Question: Best Parking near M&T thats safe to walk.

Hey gang. My girlfriend and I are going to the Ravens/Browns game on Sept 14th. Our first time at M&T and I absolutly HATE driving in the city. What is the easiest parking garage to get to? By easiest, I mean, closest to the stadium and safest walking area. I don't want to park in a garage to where we would have a good possibility of getting robbed to get from the garage to the stadium. We would probably be coming down Eastern Ave. If you know of a place, can you post the address here so I can put it in my GPS come that Sunday? Thanks.

Re: Question: Best Parking near M&T thats safe to walk.

This link might be useful for you: http://www.parkwhiz.com/mt-bank-stad...118123_6799950

And since it's a 1 PM game, you shouldn't have any worries about crime. The BCPD is out in force (mostly directing traffic, but still there).

Quote Originally Posted by fma780 View Post
    Hey gang. My girlfriend and I are going to the Ravens/Browns game on Sept 14th. Our first time at M&T and I absolutly HATE driving in the city. What is the easiest parking garage to get to? By easiest, I mean, closest to the stadium and safest walking area. I don't want to park in a garage to where we would have a good possibility of getting robbed to get from the garage to the stadium. We would probably be coming down Eastern Ave. If you know of a place, can you post the address here so I can put it in my GPS come that Sunday? Thanks.
    You are unlikely to get robbed no matter where you park near the stadium on game day.

Are you planning on tailgating?

On a Sunday afternoon/early evening, walking to a parking area with thousands of other fans after a game, the odds of getting robbed are only slightly above zero. I've walked blocks to my car alone after games dozens of times and the only people trying to rob me are the guys selling stuff on the streets.

Blog Entries

Depending on where you are coming from, you could opt to drive to Timonium instead and use Light Rail. I generally use that on gamedays because the cost of buying a Light Rail ticket (3.25 for round trip per person) is much cheaper than the 20 bucks you will have to pay at most garages. And if you use the Northern stations, I've found it a little less crowded.

Never had good success with trying to park downtown for a game, simply because you either have to park far away and walk, or pay out the rear.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

if you are coming from the south get off on monroe avenue from the balt/wash parkway then take a right at the first light. you can park free by any of the warehouses or pay to enter a parking lot. all good tailgating areas and no threat of crime.

remember sam wyches famous line "you are not in cleveland". you will be in charm city.

Sounds like you never get to the city and watch too much of "The Wire".

Ravens game days are without a doubt the safest time to be in the city. You can park in any garage downtown, or cash lot from downtown to the Fed Hill area and have no fear of getting robbed walking to and from M&T.

I hate going to the city too, but like others said, there will be no problems on game day. Unless you are walking a long way, there are 70,000 people around.

Ok thanks for all th info. I kinda like the Light Rail Idea. Thanks for the link to all the parking garages.

Blog Entries

I don't remember which game is was last year, but after one of the night games I walked back to my car which wasn't that far from the stadium. I think it was one of those games where it was decided by the 4th quarter and people left early. It was crowded around stadium, but when I got to my lot my car was the only one there and not a person around. I went to this game by myself (I usually have 1 or 2 peope with me). It was a bit eery as it's always crowded after games. But not that one night. Anyway, this thread reminded me of that night.

In answer to your original question though, the one you will feel most safe-as-a-kitten in is the Hilton garage next to Oriole Park.

It's an underground garage, and you pop up the elevator into the hotel lobby. You exit directly onto Eutaw Street, and walk along the warehouse, through all the tailgate festivities, and right to the front door of the stadium. There is a sports bar/restaurant there called the Diamond Tavern in the hotel that is decent, if a bit overpriced. Or you could eat at Dempsey's which is in the warehouse.

Expect to pay about $30 for this safe-as-a-kitten parking experience.
    "Chin up, chest out."