Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 87
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?



    Ozzie has a system and he's going to follow it. I like the fact that he brought up that he was that Boldin type player for Sipe and Kosar. He knows what that means more than anyone but it still wasn't going to change the way he looks at building a team. After the playoffs I was hoping that the Ravens would find a way for a cap friendly extension. That's why Ozzie is a great GM. He doesn't let those kind of emotions cloud his thinking. He knows what he needs to do and does it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #17

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    No problem with the opinion that the Boldin move was a mistake. I was a little confused by that move at the time too. We've done this before when we parted with Heap, Mason, Scott, AD, and others. Lots of people thought they were mistakes at the time too, but I don't remember putting equal effort into admitting being wrong if any at all. The cap is tight, and the team has a excellent track record of releasing players who were done. The same can be said for Reed. People were mad about Ellerbe, I don't see anyway he'll earn his salary, again we'll see. Rolando McClain had plenty of posts about what a horrible move it was to sign him. In the end, he didn't cost a cent and we look to be stacked at ILB now. Pollard is another one people were flipped out over. But Boldin seems to be the one move that lingers. Time will tell on Boldin as the season unfolds.

    I am weary that 5 months after Boldin was traded almost every thread gets hijacked by a compulsion to drive home the same redundant point without adding anything new to the conversation. It's the same recycled opinion over and over for a player wearing out his first 49er jersey. It's duly noted ad nauseum, several people believe trading Boldin was a mistake and are still not satisfied that they've sufficiently articulated that thought. I'm sure there's more to come.




  3. #18

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sure...if you turn specific statements like "I dont agree woth this move" into "we are going to suck" in your own mind.

    Some people get so incredibly defensive and appalled that someone dares to disagree with a single move, that those people completely go off the deep end and turn it into a bunch of "you dont believe in this team or Ozzie" nonsense.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know about defensive and appalled. I think it's more just frustration that people are still crying about it. Many of us have simply moved on since March.




  4. #19

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I don't know about defensive and appalled. I think it's more just frustration that people are still crying about it. Many of us have simply moved on since March.
    Nobody's crying about it.

    Most of the time it's actually brought up, it's brought up by those that supported the move in a "see, we know what we're doing" type of way.

    Sorry you don't want to hear any opposing views on it, but here's the deal...this is a message board and everybody doesn't have the same opinions.

    And that Boldin decision is going to be brought up from time to time throughout this season, right or wrong by the media and posters and fans. You are unfortunately going to have to deal with it if you stay here or take in any media.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  5. #20

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    True, but he was added before the $6M came off the books.
    Not sure why that really matters, though? IMO, it doesn't matter when each particular move was made, but where they are now Cap-wise - or, more importantly, where they are on 8/31 when they have to be fully under the Cap.

    Said differently, they didn't trade Boldin so that they would have $6M to use that instant, but to use over the next several weeks and months. It's all part of the puzzle, that money added to what they already had, and then used for the various parts over the next couple of months.

    It's an issue of the combination of signings, not just one specific signing, that Ozzie appears to be alluding to.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 08-12-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  6. #21

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nobody's crying about it.

    Most of the time it's actually brought up, it's brought up by those that supported the move in a "see, we know what we're doing" type of way.

    Sorry you don't want to hear any opposing views on it, but here's the deal...this is a message board and everybody doesn't have the same opinions.

    And that Boldin decision is going to be brought up from time to time throughout this season, right or wrong by the media and posters and fans. You are unfortunately going to have to deal with it if you stay here or take in any media.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I welcome different opinions. I simply had a difference of opinion when you described people's reactions as "defensive and appalled".




  7. #22

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I welcome different opinions. I simply had a difference of opinion when you described people's reactions as "defensive and appalled".
    That certainly isn't the first time you referred to differing opinions regarding that situation as "crying about it".


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  8. #23

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That certainly isn't the first time you referred to differing opinions regarding that situation as "crying about it".


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The "crying about it" doesn't refer to the difference of opinion, it refers to the continual regurgitation of the difference of opinion. It just gets old to some people. That's all I'm saying (and it's my opinion). Hell...maybe I'm wrong and we actually haven't talked about the Boldin trade enough.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,321
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Brandon Stokely can give you the regular season production that Boldin gave you, especially with Caldwell calling the plays, at a small fraction of the price.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #25

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    The "crying about it" doesn't refer to the difference of opinion, it refers to the continual regurgitation of the difference of opinion. It just gets old to some people. That's all I'm saying (and it's my opinion). Hell...maybe I'm wrong and we actually haven't talked about the Boldin trade enough.
    It's going to be a rough season for you then...because it's going to be brought up on message boards, pregame shows, during Ravens and 49er games and in media columns as well and not just by the people you feel are "crying about it".
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #26

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Brandon Stokely can give you the regular season production that Boldin gave you, especially with Caldwell calling the plays, at a small fraction of the price.
    How do you know that since Boldin barely got any time with Caldwell calling the plays? Boldin looked like 90 catch, 1300 yard guy during those games with Caldwell in the playoffs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    The "crying about it" doesn't refer to the difference of opinion, it refers to the continual regurgitation of the difference of opinion. It just gets old to some people. That's all I'm saying (and it's my opinion). Hell...maybe I'm wrong and we actually haven't talked about the Boldin trade enough.
    Maybe you didn't see the link but the whole point of this thread is because of what Oz said and was just reported today. It's not regurgitation
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  13. #28

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    TL's inspiration must have come from reading the board.
    The way many Ravens fans are whining about the departure of Anquan Boldin is like a bunch of scorned women at a wedding shower bellyaching about men.Get over it!Anquan Boldin is gone!He’s not coming back!Oh and by the way, it was THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
    http://russellstreetreport.com/sayin...-right-choice/

    That pretty much sums it up.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,321
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    How do you know that since Boldin barely got any time with Caldwell calling the plays? Boldin looked like 90 catch, 1300 yard guy during those games with Caldwell in the playoffs.
    I am basing it off of what Boldin did under Cameron. That's what we're really used to. It won't be hard for Stokely to match that, or even do better than that. The Ravens have a better offensive line and coordinator. That production can be duplicated and surpassed.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  15. #30

    Re: Boldin Replaced by Durmervil and Huff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's going to be a rough season for you then...because it's going to be brought up on message boards, pregame shows, during Ravens and 49er games and in media columns as well and not just by the people you feel are "crying about it".
    Actually...I think it will diminish greatly when the Ravens continue to win football games.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland