Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: 2013 Season Predictions 8-13-13

I just looked at the schedules for the other teams and think the Bronocs and the Texans will fight for the home field advantage in the playoffs. I think you'll need at least 13-3 to sniff that advantage. The Ravens need to win head to head match ups with both of them to compete for it since it's the first tie breaker. That's a tall order, but possible. It's a huge disadvantage that the Ravens are in a division with 2 other teams that are playoff contenders. I expect the Broncos and the Texans will sweep their division, no way that would happen if they were in the AFCN. I can see 5 loses this year for the Patriots, something I can't remember thinking for years. It's still probably good enough to win the division. OK, for better or worse, here's my predictions.

at Broncos - W (1-0) Upset pick of the year. We know them, they have to guess. Peyton gets pressured.
    vs Browns - W (2-1)
    vs Texans - L (2-1)
    at Bills - W (3-1)
    at Dolphins - W (4-1)
    vs Packers - W (5-1) M&T advantage.
    at Steelers - W (6-1) Ben misses game with injury.
    at Browns - W (7-1)
    vs Bengals - W (8-1)
    at Bears - W (9-1) Even at home, da Bears just not good enough.
    vs Jets - W (10-1) Life is good.
    vs Steelers - L (10-2) No surprise to have the Steelers knock us down to earth.
    vs Vikings - W (11-2) I'm happy Peterson didn't run on last years defense.
    at Lions - W (12-2) Da Bears are better, same result. We sweep the NFCN.
    vs. Patriots - L (12-3) Patriots play with a sense of urgency.
    at Bengals - L (12-4) 2 game losing streak. The media is all over it saying the Ravens have no momentum. Sound familiar?
    Last edited by Bigfish; 08-14-2013 at 11:09 AM.

at Broncos - W (1-0) We come out of the gate fired up. We know the Broncos from last year as not much has changed. They are unsound in the run game. Our defence stops them
    vs Browns - W (2-0) Ugly 3 point win, low scoring. Typical second game shitshow
    vs Texans - L (2-1) There defence is too much for us, but it will be low scoring.
    at Bills - W (3-1) Mainly because I will be in attendance and they better win....but realistically we come out hot after a tough loss to the Texans
    at Dolphins - W (4-1) I do like the Dolphins this year, but I think we'll get to Tannenhill and ruin their flow. Miller and Thomas can't make up for it
    vs Packers - L (4-2) I don't usually bet against us at home, but I see a loss here....despite not being able to explain why
    at Steelers - L (4-3) This causes this board to cry and overreact (typical), but it's a typical loss in Pitt
    at Browns - W (5-3) Bounceback win and it will be a shit kicking
    vs Bengals - W (6-3)
    at Bears - L (6-4) If it was in Baltimore it'd be different, but I don't like our chances in Chi
    vs Jets - W (7-4) lol Rex
    vs Steelers - W (8-4) Typical split with Pitt, we get them back in our barn
    vs Vikings - W (9-4) AP will get shut down by our D
    at Lions - W (10-4) Though I think they will be the surprise team of the year, their D is still questionable
    vs. Patriots - L (10-5) I agree this will be a desperation win for the Pats
    at Bengals - L (10-6)

10-6, we tie with the Bengals and we win the division on tiebreakers....yay
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

10-6 and and 1st place tie in AFC North with Pittsburgh. That NFC North will be a gantlet along with the usual blood baths in our own division. They say any given Sunday and its true....there really are no gimmes on the schedule this year.

I think Cinci and Pittsburgh gets us once each..... I also see Denver and GB and Chicago as an L. And the 6th L will come from some bottom feeder we should readily handle but don't (Cleveland/Detroit/Buffalo/Miami.) I just hope we're projecting upward again once January rolls around.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

at Broncos - L (0-1) The most difficult game on schedule; real good test on readiness for this season; Lessons learned for postseason rematch.
    vs Browns - W (1-1) Looking much better (10 days to prepare).
    vs Texans - L (1-2) Lessons learned for postseason rematch.
    at Bills - W (2-2) Rebounding from home loss.
    at Dolphins - W (3-2) Taking care of business.
    vs Packers - L (3-3) Team is still coming together; still not ready for NFL's best QBs.
    at Steelers - W (4-3) Very close; confidence builder.
    at Browns - L (4-4) 'Wake up call'; Browns are better this season.
    vs Bengals - W (5-4) No margin for error.
    at Bears - W (6-4) Very close and not easy.
    vs Jets - W (7-4) A must win; favorable matchup continues.
    vs Steelers - W (8-4) Decline in Pittsburgh is ongoing.
    vs Vikings - W (9-4) Close but 10 days to prepare.
    at Lions - L (9-5) Letdown after five consecutive wins.
    vs. Patriots - W (10-5) A must win; major rebound in all departments
    at Bengals - L (10-6) I also see this one as a crucial opportunity to rest regulars before the postseason.

