Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane



    While I am not a fan of tit-for-tat racial score cards, I am concerned about the hypocrisy that surrounds race in the media and politics.

    So there's not one shred of evidence that Zimmerman shot Trayvon out of racial prejudice yet a white guy is gunned down and we know one of the killers hated white people and .... crickets .... from the President? The media?

    Thank God though The great Reverend is outraged ... err ... stunned (?) ... by what happened. His words about this senseless and racially motivated killing?

    Rev Jesse Jackson Sr @RevJJackson

    Praying for the family of Chris Lane. This senseless violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail.
    Frowned Upon? Wearing white socks with black pants is frowned upon. Gees.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    100% Agree I saw this on a comment section of a article

    Jackson's Language on Trayvon Martin:

    Jackson called Trayvon a "martyr" and said "martyrs have powers" and "He represents all of us"

    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UhT9_hawtR4

    Jackson said Florida is the "selma of our time" and "apartheid state"
    http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22...artin-comments

    Jackson: "We need a national investigation of the racial context that led to Trayvon Martin’s slaying. Congress must act. And it’s time to call on the United Nations Human Rights Commission for an in-depth investigation of whether the U.S. is upholding its obligations under international human rights laws and treaties. Trayvon Martin’s death demands much more than a jury’s verdict on George Zimmerman."

    http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson...ins-death.html

    On White Australian murdered by three black teens for no reason:
    "This senseless violence if frowned upon"
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #3

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So there's not one shred of evidence that Zimmerman shot Trayvon out of racial prejudice yet a white guy is gunned down and we know one of the killers hated white people and .... crickets .... from the President? The media?
    Certainly a tragedy.

    The police are reporting this was a "thrill killing", done out of "boredom". But I wonder if there is more to the story? I certainly find it disconcerting that when the police were told about the social media postings of one these "bored" teenagers that referenced "hating white people", he claimed to not to have known anything about them. These postings also reportedly showed pictures of thousands of dollars of cash.

    Say what? I would think in today's age, you would want to review a suspect's social media postings just as much as you would want to search his car or house for more evidence of the crime, or other crimes, as well as evidence of motive and intent.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    But I wonder if there is more to the story?.
    There is. Like racists tweets by one of the murderers prior to the murder:

    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...-1226700172461
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    I thought it could also be gang initiation, it may have well been.

    http://www.smh.com.au/world/chris-la...822-2sdud.html
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I thought it could also be gang initiation, it may have well been.

    http://www.smh.com.au/world/chris-la...822-2sdud.html
    I think is most likely both.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think is most likely both.
    Wouldn't surprise at all.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think is most likely both.
    Police disagree with you.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    When you live in a country that has a centuries-long history of Race X oppressing/killing Race Y, yes, when a member of Race X kills Race Y in an era when everyone is hoping that kind of stuff no longer happens, it's going to make more news than when a member of Race Y (which historically did the suffering) kills a member of Race X.

    Not saying it's fair, but I'm saying it makes sense. This thread is petty.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    When you live in a country that has a centuries-long history of Race X oppressing/killing Race Y, yes, when a member of Race X kills Race Y in an era when everyone is hoping that kind of stuff no longer happens, it's going to make more news than when a member of Race Y (which historically did the suffering) kills a member of Race X.

    Not saying it's fair, but I'm saying it makes sense. This thread is petty.
    I'm sorry, but it stopped making sense some time ago. The odds are some time, some where a white guy will kill a black guy. And the fact is this case was examined more than a cancer survivor during a colonoscopy looking for race motivations and NONE WERE FOUND!

    This was NEVER about race, at least the actual case wasn't. First off, there was no white guy involved. That seems kind of important. Second, race played no part according to all of the numerous investigations.

    The race hustlers and scum bags that push down the blacks (yes, THEY push down the blacks) for their own cash benefit are the ones that need to be called out and forever ignored thereafter. I am talking about you, Sharpton*.

    *Dude looks like some kind of Lizard Alien with that big head and minuscule body of his.




  11. #11

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    When you live in a country that has a centuries-long history of Race X oppressing/killing Race Y, yes, when a member of Race X kills Race Y in an era when everyone is hoping that kind of stuff no longer happens, it's going to make more news than when a member of Race Y (which historically did the suffering) kills a member of Race X.

    Not saying it's fair, but I'm saying it makes sense. This thread is petty.
    No, it makes no 'sense.' If Race X person kills Race Y person because of their race, then maybe you would have a point. Maybe. It would be debatable.

    But when a half Race X person kills Race Y person because Race Y person is attacking him, with absolutely no racial component to the killing at all. Then no, your answer does not fly. And Emmett Till comparisons are wrong in every way.

