Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Certain ESPN Analyst LOVES Our Defense This Year

Per Ray's new ESPN Facebook page ....

I think you are gonna see one of the Best Ravens Defenses in the last 20 years. Theses guys have a great mix of speed and experience. Daryl Smith is the real deal and the Rookie looks like a starter on the other side. Sizzle and Doom will pressure the sides and help the defensive backfield. The biggest difference however is the defensive line. Ravens have more talent on the line than any team in the AFC this year. I'd be surprised if they weren't back in the playoffs this year.

Blog Entries

Re: A Certain ESPN Analyst LOVES Our Defense This Year

If he had to list a weakness, it'd be funny if he put things like "lack of pre-game dancer on D" or "no one wearing #52" :)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Someone may want to remind him the team hasn't been around for 20 years. ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    LMAO!!! I read that and didn't even catch it. But funny as hell.

Blog Entries
    Almost as bad as when he called us the Baltimore Raiders on draft night. Too many knocks to the head l, ;).

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Almost as bad as when he called us the Baltimore Raiders on draft night. Too many knocks to the head l, ;).
    He did?!?!

Wow, that's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't turn into an Emmitt Smith type on the air. When he did a few segments with the ESPN on Super Bowl morning, I cringed he was so bad.

Blog Entries

He did?!?!

Wow, that's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't turn into an Emmitt Smith type on the air. When he did a few segments with the ESPN on Super Bowl morning, I cringed he was so bad.
    Most of the ESPN tv characters are terrible anyway. I tried watching first take when I've been over to America before, and it's so bad in terms of actual football analyses. I doubt any of these guys have ever watched a coaches tape in their lives, apart from of course Jaws and his friends and the former players. It's all on meaningless stats, and worthless story lines that mean nothing.

He did?!?!

OT real quick, but Tory Holt had me wincing on Sunday (STL vs. GB replay). He can barely verbalize a sentence. If he was a stutterer growing up, I apologize, but man...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Most of the ESPN tv characters are terrible anyway. I tried watching first take when I've been over to America before, and it's so bad in terms of actual football analyses. I doubt any of these guys have ever watched a coaches tape in their lives, apart from of course Jaws and his friends and the former players. It's all on meaningless stats, and worthless story lines that mean nothing.
    First Take is a show that's scripted especially Skip, Stephen A. and the ring leader Cari Champion (she's sexy but dumber than a box of rocks) so don't watch it.

I think Ray will be fine because he's been trained. Guys like Emmit and his stammering and unpreparedness forced the Networks to really train these guys to be ready to be under the camera. Joe Montana was horrific because he would barely say a word. Don't get me started on Bobby Beathard and Fat Jesus himself Jerome Bettis.

Ray's a rookie again.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    OT real quick, but Tory Holt had me wincing on Sunday (STL vs. GB replay). He can barely verbalize a sentence. If he was a stutterer growing up, I apologize, but man...

must be the finger...

Blog Entries

He did?!?!
    Ironically enough, announcing the Kindle draft pick. Sounds like he slurred it or stuttered it (Maybe had been knocking a few back?)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!