Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 Season Predictions 8-13-13

And I don't get the universal thought the Packers will beat us at home.

They had a horribly porous O line last year and it just got worse.

With our D shaping up, I see that more of a win than a loss as it stands today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

You're right.

16-0.

Book it. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Ok Houston, dammit... enough with the question and critiquing our calls and post up you findings or get your squirrely ass outta here! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You're right.

16-0.

Book it. :D

Can we get a "Like" button up in here?

The contrarian in me just can't help it!

;)

For all the talk about how the Bronco's / Manning is overrated, y'all sure are quick to pin that first game as a loss.

You do know Harbs / Flacco are undefeated with first games of the season right?
    4 of those 5 were home games, where we've been one of the best teams in the NFL. Our recent road record has been pretty damned meh.

Broncos are playoff team that was probably just as good as us last year (talent-wise), returns most of it's team largely intact, and is playing at home. We're a team somewhat in transition: I believe we'll be a very good team by season's end, but it's gonna be a work in progress while we adjust to the losses and incorporate a lot of new personnel at key positions. And we're on the road, where we are 21-19 under Harbaugh/Flacco.

Thinking this looks more like a loss than a win is hardy a stretch.
    Last edited by MarkS; 08-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Its early, but im not really concerned. i think we win 12+ and are the class of the AFC if not NFL. theres literally not one team i feel has gotten significantly better than last year, and i feel we have. Broncos and Texans will be tough, but i expect us to beat both honestly. our Run D is going to be much improved and I think the Broncos are unlucky in facing us first because our staff is quite good when given extended time to game plan. look at the blowouts of division rivals the past few years as evidence. were bringing a hammer to Denver to nail that chapter shut.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I see 11-5. 2 of those losses will be to the Bengals and Steelers. Another loss will be against a team we should beat like the Dolphins or Bears. Looking at the schedule the only real crap teams we play are the Browns and Jets. Even lesser teams like the Bills and Lions could be pretty good this season. It's going to be a competitive year but this group will be up for the challenge.

Blog Entries

16-0. Undefeated Superbowl winners.

Predictions:

[TNF] 5/9, @ Denver Broncos - L [0-1] - Keep flicking back and forth on this one, but Peyton's record, being on the road, etc, think close loss.
    15/9, Cleveland Browns (previous game: Miami) - W [1-1] -
    22/9, Houston Texans (previous game: Tennessee) - W [2-1] - Ravens don't lose at home in Sept. Haven't since... 2004? Be as close as it gets though.
    29/9, @ Buffalo Bills (previous game: @ NY Jets) - W [3-1] -
    6/10, @ Miami Dolphins (previous game: @ New Orleans, MNF) - L [3-2] - Typical lethargic road loss to worse opponent despite a day extra. Happens once per year recently and this is that game.
    13/10, Green Bay Packers (previous game: Detroit) - W [4-2] - Ravens don't lose at home to NFC opponents.
    20/10, @ Pittsburgh Steelers (previous game: @ NY Jets) - W [5-2] - As bad as the Ravens were against the Steelers last year, for whatever reason, I think an improved D shows its 1st appearance here with a win that really gets the season going.
    27/10, BYE WEEK
    3/11, @ Cleveland Browns (previous game: @ Kansas City) - W [6-2] - Not losing here either. The Browns must be getting so frustrated at always playing the Ravens at inopportune times.
    10/11, Cincinnati Bengals (previous game: @ Miami, TNF) - W [7-2] -
    17/11, @ Chicago Bears (previous game: Detroit) - L [7-3] - Think they're better than the Bears, but think they'll just fall short.
    24/11, New York Jets (previous game: @ Buffalo) - W [8-3] -
    [TNF] 28/11, Pittsburgh Steelers (previous game: @ Cleveland) - W [9-3] -
    8/12, Minnesota Vikings (previous game: Chicago) - W [10-3] -
    [MNF] 16/12, @ Detroit Lions (previous game: @ Philadelphia) - W [11-3] -
    [SNF] 22/12, New England Patriots (previous game: @ Miami) - W [12-3]
    29/12, @ Cincinnati Bengals (previous game: Minnesota) - L [12-4] - Should have things wrapped up by now.

Certainly think this is possible, but some purple shades perhaps. This team could well go 10-6 again with a loss to the Steelers and a home loss somewhere, which wouldn't surprise me.

That said, superbowl teams have often regressed in recent years which would mean 9-7 and below. I'm hoping the Ravens buck the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by FLA_Rave View Post
    How about losing the 2nd Pitt game, at home on Thanksgiving? That's not happening....
    Everyone thought there was ZERO chance that the Steelers could walk into our house with Charlie Batch starting at QB and leave w/ a win, but they did...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Well there are only two choices... lol.

I don't like the idea of opening the season with a loss. It's a tough game to call. After all, it's their opening night at home! Then again, Von Miller may be sitting. But, so is Pitt and Dickson. Some will say we were lucky to win the playoff game with that play to Jacoby Jones. Others will say we spotted them 2 TDs on returns and we were still in the game, so we were dominating. Some say Corey Graham's pick 6 should have been called back because of Pass Interference. Manning may be overrated compared to what he was... but he still makes better throws than most. And this isn't a playoff game, so he won't choke.

As far as Joe/Harbs not losing opening games... that goes both ways. They could be so prepared and ready that they win most... or their luck could be running out and they fall back to the pack. We shall see.

But you are right, I won't be surprised if the Ravens win. Predictions are hard... and a lot times your predictions are not as smart or as dumb as they seem.
    These are all good points you make here Furry, but ...

Isn't anyone paying attention here? :D
    The NFL, the Orioles, MLB, Roger Greedel, Bob Kraft, ESPN, the wonderful suburb of Pikesville and even his eminence Mr. Steve Bisciotti did little or nothing to prevent Baltimore from losing it's G_d given right to open the season at Home as the reigning Super Bowl Champion.

EVRYBODY IN THE WORLD WANTS US TO LOSE THIS GAME AND SO IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

... Just like in Dallas several years ago. BTW, who was the Coach back then? ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!