    The true explanation for this kind of thing is that there are despicable people who prefer to stir up racial animosity for political purposes (and in the case of some of the worst hucksters, for personal/professional as well as political reasons).




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm sorry, but it stopped making sense some time ago. The odds are some time, some where a white guy will kill a black guy. And the fact is this case was examined more than a cancer survivor during a colonoscopy looking for race motivations and NONE WERE FOUND!

    This was NEVER about race, at least the actual case wasn't. First off, there was no white guy involved. That seems kind of important. Second, race played no part according to all of the numerous investigations.

    The race hustlers and scum bags that push down the blacks (yes, THEY push down the blacks) for their own cash benefit are the ones that need to be called out and forever ignored thereafter. I am talking about you, Sharpton*.

    *Dude looks like some kind of Lizard Alien with that big head and minuscule body of his.
    Your rant was too ranty for me to actually know what you were talking about here.

    I don't even know what "case" you're referring to.




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    No, it makes no 'sense.' If Race X person kills Race Y person because of their race, then maybe you would have a point. Maybe. It would be debatable.

    But when a half Race X person kills Race Y person because Race Y person is attacking him, with absolutely no racial component to the killing at all. Then no, your answer does not fly. And Emmett Till comparisons are wrong in every way.

    The true explanation for this kind of thing is that there are despicable people who prefer to stir up racial animosity for political purposes (and in the case of some of the worst hucksters, for personal/professional as well as political reasons).
    You got bogged down by trying to make this specifically relate to the case of Trayvon Martin. Even if you go the route of wondering how a man who is half-Race X/half-Race Z (Zimmerman's half-white, half-Hispanic), we both just agreed there may be "a point" to wondering about historicity/context when a member of Race X (which historically oppressed Race Y) kills a member of Race Y.

    All your other references to Till and racial hucksters were not part of my original argument. And it's distracting for you to bring them up because I actually do agree with you that there are important differences between the Martin and Till cases and that far too often the media makes an event about race, which is a low-hanging fruit that sells papers.




  14. #14

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    You got bogged down by trying to make this specifically relate to the case of Trayvon Martin. Even if you go the route of wondering how a man who is half-Race X/half-Race Z (Zimmerman's half-white, half-Hispanic), we both just agreed there may be "a point" to wondering about historicity/context when a member of Race X (which historically oppressed Race Y) kills a member of Race Y.

    All your other references to Till and racial hucksters were not part of my original argument. And it's distracting for you to bring them up because I actually do agree with you that there are important differences between the Martin and Till cases and that far too often the media makes an event about race, which is a low-hanging fruit that sells papers.
    I didn't get bogged down at all. You just missed the point. You chimed in with the completely unsupported claim the thread was petty. Then proceeded to say that the hypocrisy being pointed to makes sense due to history. When I responded, you then mistakenly concluded we agreed on something. But you missed the crucial qualifier in my statement "because of race." We do not possibly agree unless that phrase is true, and in 2013 it is almost never true. Not with Martin, or 99% of the other cases onto which the hucksters and their enabling media alight.

    Your point is only possibly meaningful to the extent Race X kills Race Y because of Race Y's race. Period. And when I said "maybe," it is because that if it becomes apparent that Race Y is now killing Race X because of race far more than the reverse, then the past history becomes less relevant/important than the current problem (because we don't have time machines).

    And in terms of this thread and its "pettiness" you also missed the point. Which is that when the hucksters go unchallenged (i.e. when people blithely say "what do you expect considering past history?") and continue to inflame useful idiots with their hypocritical fabricated screeds concerning race and racism, they create murders like the Lane murder.

    These thugs were running around knocking out and eventually killing white people because they falsely believed there was some kind of racial injustice done to Trayvon Martin. Lane was killed because of his race. The thugs were racists, and they were created and nurtured by the hucksters, the enablers, and the apologists.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 08-30-2013 at 07:04 PM.




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: If I Had a Son, He'd Look Like Chris Lane

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    You chimed in with the completely unsupported claim the thread was petty.
    Because it is petty.

    As HoustonRaven all but acknowledged it could be reasonably perceived when it he prefaced his original post by saying he's not one for "tit-for-tat racial scorecards."

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Then proceeded to say that the hypocrisy being pointed to makes sense due to history.
    When did I say that the practice is not hypocritical? Cool it with your straw man.

    In my very first post in this (petty) thread I said the practice is not fair. I do, however, see how it makes sense, and I will continue to say this. Anyone with a mind for understanding history and practices of oppression and discrimination will understand that it does.

    And before you "chime in" with an inane point along these lines: Yes, it can make sense for hypocritical things to happen.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland