Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rematch

Blog Entries

Re: The Rematch

that's almost as good as "Blaine Gabbert - Real American"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09oUUhkSxbQ
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Its a rematch to them but I don't think it is to the Ravens. Let's face it, that was for all the marbles when the Ravens went into their house and beat them, thus ending their season. This is one game out of sixteen... win or lose not the end of the world.

Pumped for the game but it's not our superbowl, it's theirs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They'll most likely be without their two top pass rushers from that game, being that Von Miller's appeal is today and he JUST got arrested. That can't be good, and Doom is now playing for the good guys.

I'd love for the Ravens to go into Denver and completely annihilate these guys, giving the bird to the NFL for making them open up on the road.

Blog Entries

and I'll say it again... you don't win the superbowl with someone else's old quarterback. It's a great marketing tool but it doesn't get you the trophy

Sounds like Denver has other issues on their mind... Von Miller arrested.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...appear-warrant

They made him appear like such a good, smart guy last year... with the profile of him wearing the Buddy Holly glasses and working and doing research on the university chicken farm and all... then crying like a baby after the game.

But sounds to me like a real POS with the drugs, guns, and all the breaking the lawz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Sounds like Denver has other issues on their mind... Von Miller arrested.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...appear-warrant

They made him appear like such a good, smart guy last year... with the profile of him wearing the Buddy Holly glasses and working and doing research on the university chicken farm and all... then crying like a baby after the game.

But sounds to me like a real POS with the drugs, guns, and all the breaking the lawz.
    it was traffic violations

Guns are legal.

The fact he was arrested at a gun club is immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgsNRavens2052 View Post
    I don't think I have been more pumped for an opening game for the season than this one..... Their fans are the most delusional besides Pittsburgh.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...26-The-Rematch!
    I don't know...all fan bases have trolls, but I think there is a very healthy respect between the Ravens and Steeler fans....most of the Pittsburgh fans I talk to understand that the games with Baltimore are all-out wars that usually come down to one or two plays. I rarely hear Steeler fans predicting blow-out wins versus the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Much bigger game for them than us.
    Indeed it is.

Blog Entries

Its kind of like us holding the NE game at another level for a players fuckup in the playoffs the year before... pot meet kettle.

Its a big game for them in that sense, but id say its a big game for both simply based off the fact that both plan on being contenders. seeing as we play the two other preseason favorites within our first 3 games Id say its even more important to come out winning from the get go.

Seriously though why are people still talking about our cap? Its TC and were still bringing in name vets.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Guns are legal. The fact he was arrested at a gun club is immaterial.
    Well I was trash talking the opponent a little there... Guess the gun comment was a bit overwhelming for some. lol. ;)

Yes I'm playing extreme devil's advocate... Yes I know guns are legal and by no means am I attacking the right to bear arms. I don't have issues with guns in general (I do have issues with specific types of guns, etc.) but, this is not about that... I was implying this (and it may be a stretch or it may not...): If he does one illegal thing, and then two... and then another and another, there becomes a pattern. Does his relationship with guns follow the same path eventually? (i.e. carry unlicensed firearm, etc). I do find it curious that his own Gun Club turned him in though... I suppose it's their duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    it was traffic violations
    Yep... everyone gets them at some point. 5 over, 10 over or rolling though a stop sign... whatever... But we usually pay our tickets. Even if we pay late, we pay. We don't get called into court and fail to show up. We don't have Warrants out for our arrest since last January. And if we did, we'd probably immediately show up at court and pay our fines... especially if we were millionaires. And, one of his violations was careless driving. You don't get a careless driving ticket for going 10 over in a 45... You get a careless driving ticket for doing shit like going 90 in a 70 and weaving in and out of traffic. What if he killed someone being careless? Does that change things... cause really it's just circumstance.

Whatever... any drama involving one of their best players is drama they don't need. PEDs, Arrests, etc. Drama is drama and any circus coming to town means they focus a little less on football.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 08-15-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Well I was trash talking the opponent a little there... Guess the gun comment was a bit overwhelming for some. lol. ;)

Yes I'm playing extreme devil's advocate... Yes I know guns are legal and by no means am I attacking the right to bear arms. I don't have issues with guns in general (I do have issues with specific types of guns, etc.) but, this is not about that... I was implying this (and it may be a stretch or it may not...): If he does one illegal thing, and then two... and then another and another, there becomes a pattern. Does his relationship with guns follow the same path eventually? (i.e. carry unlicensed firearm, etc). I do find it curious that his own Gun Club turned him in though... I suppose it's their duty.

Yep... everyone gets them at some point. 5 over, 10 over or rolling though a stop sign... whatever... But we usually pay out tickets. Even if we pay late, we pay. We don't get called into court and fail to show up. We don't have Warrants out for our arrest since last January. And if we did, we'd probably immediately show up at court and pay our fines... especially if we were millionaires. And, one of his violations was careless driving. You don't get a careless driving ticket for going 10 over in a 45... You get a careless driving ticket for doing shit like going 90 in a 70 and weaving in and out of traffic. What if he killed someone being careless? Does that change things... cause really it's just circumstance.

Whatever... any drama involving one of their best players is drama they don't need. PEDs, Arrests, etc. Drama is drama and any circus coming to town means they focus a little less on football.
    Good points.

His drug issue though is with the substance abuse policy, not the PED policy. Small correction.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    "Damn it Rahim! Sickens me every time I see that backpedal. I still remember my thought process, "What an awful throw, we win... wait... WHY... NOOO... [Expletives]!!!!!""
    Interesting that his first reaction was that it was an awful throw, given that it turned out to be right on the money.

I read somewhere that other safety's feel that Moore took a reasonable depth on that throw; that Joe threw it a preposterous distance, you'd never expect a QB to get it that far. I don't know if that's true or not. Looked to me like a mistake in real-time.

The thing about that play is, there were still two OT's of football to play. That play did not end the game. It basically started the real game.