Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: 2013 Season Predictions 8-13-13

at Broncos - W (Bronco's D does not impress me and ours does)
    vs Browns - W ( Home opener; SB celebration)
    vs Texans - W (Ray being inducted to Ravens ring of honor; we will once again ride the Ray emotional high to a win)
    at Bills - L (Trap game on the road; Bills are slightly improved)
    at Dolphins - L (Not buying the hype but this is a decent team with a good defense)
    vs Packers - W (Home; We usually play good teams well. Close game)
    at Steelers - L (Think the Steelers will be very good this year)
    at Browns - W (Joe has a pretty good record against this team. Browns will be MUCH improved though)
    vs Bengals - W (I don't believe in Dalton and I expect our defense to be good)
    at Bears - L ( Bears will be good)
    vs Jets - W (Hahaha)
    vs Steelers - W (Thanksgiving; game at home)
    vs Vikings - W (This team will have a good D and running game; on the road)
    at Lions - L (Mon night game. Calvin Johnson. Suh. On the road)
    vs. Patriots - W ( I just don't think Brady has our number anymore)
    at Bengals - W ( Exhibition game probably but this time we win)

11-5 Division Winners 3rd or 4th seed

at Broncos - L
    vs Browns - W
    vs Texans - W
    at Bills - W
    at Dolphins - W
    vs Packers - W
    at Steelers - W
    at Browns - W
    vs Bengals - W
    at Bears - L
    vs Jets - W
    vs Steelers - W
    vs Vikings - W
    at Lions - L
    vs. Patriots - W
    at Bengals - L

I had a hard time trying to find four losses on this schedule. I figure they'll lose one of the (Bills, Dolphins, Lions) games they should win, so we'll call it 12-4, division champs yet again. This schedule looks like the easiest they've had in YEARS.

Blog Entries

at Broncos - L
    vs Browns - W
    vs Texans - L
    at Bills - W
    at Dolphins - W
    vs Packers - W
    at Steelers - W
    at Browns - W
    vs Bengals - W
    at Bears - W
    vs Jets - W
    vs Steelers - W
    vs Vikings - W
    at Lions - W
    vs. Patriots - W
    at Bengals - L

13 -3 Division champs and the #1 or 2 seed, IF the WR catch the ball.

We are winning opening night. Peyton is a dink and dunk one trick pony now.

I say we split with Bungles and Squeelers.. That's 2 losses. Sweep the Browns as usual.

We will lose one of the big 4 home showdowns we have with playoff teams outside the division. So 3-1 against GB, Minny, Houston and NE.

Joe has ice in his veins on the road and our road schedule is pretty weak. I just dont see losses at Det, Chi, Buf or Mia..

13-3, first round bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    We are winning opening night. Peyton is a dink and dunk one trick pony now.

I say we split with Bungles and Squeelers.. That's 2 losses. Sweep the Browns as usual.

We will lose one of the big 4 home showdowns we have with playoff teams outside the division. So 3-1 against GB, Minny, Houston and NE.

Joe has ice in his veins on the road and our road schedule is pretty weak. I just dont see losses at Det, Chi, Buf or Mia..

13-3, first round bye.
    Ravens best their most wins in franchise history (2006 record of 13-3) and go 14-2 home field through out. Losses to Texans & Bears

It's really hard to find 4+ loses on this schedule. I actually kinda like that we start on the road against the Broncos. It's our hardest non-divisional road game of the season. Our coaching staff is great with coming up with a strong week 1 game plan. Since Flacco's arrival, wether it be by chance or inability to garner home playoff games, we've played our toughest games on the road. (Not including Steelers or Bengals)

2008: Giants (10) - L, Dallas (16) - W, 3 road playoff games

2009:
    Home: Colts (11) - L
    Road: Pats (4) - L, Minny (6) - L, Pack (MNF 13) - L, 2 road playoff games

2010:
    Home: Saints (15) - W
    Road: Jets (MNF 1) - W, Atlant (TNF 10) - L, Houston - W, 2 road playoff games

2011:
    Home: Jets (MNF 4) - W, Houston (6)- W, San Fran (TNF 14) - W, 1 home playoff game
    Road: Chargers (15 SNF) - L, 1 road playoff game

2012:
    Home: Pats (SNF 3) - W, Denver (15) - L, NYG (16)- W, 1 home playoff game
    Road: Houston (7) - L, 2 road playoff games

At home in big games we're 8-2
    Road 9-12

This year we have Houston, Green Bay, Pats, Vikings in our house. If we can take advantage of having our big games at home this year we could be a very very scary and dangerous team.

The most important stretch of our season comes from Week 7-Week 13. Steelers twice, Browns, Bengals, Jets, Bears. If we go at least 5-1 during that stretch the AFC is ours.

