Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

It's becoming silly to argue at this point. You see what you want to see. Twist how you want to twist.

If the goal is equality and fairness, the issue should not be the "us vs. them" game that you seem to want to make it.

If you see a "them" and truly wish for a resolution, you must first empathize to understand their position and move from there.

That does not seem to interest you though. So I concede. You're "right" and there is no changing that.

Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    It's becoming silly to argue at this point. You see what you want to see. Twist how you want to twist.
    It is silly to stick to an argument that cannot stand up to scrutiny or counter-argument, I agree.

As for what I see, I see someone unable or unwilling to defend themselves.

As for what I am "twisting," I don't see anything. Certainly not anything you have pointed out.

My points speak for themselves, as does your inability to address them.

If the goal is equality and fairness, the issue should not be the "us vs. them" game that you seem to want to make it.
    Are you being serious here? Because the irony is beyond precious!

The goal is equality and fairness. The "us vs. them" is entirely propagated by the people I am calling out and you are defending (actively to some degree but more so by failing to call them out). These same people do NOT treat people equally in terms of their reactions, and THAT is not fair. That you, at this stage in the argument, do not even recognize this (the whole point of the argument) does not bode well for prospects of a meaningful discussion.

I don't want to make anything other than a situation where people do not distort the truth and lie about reality in order to stoke the otherwise-would-be-diminishing flames of racial conflict. Get that straight and stop insinuating otherwise without any evidence to the contrary.

If you see a "them" and truly wish for a resolution, you must first empathize to understand their position and move from there.
    Another cop out. When the "them" I am seeing are race-baiting scoundrels who intentionally incite a segment of the population in a patently despicable and hypocritical fashion, I will point it out. In fact, any legitimate and lasting resolution requires that this nonsense be pointed out and exposed for what it is. Without such exposure there will never be any resolution.

And I understand their position perfectly well, but thanks. I understand their motives as well. I also understand that their position is indefensible and exacerbates the problem they pretend to want to solve (as I have explained). There is nothing to "empathize" with that would make falsely accusing people of racism where no racism exists a sensible response. Likewise, no amount of empathy justifies the desire to falsely imprison someone without due process just because of the color of their skin.

That does not seem to interest you though. So I concede. You're "right" and there is no changing that.
    Spare me the empty sanctimony please.

Either defend your points or stop posting. It looks like you are choosing the latter. Fair enough.

It has nothing to do with me at all. It has to do with the arguments being made. There certainly is no changing the "rightness" of any argument without remotely addressing it, that is for sure.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 10-19-2013 at 09:08 PM.