iggyman555 Guest

Re: Game Thread: Preseason Week 3 Panthers vs Ravens

hanie, caleb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Your responses make zero sense. Two totally different situations
    Not really.

The Ravens parted ways with Mason and Heap in lieu of a younger, less experienced receiving unit.

It is almost entirely the same except Doss has nowhere near the production that Mason or Heap had. Doss has been outplayed by UDFAs, 37 year olds who were on the couch 2 weeks ago and a draft pick from a D2 school.

The point is that if they feel that the younger guys will give equal or better production with more upside, they'll opt for the youth over someone with experience.

And Doss' level of "experience" isn't really what I would call extensive...

It's not like we're talking about a guy who had 1,000 yards last season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m

Tyrod Taylor is being evaluated for a possible concussion
    Standard procedure for a QB who takes a head shot like that. When the Browns tried to ignore Colt McCoy's head injury a couple years ago his family nearly sued them and the league. Ever since then the rule is when a concussion is even possible, you test for it before you let the guy back out there. In a real game, they'd be rushing this to get Tyrod back out there ASAP, tonight they'll just let the third string guy play out the string.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Featherman View Post
    Damn, needed that stop there.
    They probably need to evaluate some defensive players anyway.

I apologize if this has been brought up in this thread or another but why hasn't LaQuan Williams been getting a better look for the 3rd receiver spot? Has he been that bad in practice? The times I've seen him in games (the 1st preseason game and his time @ WR the year before last) he's looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not trying to give you (or anyone for that matter) a hard time, but if I make an overreaction post I totally expect to get flamed for it. I guess I am just so used to the fly by night posters who only come out on game day and post Negative Nancy rumblings whenever the Ravens aren't playing up to snuff. That is what that particular poster's intent seemed to be from my perspective.
    Fair enough - and I get that too (the fly by night posters comment). But there has to be a balance. I guess it's whether we;re seeing something simply as complaining for the sake of it, or if they have a valid point for doing so.

IMO, I felt there is, but certainly not to the point of throwing the towel in or anything.

Anyway, it seems what I thought from previous weeks is true - timing and chemistry is a big issue for the first team offense. And we're certainly seeing the result of the offseason for both sides of the ball (losing our targets in Bolding and Pitta) and the addition of those defensive players. Basically, really good on one side, and a 'wait and see' (at best, imo) for the other. At least thus far. Who knows, this may all be a rope-a-dope. ;)

ALso, how did that kick to McLellan go down? Was it completely unprovoked or what?
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Standard procedure for a QB who takes a head shot like that. When the Browns tried to ignore Colt McCoy's head injury a couple years ago his family nearly sued them and the league. Ever since then the rule is when a concussion is even possible, you test for it before you let the guy back out there. In a real game, they'd be rushing this to get Tyrod back out there ASAP, tonight they'll just let the third string guy play out the string.
    It's definitely prudent to give him a concussion exam. Hopefully he didn't get one and is fine.

TE battle:

Shiancoe helped himself
    Clark isn't on the same page as Flacco
    Furstenberg didn't do anything to make himself stand out

Of course, I don't see the film, so maybe the coaches are looking for something fans don't see.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Doss? No. He has been active on game day for too many games.
    Gotcha didn't know if that had a factor or not. Thanks for clearing that up

Blog Entries

Running away from John Simon's side.

That is a good thing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Ok that about does it, pretty good practice for us, just need to cut down on the big screwups, and then force some ourselves (with this defensive unit that should be doable).

Also: looks like no major injuries. so there's that. I hope Captain Munnerlyn's wrist is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not really.

The Ravens parted ways with Mason and Heap in lieu of a younger, less experienced receiving unit.

It is almost entirely the same except Doss has nowhere near the production that Mason or Heap had. Doss has been outplayed by UDFAs, 37 year olds who were on the couch 2 weeks ago and a draft pick from a D2 school.

The point is that if they feel that the younger guys will give equal or better production with more upside, they'll opt for the youth over someone with experience.

And Doss' level of "experience" isn't really what I would call extensive...

It's not like we're talking about a guy who had 1,000 yards last season.
    Have you ever heard of the Salary Cap? Heap and Mason were cap casualties. If their cap status was the same as Doss they would have remained on the team. Doss makes the team unless another vet is brought in