WORST CASE SCENARIO PREDICTION:

at Broncos - L (0-1)
    vs Browns - W (1-1)
    vs Texans - L (1-2 and panic on the forums)
    at Bills - W (2-2)
    at Dolphins - W (3-2)
    vs Packers - L (3-3)
    at Steelers - L (3-4)
    at Browns - W (4-4)
    vs Bengals - W (5-4)
    at Bears - L (5-5)
    vs Jets - W (6-5)
    vs Steelers - W (7-5)
    vs Vikings - W (8-5)
    at Lions - L (8-6)
    vs. Patriots - L (8-7)
    at Bengals - L (8-8)

MORE REALISTIC PREDICTION:

at Broncos - L (0-1)
    vs Browns - W (1-1)
    vs Texans - L (1-2)
    at Bills - W (2-2)
    at Dolphins - W (3-2)
    vs Packers - W (4-2)
    at Steelers - L (4-3)
    at Browns - W (5-3)
    vs Bengals - W (6-3)
    at Bears - L (6-4)
    vs Jets - W (7-4)
    vs Steelers - W (8-4)
    vs Vikings - W (9-4)
    at Lions - W (10-4)
    vs. Patriots - L (10-5)
    at Bengals - L (10-6)

10-6 and #6 Seed

OPTIMISTIC PREDICTION:

at Broncos - L (0-1)
    vs Browns - W (1-1)
    vs Texans - W (2-1)
    at Bills - W (3-1)
    at Dolphins - W (4-1)
    vs Packers - W (5-1)
    at Steelers - L (5-2)
    at Browns - W (6-2)
    vs Bengals - W (7-2)
    at Bears - L (7-3)
    vs Jets - W (8-3)
    vs Steelers - W (9-3)
    vs Vikings - W (10-3)
    at Lions - W (11-3)
    vs. Patriots - L (11-4)
    at Bengals - W (12-4)

12-4 and #3 seed (Behind New England and Denver)

What do you all think?

I think that this team will get to the Playoffs again, some way some how. From there, who knows.

But I can say as a "Lock" that at some point this team will stumble and this board will light up like a Christmas Tree with:

1. Harbs has a doghouse and somebody should be released so we can win the Super Bowl;

2. Ozzie cannot draft a wide receiver to save his life;

3. Boldin was the "be-all/end-all" of the SB Team and as soon as he was traded, the season was lost;

4. Pitta was the "be-all/end-all" of the SB Team once Boldin was traded and as soon as he was injured, the season was lost;

5. Flacco is vanilla in the regular season and cannot carry the team; AND

6. Tyrod Taylor should start because he will be the guy who carries the team to Paradise.

Bank it.
    Captain Offense

It is hard to predict how the season will go without really knowing what we are going to get on offense. If Stokley and Clark can dial it up for a one last run this team could be really good. Also requires Dickson to get healthy.

The schedule may line up pretty well for the Ravens. Don't like Denver this early in the season. Peyton is great early in the season before the weather turns cold and his body starts breaking down. Ravens may catch Pittsburgh without Heath Miller in the first game against each other. Packers are fairly early in the season and are without their starting LT.

I am going 10-6 wild card. I think Bengals are going to be really good this year. Swing games: Texans, Packers, Bengals and Steelers. Have to split the Bengals and Steelers to have a shot at the division. Need to win 3 of the NFC North games and all of the ACF East games. Pats don't worry me. The Ravens own the Pats and it is at home.

Div - 4-2
    AFC East 3-1
    NFC North 2-2
    Broncos/Texans 1-1

A lot of people are picking Houston to beat us at Home. I know they stomped us last year, but that is the ONE time they've beaten us. That was at their house, with a defense without Ray Lewis for the first time in the season. He wasn't even on the sideline. Suggs was on the field for the FIRST time that year and not in good shape, even if he actually had a decent game. They had a bye looming and were reeling from injuries. I had no expectation for them to show up for that game and they put in a better effort than expected. This year, it's game three, in our house and Matt Schaub doesn't scare me. I see Flacco reminding them who the real QB in this yearly matchup is.

Here's how I see it (as it stands today) ...

at Broncos - W (1-0) Our defense is light years better than last year. It's at home and the first game of the season and in both of those situations, we rarely ever lose.

vs Browns - W (2-0)

vs Texans - L (2-1) Their double headed WR tandem will gives us fits

at Bills - L (2-2) Trap game. We always have one and this seems as good a time as any. Panic ensues on the boards.

at Dolphins - W (3-2)

vs Packers - W (4-2) They gave up a billion sacks last season and now are worse off with the LT out

at Steelers - L (4-3) Playing the law of averages here. We always seem to split with them.

at Browns - W (5-3)

vs Bengals - W (6-3)

at Bears - W (7-3)

vs Jets - W (8-3)

vs Steelers - W (9-3)

vs Vikings - W (10-3)

at Lions - L (10-4) I think the Lions surprise a lot of teams this year, including us.

vs. Patriots - W (11-4)

at Bengals - L (11-5) Marvin always seems to grab one from us late in the season. Panic ensues again even though we win the division.

Blog Entries

I think the Patriots could have some trouble this year.

Dolphins look a lot better and the Bills could be interesting as well. EJ Manuel looked really good their last game.

Pats will probably win that division still, but I don't know that they'll be in contentions for a top seed.

I think the Broncos, Ravens and Texans are the likely candidates for the top 2 seeds and 1st round bye.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.