special teams duties.

Blog Entries

I think he makes the 53 man roster. The only stopping him from being ahead of Jones is experience, IMO.

Blog Entries

He was a stud in HS and a top recruit. Injuries at GA hurt his production

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'd like see him, Mallette, Stokely, J Jones, T Smith, and a ham sandwich make the roster.

Whats the status on Deonte?

Blog Entries

He could be as high as our 4th best WR. Depends on how loyal they are going to be with Doss/LaQuan. I don't know what else he can do on ST's, etc. Could still come down to that. In all likelihood he goes to the PS. I say this because he's this year's "guy who looks good in preseason but the team ends up favoring some other guy for whatever reason" guy. Surely needs some more seasoning, and if Stokely can run the "move the chains" routes for us then our top 3 is set, so depth is more about versatility. Brown looks a little small to do much on ST's, but what do I know? I like him too, and right now like him more than Doss.

Of course, wait till next week when Brown is the one not making the hot read and running Joe into a pick-6, and Doss reels in a TD. It'll probably happen like that at some stage so... shit's gonna happen. At some point we need to break in some WRs unless we plan to keep renting vets forever.

For now let's just pray Stokely picks up the playbook like a maniac and we don't have to deal too much with "who's the #4 WR"?

8. Re: Marlon Brown

I hope we keep him over that bum Tandon Doss

Brown & Stokely were two of the positives from tonight's game. Brown just seams like a playmaker. I think he makes the team if he turns in another solid performance next week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    He could be as high as our 4th best WR. Depends on how loyal they are going to be with Doss/LaQuan. I don't know what else he can do on ST's, etc. Could still come down to that. In all likelihood he goes to the PS. I say this because he's this year's "guy who looks good in preseason but the team ends up favoring some other guy for whatever reason" guy. Surely needs some more seasoning, and if Stokely can run the "move the chains" routes for us then our top 3 is set, so depth is more about versatility. Brown looks a little small to do much on ST's, but what do I know? I like him too, and right now like him more than Doss.

Of course, wait till next week when Brown is the one not making the hot read and running Joe into a pick-6, and Doss reels in a TD. It'll probably happen like that at some stage so... shit's gonna happen. At some point we need to break in some WRs unless we plan to keep renting vets forever.

For now let's just pray Stokely picks up the playbook like a maniac and we don't have to deal too much with "who's the #4 WR"?
    No. I don't think this way of looking at it is fair. Brown has been looking great all preseason, while Doss has looked terrible.

And as far as versatility, Brown has been playing better on special teams than Doss. He had a huge block on Asa Jackson's touchdown return.

Also, it's important to note that each one of Brown's touchdowns were on different type routes.

Feels like Marlon Brown played his way onto the team this year with his performance tonight. I hope they continue to give him chances into the regular season.

And I think it's time to send Doss on his way.

Blog Entries

Brown has great size and speed combo, hopefully he stays healthy. He has good instincts also. Stokely Still quick, shifty with a nose for the chains. Doss is gone. Not a good athelete and lacks focus.