Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

Re: Marlon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    were probably looking at the same website as i believe its the only one that has his 40 time posted is nfldraftscout, which even ill admit isnt always the most accurate, as i think some of their information comes from the colleges themselves. So a low of 4.52 is good, average of 4.6 is decent. My point being I dont think that labels him a burner as many were talking about how fast he is. 4.6 at his height is still plenty good enough and straight line speed isnt as important as quickness/burst which is where i feel hes actually been surprisingly good for his size.

FTR Marlon has not run a 40 after his injury to my knowledge. he has DNP listed by his name at Georgia's proday and i dont believe he was invited to the combine and if he was he didnt partake in any drills. which is also why i believe that 40 info had to have come from his college.
    Yes that is the site I'm reading from. But I didn't know that he didn't do the 40 after his injury occurred. I've just read from other people saying that his 40 time could've been higher if he didn't do the 40 after being injured.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    Haha! I've been a fan of Brown since he came to the team and was producing during training camp. I thought to myself that he had all the tools to make it big time in the NFL, and that he came from an SEC school. I remember reading reports where he was outshining the rest of the players he was practicing with during training camp, and immediately started trying to read all the reports I could find of him. Then preseason hit, and he stars. Hopefully he can carry that through the entire season, and ultimately, his entire career, which hopefully is spent with us.
    He's going to have growing pains and that's part of the process but if the team commits to him and has some patience he could be a real solid addition for years

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yes that is the site I'm reading from. But I didn't know that he didn't do the 40 after his injury occurred. I've just read from other people saying that his 40 time could've been higher if he didn't do the 40 after being injured.
    fair enough, im just not seeing any official 40 times from the combine or proday.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

fair enough, im just not seeing any official 40 times from the combine or proday.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Just to make myself clear here, I'm not disagreeing with you about him running the 40 time after/before injury. I'm just saying what I've heard from other people. You may be right, and you likely are. I'm just doing some reporting lol. But anyways, as I said before, the 40 time doesn't matter that much at all. It's everything else that a receiver does that makes or breaks him.

Blog Entries

Just so you guys know NFL Draft Scout estimates their 40 times. It is t based on any documented timing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just so you guys know NFL Draft Scout estimates their 40 times. It is t based on any documented timing.
    Thats what i felt but never fully looked into. Thanks for the info. Guess we have no clue what he runs.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Looks like Marlon made the team according to the Ravens site - Mellete too.

Rookie wide receivers Aaaron Mellette and Marlon Brown, a seventh-round pick and undrafted player, respectively, outshined Doss on the field. They each caught two touchdown passes over the course of the preseason, and appear to have both made the 53-man roster.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...3-40ea105054d7

Marlon Brown was the lone bright spot of our entire team last night. Give this kid some props. His first pro game, and he did well with his opportunities, looking every bit the guy who we thought he would be come regular season time. Give this kid some more opportunities, Oz. Not like you have much of a choice anyways, the way our entire team played last night.

Blog Entries

Oz's role is done with Brown. It's up to Harbaugh whether he plays or not. Given the fact that JJ could be out for a while we're probably going to continue to see Marlon Brown out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Oz's role is done with Brown. It's up to Harbaugh whether he plays or not. Given the fact that JJ could be out for a while we're probably going to continue to see Marlon Brown out there.
    Sucks for JJ, but didn't an injury sideline Lee Evans during Torrey's rookie year, allowing Smith to break out?? Eerily similar, although JJ will hopefully not be out for that many games. All I know is, right before Brown's first catch, they showed Oz with a look on his face like he was saying, "get Brown the ball and see what he can do with it". And Brown came up with a diving catch for a first down. Huh... what a concept.. .catching the ball!

Blog Entries

I hope this coaching staff put in the young guys its time Furst and 10 gets called in because clark and dickson are fuckin terrible.