Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The All-Time Ravens "we can't lose this guy" team

Every summer, posters fall in love with certain UDFAs/low round draft picks. Every year, it's "this guy won't pass through waivers", "we can't cut this guy", "we can't risk him", etc.

Most often though, those guys do pass through waivers and make it to the PS and/or never amount to much of anything.

So, in the spirit of fun, how about the All-Time "We Can Lose This Guy" team nominees:

QB: Derek Anderson
    RB: Bobby Rainey
    FB:
    WR: Eron Riley, Tommy Streeter
    TE: Matt Furstenberg
    OL: Justin Boren

DL: Nate Bolling
    LB: Josh Bynes
    CB: Danny Gorrer
    S: Jerome Sapp, Omar Brown

There are most certainly more that aren't coming to mind, help me out!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: The All-Time Ravens "we can't lose this guy" team

Dannell Ellerbe, Bart Scott, Albert McClellan, LaQuan Williams all come to mind. ;)

Trent Smith and Derek Anderson are the two biggest that I recall.

Adrian Hamilton has to be at the top of the list right now.

I can still remember Nate Bolling's glorious quarter. Ah, memories.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

B-more, come on...I think a better title would be "Pre-Season All-Pro Team". Guys who between camp and preseason games, captured the hearts of factions of fans, who saw them with multiple All-Pros and a spot in Canton awaiting.

QB - Has to be Derek Anderson, with slight nod to Troy Smith
    RB - There's been a couple, most recently Rainey. Jalen Parmele? I know there was one WR or RB who caught like a 75 yard TD...he was either a RB or a short WR, caught a ball on a 10 yard pattern but scurried past the D to score.
    WR - Eron Riley, Justin Harper, Randy Hymes?, Demetrius Williams, Logan Payne, Marlon Brown. I think WRs are the easiest ones to fall in here
    TE - Furstenburg and Trent Smith. Darnell Dinkins? Brett Pierce?
    OL - Mark LeVoir (someone thought he could start at LT last year), Justin Boren
    DL - Nate Bolling
    LB - Josh Bynes (might be coming around now), Ellerbe, Jameel McClain, Adrian Hamilton
    CB - Moe Lee, Danny Gorrer, Ronnie Prude
    S - Gerome Sapp, Omar Brown
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Adrian Hamilton has to be at the top of the list right now.

I can still remember Nate Bolling's glorious quarter. Ah, memories.
    If Hamilton keeps getting his name called, he's going to be a tough cut to make. As someone else mentioned, would hate to see him picked up by the Steelers and wreck havoc by rushing off the edge on us for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    ..... Ronnie Prude.....
    I thought he was going to be a world beater after he had that pick vs. the Saints in a regular season game.

He every play after us?
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Anthony Poindexter - safety
    Derek Abney - WR/KR

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Ravor-
    I know I missed his speech at the recent Hall of Fame induction ceremony, but what did ol' Derek have to say to the crowd?;)

As far as other players, I recall Duane Starks as being irreplaceable in the secondary, Adalius Thomas's departure was the beginning of the end for the D, Ed Hartwell's loss would hurt the D, the fullback that went to Atlanta IIRC who would devestate the running attack proficiency, the boxing safety/CB who went to Miami I think - sorry, my brain is drained today!

None of those guys were "problems" in my mind, but I recall predictions for disasters of biblical proportions -

you know -- Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria! Liberals and Conservatives working together productively...;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    If Hamilton keeps getting his name called, he's going to be a tough cut to make. As someone else mentioned, would hate to see him picked up by the Steelers and wreck havoc by rushing off the edge on us for many years.
    I put his name up because it's one of the few times in the past 12 years that I've actually felt that "we can't lose this guy". He had so many moves, the LT didn't know whether to take a dump or wind his watch.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Keep in mind, there are guys on this list I feel are VERY good players. Hamilton among them.

But they are guys who become overhyped at one time or another. Two years ago, Bynes was hyped as a guy who should make the club and be "the next great UDFA of Ozzie Newsome". It took until playoffs last year for him to really find his rhythm, but I think it's justified that he may start over Arthur Brown right now.

Hamilton was SUPER hyped last year, people were demanding we put him on the 45 gameday roster and START him in Suggs' place. He's getting a strong push this year, but last year he was just a rookie with a positive training camp/preseason
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

WR Ernie Wheelwrigth, Matt Willis
    DB Prince Miller, Willie Gaston, KJ Gerard, Josh Victorian, Bryan mcCann.. ( Not sure if we these are counting Derrick martin, Zibby and Haruki?)
    LB Michael McAdoo, William van de steeg,
    DL Baptiste, Kitchen
    OL Robbie Felix, Mike Kracalik
    TE Xavier Lee
    RB Cory Ross, PJ daniels???Musa Smith.. pff