Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens are the 9th Most Valuable Franchise in the League

Per Forbes....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...ble-nfl-teams/

We saw a very modest bump after the Super Bowl. We are worth $1.23 Billion. Not bad for a small market team.

Kind of surprised that the league only makes 15% profit. Seems on the low side.

Re: Ravens are the 9th Most Valuable Franchise in the League

Amazing considering they are tax exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    The league as a whole is tax exempt, but each team is not. Essentially, because the league takes in post taxed team profits and redistributes them back out to the teams, the unions, the refs, and the pensions of the retired guys, taxing the league on that money would be double dipping.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Ravens: #9 in value, #1 in achievement.

Not quite.

The league is simply a trade organization, consisting of the membership of the teams. They're a not-for-profit under 501(c)(6) status. Much of their profits go back into the league as opposed to being dispersed amongst the admin staff, commissioner, etc.

Each team is its own business and pays state and federal business taxes just like every other business.

Thanks for the info, I'm better informed now. Misinformation is as common as information(Brady blew out an ACL & MCL). I feel duped again. A quick goggle search finds a mind boggling debate. I'll leave the politics for another forum.

Thanks for the info, I'm better informed now. Misinformation is as common as information(Brady blew out an ACL & MCL). I feel duped again. A quick goggle search finds a mind boggling debate. I'll leave the politics for another forum.
    I don't think it's a political debate.

Rather, lots of folks don't know his the league is set up. They pay taxes, just not in the traditional way.

Now if the debate becomes if of how much they should pay, yes, that's more for the politics forum.

Blog Entries

First of all we're valued more than anyone in the AFC-N with Pissburgh @ #14 with all their glorious trophies. The mistake by the lake is way down.

Secondly, note how far down the two expansion teams are that got franchises in the 90s. Shows how dumb Tags really was. That's what happens when you hate something and your emotions get in the way of business.

Thirdly, Rams are further down too after using Bmore and going to a new dome
    before our stadium was built. We dodged a bullet there and wouldn't have
    Bisciotti and Ozzie running the team.

Finally, Indy is below us too and so is the storied GB and Denver. Well, Irsay finally got something right when he said he could have made more money staying in Bmore.

It's also noteworthy that the Dolphins tried to get a 1% hotel tax increase to improve
    things for them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-14-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    First of all we're valued more than anyone in the AFC-N with Pissburgh @ #14 with all their glorious trophies. The mistake by the lake is way down.

Secondly, note how far down the two expansion teams are that got franchises in the 90s. Shows how dumb Tags really was. That's what happens when you hate something and your emotions get in the way of business.

Thirdly, Rams are further down too after using Bmore and going to a new dome
    before our stadium was built. We dodged a bullet there and wouldn't have
    Bisciotti and Ozzie running the team.

Finally, Indy is below us too. Well, Irsay finally got something right when he said he
    could have made more money staying in Bmore.
    Damn good points. Validated and vindicated.

Atlanta and Oakland gotta be the biggest underachievers.

Blog Entries

The list also shows the superiority of football over baseball and all other
    pro sports.

FOOTBALL IS AMERICA'S GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not quite.

The league is simply a trade organization, consisting of the membership of the teams. They're a not-for-profit under 501(c)(6) status. Much of their profits go back into the league as opposed to being dispersed amongst the admin staff, commissioner, etc.

Each team is its own business and pays state and federal business taxes just like every other business.
    Taxing the NFL would be like taxing the Bar Association for every dollar that every law firm in the country made.