Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: 2013 Season Predictions 8-13-13

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    My uncomfortable point is that the depth the organization worked so diligently to build is already worn thin--& the season hasn't even started. From here on out it would take very little in the way of bad luck, injury-wise, to send the whole season down the tubes.

You guys predict away--I'm going to spend my time learning to hold my breath whenever a purple jersey is slow getting off the turf...

Every year. Predictions on a season are guesses based on injuries and the timing of injuries (and return). We got lucky with Suggs and Ray last year. Webb hurt, but Williams for all the complaining did a decent job and Graham really stepped up.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

I am going to go with 12-4.

Week 1 (At Denver)- W, Denver just doesn't have enough defense to keep the Ravens from scoring 30+, while the Ravens, despite communication issues on the back end, have enough to keep Manning and Co. under 30.

Week 2 (Vs. Cleveland)- W, The home opener for the Ravens means bad news for Cleveland, one way or another. Trent Richardson will run hard and Weeden will get a couple of deep passes in, but the offense will not be able to keep up and Cleveland's defense will finally break in the second half.

Week 3 (Vs. Texans)- W, This is going to be a tough one where the stars shine. However, this is the game where many will see that the Ravens actually have more stars.

Week 4 (At. Buffalo)- W, The Bills actually have the potential to bring forth the one thing that gives Joe Flacco problems and that's a strong four man rush. The question is whether or not it will materialize. C.J. Spiller is just the type of speed back that can damage what used to be known of the Ravens defense, but those type of backs never made if a full four quarters. The game is going to fall on Manuel and he won't be ready for the task, although he'll put in a good effort.

Week 5 (At. Miami)-W, There could be some explosiveness to this Dolphins offense, but the Ravens defense is really starting to gel by this point and, while they cause a few fits for Baltimore's offense, the Ravens' defense steals the show with key turnovers.

Week 6 (Vs. Green Bay)- L, This is the Ravens first loss of the season, by one of only two men capable of leading his team into M&T against the new look Ravens. These two teams will eventually meet again in the Super Bowl. Flacco will actually play great, but Rodgers will come out on top. This is a game that will earn Joe Flacco even more respect, albeit in defeat.

Week 7 (At. Pittsburgh)- The cage match is fierce and Baltimore leaves victorious, blood will be spilled.

Week 8 (Bye)

Week 9 (At Cleveland) W- Baltimore once again comes out of the bye strong and Browns fans leave the seats early in this one.

Week 10 (Vs. Bengals) W- The Bengals actually come knocking on the door for this one, unlike previous visits to M&T, but they struggle to match the big play ability of Baltimore's offense and come up short in the fourth.

Week 11 (At. Bears) L- I just have a feeling that Jay Cutler is going to be a better QB on this day and that the Bears are going to be the better team on this day.

Week 12 (Vs. Jets) W- I honestly believe John runs up the score in this one.

Week 13 (Vs. Steelers) L- In a last ditch effort to keep their playoff hopes alive, the Steelers pull it off with the OTHER of the two men capable of leading his team to victory in M&T against the new look Ravens. Yep, the fat bastard gets us this time.

Week 14 (Vs. Minnesota) W- I have a strange feeling that injuries are going to really hit Minnesota this year. Peterson won't be able to save that defense in this one.

Week 15 (At. Detroit) W- Stafford goes up against a real defense and turns the ball over. Calvin Johnson tries to rise to the occasion, but no one on his team rises with him.

Week 16 (Vs. New England) W- The division should be locked up with this win and the Ravens will not miss the opportunity. By this point, the pass rush is going to be screaming and the weaknesses of New England will undoubtedly show.

Week 17 (At. Cincinnati) L- The starters will be rested and the Bengals will come out with the win.

12-4.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

11-5

at Broncos - W
    vs Browns - W
    vs Texans - L
    at Bills - W
    at Dolphins - W
    vs Packers - L
    at Steelers - W
    at Browns - W
    vs Bengals - W
    at Bears - L
    vs Jets - W
    vs Steelers - L
    vs Vikings - W
    at Lions - W
    vs. Patriots - W
    at Bengals - L

10-6 It's gonna take a little time to gel.

Quote Originally Posted by dc369 View Post
    10-6 It's gonna take a little time to gel.
    That's where I'm at as well.Maybe 11-5 but no worse than 9-7.

12-4. The defense should be better than last year. If healthy, Suggs and Elvis are just about as good as it gets rushing from the outside. DL is improved and deeper. The OL should be better than last year. Flacco is just coming into his prime. And you-know-who is not running the offense. The Pitta injury hurts, but there are enough playmakers on this offense.

Ravens finish 11-5. End up 4-2 in the division which will be extremely tough this season.
    It will come down to tiebreakers to determine North division winner and thus the seeding.
    Ravens make it 6 straight seasons in playoffs. Flacco has his finest year as a pro.