Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The All-Time Ravens "we can't lose this guy" team

Good call on Derek Andersen - how could we survive losing him?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Funny thing is, a lot of the guys mentioned in here either stuck with the Ravens, played for the Ravens, or played for another team.

Derrick Martin has been around the block and I think he was on the SB Packers team recently and the Giants too. He has turned into a decent safety/STs player.

Josh Victorian might actually start for the Steelers or play a lot.

Adrian Hamilton is playing himself into a major pass rushing role with the Ravens.

Jameel McClain - starter for a long time at ILB.
    Dannell Ellerbe - starter and major contributor during the SB run.
    Josh Bynes - may be a starter this year and at the very least will contribute a lot on D and STs.
    Albert McClellan - started at ILB and is competing for a starting ILB spot this year.

I think the reason why Ravens' fans get excited about UDFAs is because of the history of success that Ozzie & co have had picking up UDFAs and turning them into legitimate contributors and in some cases, good starters.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Antwan Barnes

The best preseason 4th quarter QB in the history of football is.............

Stoney Case

If there is an All-Time Ravens We Can't Lose This Guy Team, it has to have a coach that so many Ravens' fans thought the team just couldn't live without, and that would be Rex Ryan.

If someone ca be elected to the HoF based on Ravens fans speculation on a player being great, then Eron Riley > Jerry Rice.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

I'm shocked no one mentioned O'Neil Cousins. The coaching staff was really high on this guy but everyone on the board saw him for what he really was throughout his career: garbage.

Another player I haven't seen mentioned yet is Clarence Moore. He had the size (6'6") and speed to be a true deep threat but could never crack the starting lineup of a weak WR corps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaStevez View Post
    I'm shocked no one mentioned O'Neil Cousins. The coaching staff was really high on this guy but everyone on the board saw him for what he really was throughout his career: garbage.

Another player I haven't seen mentioned yet is Clarence Moore. He had the size (6'6") and speed to be a true deep threat but could never crack the starting lineup of a weak WR corps.
    Oneil Cousins is the ANTI-Hype team. We all were SURE we could live without him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

iggyman555 Guest

dan cody

Blog Entries

Randy Hymes, lol, I always thought that guy would have been decent with a reliable QB throwing him the ball. Unfortunately, he was stuck in the Boller/Billick era...

Fun fact, there exists a Randy Hymes highlight video on YouTube...it's several minutes of repeated showings of his catches from a couple games in 2004/2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Ravor-
    I know I missed his speech at the recent Hall of Fame induction ceremony, but what did ol' Derek have to say to the crowd?;)

As far as other players, I recall Duane Starks as being irreplaceable in the secondary, Adalius Thomas's departure was the beginning of the end for the D, Ed Hartwell's loss would hurt the D, the fullback that went to Atlanta IIRC who would devestate the running attack proficiency, the boxing safety/CB who went to Miami I think - sorry, my brain is drained today!

None of those guys were "problems" in my mind, but I recall predictions for disasters of biblical proportions -

you know -- Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria! Liberals and Conservatives working together productively...;)
    GOOD post

Blog Entries

Jared Gaither :bag: