Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    The "crying about it" doesn't refer to the difference of opinion, it refers to the continual regurgitation of the difference of opinion. It just gets old to some people. That's all I'm saying (and it's my opinion). Hell...maybe I'm wrong and we actually haven't talked about the Boldin trade enough.
    It's going to be a rough season for you then...because it's going to be brought up on message boards, pregame shows, during Ravens and 49er games and in media columns as well and not just by the people you feel are "crying about it".
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Brandon Stokely can give you the regular season production that Boldin gave you, especially with Caldwell calling the plays, at a small fraction of the price.
    How do you know that since Boldin barely got any time with Caldwell calling the plays? Boldin looked like 90 catch, 1300 yard guy during those games with Caldwell in the playoffs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The "crying about it" doesn't refer to the difference of opinion, it refers to the continual regurgitation of the difference of opinion. It just gets old to some people. That's all I'm saying (and it's my opinion). Hell...maybe I'm wrong and we actually haven't talked about the Boldin trade enough.
    Maybe you didn't see the link but the whole point of this thread is because of what Oz said and was just reported today. It's not regurgitation

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

TL's inspiration must have come from reading the board.
    The way many Ravens fans are whining about the departure of Anquan Boldin is like a bunch of scorned women at a wedding shower bellyaching about men.Get over it!Anquan Boldin is gone!He’s not coming back!Oh and by the way, it was THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
    http://russellstreetreport.com/sayin...-right-choice/

That pretty much sums it up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    How do you know that since Boldin barely got any time with Caldwell calling the plays? Boldin looked like 90 catch, 1300 yard guy during those games with Caldwell in the playoffs.
    I am basing it off of what Boldin did under Cameron. That's what we're really used to. It won't be hard for Stokely to match that, or even do better than that. The Ravens have a better offensive line and coordinator. That production can be duplicated and surpassed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

It's going to be a rough season for you then...because it's going to be brought up on message boards, pregame shows, during Ravens and 49er games and in media columns as well and not just by the people you feel are "crying about it".
    Actually...I think it will diminish greatly when the Ravens continue to win football games.

Sure...if you turn specific statements like "I dont agree woth this move" into "we are going to suck" in your own mind.

Some people get so incredibly defensive and appalled that someone dares to disagree with a single move, that those people completely go off the deep end and turn it into a bunch of "you dont believe in this team or Ozzie" nonsense.
    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This is a funny statement considering your are doing the same thing you are accusing me of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I am basing it off of what Boldin did under Cameron. That's what we're really used to. It won't be hard for Stokely to match that, or even do better than that. The Ravens have a better offensive line and coordinator. That production can be duplicated and surpassed.
    So what should we expect from Joe since what we're used to is what he did under Cameron?

Only Joe, Pitta, and Torrey should be expected to benefit from Caldwell?

That better coordinator turned Boldin back IMO a star just 6-7 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually...I think it will diminish greatly when the Ravens continue to win football games.
    The proof will be in the pudding, I agree with that.

I'll say this also...look at the original post on this thread. It wasn't started by one of the dissenters...and the other threads weren't either. The original posts in these threads invites this discussion.

I

Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 08-12-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    This is a funny statement considering your are doing the same thing you are accusing me of.
    Not really. The first paragraph in that post was the epitome of twisting words completely around.

Who has expressed or implied that the team is going to stink, or that we aren't going to win games? Who has even said that Ozzie's moves were dumb or even that they didn't make sense.

What I, and others have said, is that in our opinion, other moves may have just made more sense to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    TL's inspiration must have come from reading the board.

http://russellstreetreport.com/sayin...-right-choice/

That pretty much sums it up.
    +1

The Boldin issue is quickly becoming the days when Boller was debated on an almost weekly basis.

Not really. The first paragraph in that post was the epitome of twisting words completely around.

Who has expressed or implied that the team is going to stink, or that we aren't going to win games? Who has even said that Ozzie's moves were dumb or even that they didn't make sense.

What I, and others have said, is that in our opinion, other moves may have just made more sense to us.

But what I said was people I have spoken to. Meaning diferent fans of the team. This is not the only place Raven fans exist so you taking what I said personally and getting defensive is again, ironic being that you are accusing me of doing the same thing.