Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 Season Predictions 8-13-13

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    You mean right on pace for 8-8 then...? lol
    I think to finish 8-8 they will have to start off 1-5. In the back of my mind I think this is possible, but unlikely. The Jets Vikings and Lions are teams that I have pegged to be imploding in the second half. Well, actually I have the Jets imploding in the first half and then just sucking by the time they play us. The Patriots will either have the division sewn up or they will have lost 9 games by the time they play us. In any event they will not be playing for anything and we will beat them.

How about losing the 2nd Pitt game, at home on Thanksgiving? That's not happening....
    fla_rave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    For all the talk about how the Bronco's / Manning is overrated, y'all sure are quick to pin that first game as a loss.

You do know Harbs / Flacco are undefeated with first games of the season right?
    Yeah but most of those were home games and I think Denver will be looking for their revenge game. Could go either way, like I said it's too early to do these threads IMO. Should do it again after preseason

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

at Broncos - L
    vs Browns - W
    vs Texans - L
    at Bills - W
    at Dolphins - W
    vs Packers - L
    at Steelers - W
    at Browns - W
    vs Bengals - L
    at Bears - L
    vs Jets - W
    vs Steelers - W
    vs Vikings - L
    at Lions - W
    vs. Patriots - W
    at Bengals - W

10-6

I hope Fans remember these tough early game predictions so the ledges remain empty ;)
    The media however, will be disrespectfull and merciless.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'd like to see more than one preseason game before predicting, but as of today here are my thoughts:

at Broncos - L
    vs Browns - W
    vs Texans - L
    at Bills - W
    at Dolphins - W
    vs Packers - L
    at Steelers - W
    at Browns - L
    vs Bengals - W
    at Bears - W
    vs Jets - W
    vs Steelers - L
    vs Vikings - W
    at Lions - L
    vs. Patriots - W
    at Bengals - W

10-6
    Broncos - W (No Von Miller, no Dumervil and their suspect secondary will be torched)
    Brown's - L (week 2 is the Ravens bane of existence)
    Texans - W
    Bills - W (ugly victory)
    Dolphins - W
    Packers - W (their defense is suspect and OLine is shit)
    Steelers - L (...)
    Brown's - W (Flacco owns the Browns in Cleveland)
    Bengals - W (Andy Dalton is mediocre against a good defense)
    Bears - L (Ravens typically lose away games to inferior NFC competition)
    Jets - W (Ravens dominate the Jets in a bounce back from the WTF lose at Chicago)
    Steelers - W (typical split)
    Vikings (Ravens stack the box and Christian Ponder beat them, which he hilariously fails to do.)
    Lions - L (see Bears)
    Patriots - W (Flaccos delivers a comeback)
    Bengals - W (last year, in this scenario, our shrubs nearly beat their starters; this year our shrubs destroy theirs).

12 and 4, AFC North, Division champions, 1st round bye.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Bengals - W (last year, in this scenario, our shrubs nearly beat their starters; this year our shrubs destroy theirs).
    Our boxwoods must be better than their yews...

For all the talk about how the Bronco's / Manning is overrated, y'all sure are quick to pin that first game as a loss.

Was thinking this as I was reading the predictions. The team is strong out of the gate. The Bronocs are weak at center and I can't wait to see Ngata owning the middle of the line. Clady is coming off of shoulder surgery too. Make Manning uncomfortable in the pocket is the key to me, he doesn't do well on the move. Remember the OT pick? Even so, it would still be an upset pick.

Well there are only two choices... lol.

I don't like the idea of opening the season with a loss. It's a tough game to call. After all, it's their opening night at home! Then again, Von Miller may be sitting. But, so is Pitt and Dickson. Some will say we were lucky to win the playoff game with that play to Jacoby Jones. Others will say we spotted them 2 TDs on returns and we were still in the game, so we were dominating. Some say Corey Graham's pick 6 should have been called back because of Pass Interference. Manning may be overrated compared to what he was... but he still makes better throws than most. And this isn't a playoff game, so he won't choke.

As far as Joe/Harbs not losing opening games... that goes both ways. They could be so prepared and ready that they win most... or their luck could be running out and they fall back to the pack. We shall see.

But you are right, I won't be surprised if the Ravens win. Predictions are hard... and a lot times your predictions are not as smart or as dumb as they seem.

Blog Entries

Broncos - W, will be a tough game, but I trust in our coaches' ability to game plan for a Week 1 game for 2 months
    Browns - W, we'll be HUGE psyched up for home opener and banner hanging
    Texans - L, Texans will be a tough out
    Bills - W, crafty team, but after a L to Texans, I see us bouncing back big
    Dolphins - W, I don't buy the hype yet, but this will be a closer one
    Packers - L, They are a tough team to play, even at home, and by this point, injuries may be catching up to us
    Steelers - L, I see us splitting with them and the road game is the one more likely to be lost
    Browns - W, nice bounce back after 2 tough weeks
    Bengals - W, this will be a tough one, but I still think wepull out our home game against them
    Bears - W, playing in Chicago is tough, but I just don't see us losing this one. idk.
    Jets - W, Hopefully by this point, Jets will just be a comedy
    Steelers - W, Win the home game, split the series
    Vikings - L, I think Vikings have good young talent, which will be more seasoned when we play them, plus AP All Day
    Lions - L, Could go either way here, but facing Megatron...unless our CBs are in top shape, they might have their way against us
    Patriots - W, by this point, we should have Belichek's number at home. Plus, coming off two losses in a row, I see us rallying like the Giants game last year.
    Bengals - L, only because I think we have whatever we can get locked up by this point, rest our starters

10-6
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

And the Broncos lost quite a bit on defense.

I think the Ravens could finish 11-5, but possibly as high as 13-3.

at Broncos - W
    vs Browns - W
    vs Texans - L (Revenge? Maybe...for some reason the 2nd and 3rd games of the season always seem to blow up in the Ravens' faces)
    at Bills - W
    at Dolphins - W
    vs Packers - L
    at Steelers - L (Steelers are tough at home...I have a hard time thinking they'll go down easily)
    at Browns - L (they always play us tough and I could see them getting one at home)
    vs Bengals - W
    at Bears - L (Tough game in a tough stadium. If the Bears can stay healthy, they won't be easy at home).
    vs Jets - W
    vs Steelers - W
    vs Vikings - W
    at Lions - W
    vs. Patriots - W
    at Bengals - W
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

My heart says 13-3, my brain says 9-7 (up from 8-8 by adding Stokley and Clark). Possible wild card to maintain our streak at 6 seasons, but don't print those playoff tickets yet.

Too many losses of quality players, with adequate but not stellar replacements. Split the AFC North, losses to Texans, Packers, Patriots, Broncos, win the rest. Only a one game drop-off from last season despite the turmoil and the tough first place schedule.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

at Broncos - W
    vs Browns - W
    vs Texans - W
    at Bills - W
    at Dolphins - L
    vs Packers - L
    at Steelers - L
    at Browns - W
    vs Bengals - W
    at Bears - W
    vs Jets - W