10-6 should be enough to secure the AFC North title.
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 09-05-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Oops! No tiebreaker over Bengals.

I have the Ravens at 11-5 winning the North with the AFC title game at home.

Unfortunately we will lose that game to the Houston Texans who will make a 2012 Raven type run through the post season.

AFC
    Division Champs
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Texans
    Chargers
    Wild Card
    Broncos
    Indy

NFC
    Division Champs
    Giants
    Packers
    Falcons
    Seahawks
    Wild Card
    49ers
    Redskins

Super Bowl
    Ravens vs Packers
    Champion
    Ravens

NOTE: A year ago, I correctly predicted the Ravens over the 49ers in SB XLVII.

at Broncos - W (1-0)

vs Browns - W (2-0)

vs Texans - L (2-1)

at Bills - W (3-1)

at Dolphins - W (4-1)

vs Packers - W (5-1)

at Steelers - L (5-2)

at Browns - W (6-2)

vs Bengals - W (7-2)

at Bears - W (8-2)

vs Jets - W (9-2)

vs Steelers - W (10-2)

vs Vikings - W (11-2)

at Lions - W (12-2)

vs. Patriots - L (12-3)

at Bengals - L (12-4) - Resting starters

Blog Entries

I see a 12-4 maybe 11-5 season. win the division. Im not going to call the SB because entirely too much can happen till then, but i do like our chances of repeating. I dont see much in our way honestly. I think weve gotten better and other teams have gotten worse or havent changed much at all. 49ers i expect to take a step back. Seattle i expect to take one forward. AFC wise I dont expect much to change. The cream is still us, DEN, NE, HOU, and CIN.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I have the Ravens at 11-5....
    I believe I predicted 11-5 before the preseason and I see no reason to change that now. I will defer to others on any post-season predictions.

Blog Entries

I have them at 10-6 and personally I think 10 wins will take the AFCN. It's a brutal division

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I rarely participate in prediction threads because I think they're an exercise in futility, but this year, at this moment, that seems even more true than in years past. For one reason: Injuries.

As Oz & Harbs put the current roster together it struck me that they were determined not to repeat the central mistake of 2001-2, when the team had no adequate answer for the loss of Jamal Lewis. They made sure they had serviceable depth behind everyone (except Flacco).

But consider the current situation. With the possible exception of RB and OLB, I don't see any position where an injury to a starter would not result in an immediate drop in production (or at best, promotion of a largely unknown quantity). Look at the DL: That rotation looked like one of the Ravens' great strengths--but B Williams is in a boot with a toe problem (& all of us who recall how Ogden's career ended are entitled to shudder) and Arthur Jones is out with illness (FTR I'm guessing that it's something highly contagious that could go through the roster like wildfire--if I had to bet I'd put money on MRSA) & suddenly the rotation depends on Tyson & Cody. Look at TE: with Pitta down, what happens if Dickson gets hurt? The team is only carrying 4 CBs--what happens if someone plants a foot & a ligament gives? And don't mention the OL--Shipley might be adequate if Gino gets hurt, but I don't even want to think about the train wreck if one of the other 4 starters goes down.

My uncomfortable point is that the depth the organization worked so diligently to build is already worn thin--& the season hasn't even started. From here on out it would take very little in the way of bad luck, injury-wise, to send the whole season down the tubes.

You guys predict away--I'm going to spend my time learning to hold my breath whenever a purple jersey is slow getting off the turf...

I'm going 11-5 with them winning the division. There's going to be a couple of games we lose to "inferior" competition. It happens every year and this year will be no different. I honestly hope most of our losses happen outside of our conference. It will bode well for our chance to secure a high seed when it comes to our conference tie breakers.