Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rematch

Blog Entries

Re: The Rematch

Just a note...Broncos fans feel that the game should be over at halftime. So, when they have a 4Q comeback this year, make sure to repeat "the game should've been won at halftime"

also, I like the delusional "we weren't trying to bring Dumervil back" claim. Please...

That's like saying "No, we had NO intention of bringing Ellerbe back. That offer we made him was for PR purposes"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    that's almost as good as "Blaine Gabbert - Real American"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09oUUhkSxbQ
    Oh my God! That was awful! Who on earth would think to 1) sing a horribly offkey tribute to Blaine Gabbert, 2) select a mid-80's WWF theme song to use, 3) after reviewing the finished product, put it on the internet!

that's almost as good as "Blaine Gabbert - Real American"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09oUUhkSxbQ
    That was amazing...in such a sad way. This machine will not compute.

B-b-b-blaine Blaine b-b-b-b-blaine b-blaine!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Good points.

His drug issue though is with the substance abuse policy, not the PED policy. Small correction.
    Ahh... really? I guess I remen=ber it saying "substance Abuse" and not PED... What does that mean? Does that mean it's related to something like alcohol or weed as apposed to steroids or adderall? While neither is good... PED points to cheating and trying to get an edge... which I don't like, but I can understand... the "Substance Abuse" could point to a bigger issue and lead to potential issues off the field, as well.

I'll get back to topic though... As far as picking the game.... the game is a toss up. Peyton could light us up... or Peyton could throw two Pick 6's... those throws could be the difference of inches.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 08-15-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Interesting that his first reaction was that it was an awful throw, given that it turned out to be right on the money.

I read somewhere that other safety's feel that Moore took a reasonable depth on that throw; that Joe threw it a preposterous distance, you'd never expect a QB to get it that far. I don't know if that's true or not. Looked to me like a mistake in real-time.

The thing about that play is, there were still two OT's of football to play. That play did not end the game. It basically started the real game.

I found that interesting as well. You can certainly debate Moore's actions on the play but to say that it was an awful throw is insane. There are maybe two other QB's in the NFL that would even have a snowball's chance in you-know-where to even have a chance to complete that pass in those weather conditions. There are a lot of NFL QB's that couldn't make that throw on a 70 degree day with no wind. There was an outstanding article that was linked in this forum which broke that play down and showed how incredible of a throw it was. Unfortunately I never bookmarked it and I don't have the time to search for it. I think Jaworski had a similar article.
    Last edited by Cj34; 08-15-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I love it. The Raven's remind me a lot of the Detroit Piston's back in the day, no flash, just a good team that won a lot.
    Big, fast and physical.....wear you down.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

also, I like the delusional "we weren't trying to bring Dumervil back" claim. Please...
    Wait...do they seriously believe that? Did the Broncos rig the fax machine just to taunt Dumervil?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    They may have preemptively banned Baltimore based IPs.

I've seen other team forums do it in preparation of a big game against us.
    I live in two different states, neither of which are close to Maryland. Also, I'm IP banned on both my old computer and this one, which I bought a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I found that interesting as well. You can certainly debate Moore's actions on the play but to say that it was an awful throw is insane. There are maybe two other QB's in the NFL that would even have a snowball's chance in you-know-where to even have a chance to complete that pass in those weather conditions. There are a lot of NFL QB's that couldn't make that throw on a 70 degree day with no wind. There was an outstanding article that was linked in this forum which broke that play down and showed how incredible of a throw it was. Unfortunately I never bookmarked it and I don't have the time to search for it. I think Jaworski had a similar article.
    I feel that Flacco has the strongest arm in the league. Which 2 QBs do you think may have been able to make that throw? I can't name them.

Moore certainly deserves criticism for not playing deep enough, but some of that is because he thought there was no way someone could throw it that far. Even Jones had briefly slowed down, fortunatley, his momentum was already going down field so he was easily able to speed up to catch it. Moore got caught flat-footed.

Safe to say Von Miller has made bad decisions. The fact that he got arrested at a gun club I can't help but see the irony in symbolically shooting himself in the foot the day before his appeal with the NFL. He's definitely their best defender. Few have won appeals, right now I think the odds are he won't play, but we'll soon know for sure.

I live in Colorado(for now) and there is a collective consensus that the Ravens aren't very good, we were lucky last year, the officials blew the calls, we have their Lombardy trophy and this game will be a blow out. Do I want to walk around in purple after we win? Of course. I've been following the Broncos this offseason and it will be tough to beat them even without Von Miller, but to think we have no chance is absurd. I think their offensive line can be exploited as they on on their 3rd center this offseason and Clady is coming off of shoulder surgery and is being eased back. They signed Dominic Cromartie-Rodgers this offseason and he recently returned to practice after a high ankle sprain, an injury that can linger.

A key to me is if the improved defensive front can get pressure and throw Manning's timing off. A healthy Ngata lined up over center should create problems. Even if we win I expect the Broncos will get home field advantage in the playoffs again since they play a marshmallow schedule.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgsNRavens2052 View Post
    I don't think I have been more pumped for an opening game for the season than this one..... Their fans are the most delusional besides Redskins. I cant wait to beat them in their own house again.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...26-The-Rematch!
    Fixed a little bit but otherwise agree with everything here. Bring on 9/5 already. From what the "Experts" are saying we shouldn't even bother showing up.... I mean the team should just stay here or go downtown and watch the concert with the rest of us.

Now I did put this game as a L in the prediction thread but I will do the mother of all happy dances if that prediction turns out wrong.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    One thing I never understood is how Moore playing the ball poorly means we didn't deserve to win.
    I mean Peyton and Brady has abused players being out of position for years, but Joe does it and it's a fluke. Hell most big plays happen when one player messes up big time.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold