Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Troy Smith Crawls to Montreal

Who won't want to spend as much of their adult life as possible getting paid to play a game? I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    RG-Knee

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Definitely agree! I didn't dislike Troy Smith when he was with the Ravens. If not for his attitude, he'd be on some NFL
    roster. Saw where Troy Smith had that 49ers sidelines' disagreement with Mike Singletary. Its one thing if an elite qb disagrees with the HC but certainly not the backup qb mouthing off. I knew his days were numbered in SF after that.
    I wouldn't use the Singletary incident as an example. Mike was by all accounts not a people person. The issue that Troy had with him is that he gave no positive feedback yet destroyed him for the slightest mistake. He simply told Mike that being that way made it even more difficult to play the position. I actually thought Troy was fair even though he was animated.

To this day I still think Mike Singletary feels he did nothing wrong as HC. He may be religious but he's one of the most arrogant and non personable people in the league.

Don't let the cross fool you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I wouldn't use the Singletary incident as an example. Mike was by all accounts not a people person. The issue that Troy had with him is that he gave no positive feedback yet destroyed him for the slightest mistake. He simply told Mike that being that way made it even more difficult to play the position. I actually thought Troy was fair even though he was animated.

To this day I still think Mike Singletary feels he did nothing wrong as HC. He may be religious but he's one of the most arrogant and non personable people in the league.

Don't let the cross fool you.
    Singletary was a horrid coach on every level. I saw interviews with him in his heyday with the Bears, his zealotry was disturbing to say the least. I knew he would fail as a coach.

I bas my opinion off Troy "Crawling" Smith off of what I saw of him in Baltimore, it wasn't much and I thought the 49ers were stupid to make him the #1 for a while anyway. He's a flame out, he just can't see his charred remains.