Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane



    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Because it is petty.
    It is only petty to people who miss the point. But I repeat myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

    As HoustonRaven all but acknowledged it could be reasonably perceived when it he prefaced his original post by saying he's not one for "tit-for-tat racial scorecards."
    This isn't a tit-for-tat racial scorecard. This is a near perfect encapsulation of the problem at hand, due to the temporal proximity of the cases, the diametrically opposed facts and reactions, and utterly undeniable hypocrisy. Scorecards are subjective and debatable, this issue (these cases) is not. The fact that the Lane murder was effectively spurred into being by the hypocritical hucksters makes the issue that much more important (i.e. the hypocrisy is not harmless).

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

    When did I say that the practice is not hypocritical? Cool it with your straw man.
    You are excusing the hypocrisy by saying it is a sensible position. Please make an attempt to follow the arguments before telling me to cool it.

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    In my very first post in this (petty) thread I said the practice is not fair. I do, however, see how it makes sense, and I will continue to say this. Anyone with a mind for understanding history and practices of oppression and discrimination will understand that it does.
    Repeating your already addressed arguments instead of making counter-arguments is a waste of time. Suffice it to say it doesn't make 'sense' in any real use of the word. And as such it should be called out (for not making sense), so it is stopped before more harm is done. Apologizing for it (by saying it is sensible) and excusing it (for being sensible) is precisely the wrong response if one is interested in peaceful race relations.

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    And before you "chime in" with an inane point along these lines: Yes, it can make sense for hypocritical things to happen.
    Telling me it makes sense that humans are often hypocrites (in attempts to advance their own cause) is totally different from your original post where you argued the sensibility of the hypocritical position itself. I realize why you tried to move the goalposts, there was nothing left for you to do apparently, but I am not sure why you believed I wouldn't notice.

    Simply put, had you said "it makes sense considering the people doing this have an agenda separate from relating the truth," then we aren't arguing. Because that "makes sense."
    Last edited by Haloti92; 08-30-2013 at 11:22 PM.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,875
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Your rant was too ranty for me to actually know what you were talking about here.

    I don't even know what "case" you're referring to.
    He is ranting about the "race" industry.

    People like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and even those in political offices have used and continue to use race as a backbone for political and monetary gain.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Your rant was too ranty for me to actually know what you were talking about here.

    I don't even know what "case" you're referring to.
    The Martin/Zimmerman case, and I think that was clear. And it was what the opening post and thread are about in comparison to the latest rash of senseless killings that the POTUS has decided do not merit his attention.

    And this isn't about some scorecard, it is about hypocrisy.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    It is only petty to people who miss the point. But I repeat myself.



    This isn't a tit-for-tat racial scorecard. This is a near perfect encapsulation of the problem at hand, due to the temporal proximity of the cases, the diametrically opposed facts and reactions, and utterly undeniable hypocrisy. Scorecards are subjective and debatable, this issue (these cases) is not. The fact that the Lane murder was effectively spurred into being by the hypocritical hucksters makes the issue that much more important (i.e. the hypocrisy is not harmless).



    You are excusing the hypocrisy by saying it is a sensible position. Please make an attempt to follow the arguments before telling me to cool it.



    Repeating your already addressed arguments instead of making counter-arguments is a waste of time. Suffice it to say it doesn't make 'sense' in any real use of the word. And as such it should be called out (for not making sense), so it is stopped before more harm is done. Apologizing for it (by saying it is sensible) and excusing it (for being sensible) is precisely the wrong response if one is interested in peaceful race relations.



    Telling me it makes sense that humans are often hypocrites (in attempts to advance their own cause) is totally different from your original post where you argued the sensibility of the hypocritical position itself. I realize why you tried to move the goalposts, there was nothing left for you to do apparently, but I am not sure why you believed I wouldn't notice.

    Simply put, had you said "it makes sense considering the people doing this have an agenda separate from relating the truth," then we aren't arguing. Because that "makes sense."
    Months late, but finally reading.





  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,510

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Months late, but finally reading.

    Sooooo, months later, you're saying you have no cogent, reasoned rebuttal to him.

    Got it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sooooo, months later, you're saying you have no cogent, reasoned rebuttal to him.

    Got it.
    No.

    Months later, I'm saying his points are not worth responding to, because they are pathetic.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,510

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    No.

    Months later, I'm saying his points are not worth responding to, because they are pathetic.
    Ad hominem attacks mean his points are valid and you've got nothing left in the tank.

    Got that too.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ad hominem attacks mean his points are valid and you've got nothing left in the tank.

    Got that too.
    You might want to learn what the phrase "ad hominem" means before you try to use it.

    It means to attack the individual.

    I did not attack the individual. I attacked what he said. What he said was pathetic.

    I have plenty "left in the tank." Because I am not the least bit impressed by what Haloti92 said and am not the least bit fazed by your terse snark.

    If I felt like it, I'd dissect the nonsense Haloti92 spewed point by point. However, I'm not so inclined, because frankly I doubt his ability (and now yours) to be intellectually honest.

    Hope ya "got that too."




  9. #24

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    LOL

    The wait-6-weeks-and-come-back-with-"derrp, pathetic, derrp" strategy.

    Well played!




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,510

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    LOL

    The wait-6-weeks-and-come-back-with-"derrp, pathetic, derrp" strategy.

    Well played!
    Right?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    LOL

    The wait-6-weeks-and-come-back-with-"derrp, pathetic, derrp" strategy.

    Well played!
    Derp? I'm not going to bother responding to your diatribe when you either strongly misunderstood my original points, warped them by accident, warped them on purpose, or did some combination of all three. Not worth it. At all.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Right?
    This place is such an echo chamber. Kinda sad.




  13. #28

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Derp? I'm not going to bother responding to your diatribe when you either strongly misunderstood my original points, warped them by accident, warped them on purpose, or did some combination of all three. Not worth it. At all.
    I addressed them completely. And yes, you're prone to "derrp" posts that contain no argument or substance.

    For example:

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Months late, but finally reading.

    and

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    No.

    Months later, I'm saying his points are not worth responding to, because they are pathetic.
    Now do you have anything relevant to say after taking 6 weeks to think it over? If not, I am wondering why you revived the thread.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Now do you have anything relevant to say after taking 6 weeks to think it over? If not, I am wondering why you revived the thread.
    Just to come back and tell you that your post aren't worth responding to. You know, cause they make sense and all.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,510

    If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Derp? I'm not going to bother responding to your diatribe when you either strongly misunderstood my original points, warped them by accident, warped them on purpose, or did some combination of all three. Not worth it. At all.
    Fallacy of relative privation.

    That's what's truly sad. But rather funny since you keep coming back to tell us it isn't worth it.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-18-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland