Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

O's...not this year...

Maybe I am wrong...I hope I am wrong...but it doesn't seem like the Orioles year.

Last night, the Orioles get 15 hits, but only 3 runs and lose.
    Tonight, the Rays get 15 hits, and 7 runs, and are on their way to their 8th win out of their last nine games.

The Orioles look like a team just playing out the string now. I believe they are under .500 for the all-star break and are in danger of dropping into 4th place.

Prove me wrong Orioles...but they look like a beaten team.

Re: O's...not this year...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Maybe I am wrong...I hope I am wrong...but it doesn't seem like the Orioles year.

Last night, the Orioles get 15 hits, but only 3 runs and lose.
    Tonight, the Rays get 15 hits, and 7 runs, and are on their way to their 8th win out of their last nine games.

The Orioles look like a team just playing out the string now. I believe they are under .500 for the all-star break and are in danger of dropping into 4th place.

Prove me wrong Orioles...but they look like a beaten team.
    I couldn't agree with you anymore then I already do.
    Game 1 of the series they had a runner on third with less then two outs in 4 straight innings and couldn't get the run in. Pretty f'n pathetic if you ask me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well...it may not be their year, but at least they are not boring...gotta give them that...holy cow, what a way to end a game!!!

Well...it may not be their year, but at least they are not boring...gotta give them that...holy cow, what a way to end a game!!!
    Weiters has a cannon!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Weiters has a cannon!
    Yes he does, but I thought the catch and tag by Hardy was the most impressive part of that play.

Yes he does, but I thought the catch and tag by Hardy was the most impressive part of that play.
    I did too actually. Hardy made a hell of a scoop to tag.
    This team really needs to storm through Oak and Bos coming up.

Took in a game for the first time in a couple of months.

Absolutely beautiful day. And a very tense pitching duel (which are the kind of games I favor as opposed to the "win every inning!!" softball games).

Anyway, I told my wife that if you were just a baseball fan attending yesterday game (ie, not an Orioles fan), you probably came away thinking that it was a good-to-great game. As an Oriole fan, it was torturous. What an unbelievable waste of a starting pitching performance.

Time is rapidly running out on this year's local nine.

Took in a game for the first time in a couple of months.

Absolutely beautiful day. And a very tense pitching duel (which are the kind of games I favor as opposed to the "win every inning!!" softball games).

Anyway, I told my wife that if you were just a baseball fan attending yesterday game (ie, not an Orioles fan), you probably came away thinking that it was a good-to-great game. As an Oriole fan, it was torturous. What an unbelievable waste of a starting pitching performance.

Time is rapidly running out on this year's local nine.
    Tillman gets shafted again. I agree awesome baseball game but shitty fot us O's fans. We gotta figure something out quickly or we are up shits creek. Today would be a nice win.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Tillman gets shafted again. I agree awesome baseball game but shitty fot us O's fans. We gotta figure something out quickly or we are up shits creek. Today would be a nice win.
    And it was. Taking 2 out of 3 from teams they are competing with for a playoff spot is good, and it is the minimum requirement to stay in hunt...but they really need that which they have not had yet (and seemingly every other team in the race has): A real solid winning streak. 7 or 8 straight. 9 out of 10. 17 out of 20.

10. Re: O's...not this year...

It is definitely over now. Losing two straight to the Red Sox and the A's pounding the Tigers. The A's have 20 games against the Mariners, Angels and Astros left. We are 4 1/2 out. It has been pretty frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by thebird7689 View Post
    It is definitely over now. Losing two straight to the Red Sox and the A's pounding the Tigers. The A's have 20 games against the Mariners, Angels and Astros left. We are 4 1/2 out. It has been pretty frustrating.
    I may be preparing last rites, but I am not burying them yet.

Yesterday/last night was incredible. Every single team the Orioles are chasing or trying to keep below them - lost. So they gained a game on everybody. Rare feat.

I would have thought for sure that the As would get crushed in Detroit. The Angels just took 2 of 3 from the Rays in Tampa. It's a funny game...and the Orioles continue to play in meaningful ones...I will keep watching and hoping.

Realistically, with 13 games to go and 2 games behind (in loss column) the wild card #2 slot (thanks to Rangers' 7-game losing streak), the Orioles cannot afford to lose any of their four remaining series (@ Boston, @ Tampa, Toronto, Boston) - including gaining a split of the 4-game Rays series.

The BIG problem is that this team is virtually incapable of winning one-run contests, mainly due to Showalter's apparent refusal to 'manufacture' runs (i.e., employ sacrifice bunts). As manager, I would gladly settle for scoring one run in an inning with a lead-off runner on first and the score either tied or we're one run down. He shocked me when he employed it twice early during the first game of the recent 4-game Yankee series at home. It was crucial for the Orioles to win that series. By the way, guess which of those four games did the home team actually won?