Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

webb was there and he was still a starter. if Carys here today hes likely the corner opposite Webb still as well. He was not bad last year. he was actually our best DB, which is why he was #1 on our depth chart. taking his stats and comparing them to smith or whoever isnt fair when the staff has already labeled him the better guy and putt him against the better competition.
    Jab, I have to disagree with you here. I think Corey Graham has turned out to be a little better than Cary. If Cary was still here and not sitting on a lucrative contract like he is in Philly, I think Corey would be ahead of him at #2.

Re: Any thoughts on Cary Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You are correct about the trend of success after a player leaves Baltimore. Off the top of my head, Priest Holmes and Stokley are the only two names that come to mind as players who elevated their play after leaving, although I'm sure there are others.

You are also correct that my statement about Baltimore fans was indeed a hyperbole. Not every resident of Baltimore is classless, but if you would read the Facebook comments after any player leaves the Ravens, you'd be deeply embarrassed.
    It's also interesting that both Stokley and Holmes were offensive players. You would be hard pressed to find a defensive guy. Only Bart Scott comes to mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jab, I have to disagree with you here. I think Corey Graham has turned out to be a little better than Cary. If Cary was still here and not sitting on a lucrative contract like he is in Philly, I think Corey would be ahead of him at #2.
    not saying its not possible, but i dont think ive seen Graham play well enough this year to take over his #1 status of last year. If both play exactly the same... than Harbs already made that call last year and like I said, i havent seen enough of him to determine if hes better than he was last year. the first preseason game would lead me to believe that he has not, I dont think he looked particularly good in that game.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Don't know about Cary but Jimmy Smith came up with two of the biggest plays a Raven corner has ever made.
    If Cary doesn't make that interception for TD to beat the Browns they might not have even made it to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You are correct about the trend of success after a player leaves Baltimore. Off the top of my head, Priest Holmes and Stokley are the only two names that come to mind as players who elevated their play after leaving, although I'm sure there are others.

You are also correct that my statement about Baltimore fans was indeed a hyperbole. Not every resident of Baltimore is classless, but if you would read the Facebook comments after any player leaves the Ravens, you'd be deeply embarrassed.
    Embarrassed about what?

Not everyone who posts on the Ravens page lives in Maryland let alone Baltimore.

Every team has dbag fans who say some really dumb shit.

I called Reed out with his staying/leaving/staying/leaving attitude. I said it was a dick move and still think that.

That doesn't mean i don't still respect his skills and everything he did for the Ravens and i still wear his jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Thoughts? Thoughts on Cary Williams anyone?: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-eagles-soft-d
    Good for Cary and for speaking his mind. Philly's D is soft and good for him calling them out and telling them to toughen up. Granted, he should have done it behind closed doors and not in the media.

I'd like to think when other teams sign Ravens' FA's, they would like those players to bring the Ravens mentality and toughness to their team. That's an attribute that we're lucky to have here in Baltimore and other teams only try to emulate it.

Ha Awesome!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

First off, Cary worked hard and came along way. I remember how much we all rooted for him when the Ravens got him from Tennessee's practice squad.

However, over time it just felt like he was too concerned with not being 'anybody's punk'.

Any CB that doesn't constantly play ten yards off the ball would be considered an improvement to me.

The issue isn't what he said, it's whether or not he was in a position to say it, as far as that team and fanbase is concerned. He misses most of their OTAs, and suddenly wants to show up fighting in scrimmages and bringing his idea of the Raven mentality over there like he's suddenly a leader. That's the issue.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

First off, Cary worked hard and came along way. I remember how much we all rooted for him when the Ravens got him from Tennessee's practice squad.

However, over time it just felt like he was too concerned with not being 'anybody's punk'.

Any CB that doesn't constantly play ten yards off the ball would be considered an improvement to me.

The issue isn't what he said, it's whether or not he was in a position to say it, as far as that team and fanbase is concerned. He misses most of their OTAs, and suddenly wants to show up fighting in scrimmages and bringing his idea of the Raven mentality over there like he's suddenly a leader. That's the issue.
    Exactly.

Thoughts? Thoughts on Cary Williams anyone?: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-eagles-soft-d
    Reading the article I couldn't help but notice that Coach Kelly sounds a little bit like Coach Harbaugh, except he forgot to call Williams a "squirrely ass" lol.

"If you do that in a game, you're kicked out, so we practice like we play," Kelly said, via Phillymag.com. "We could go get in a street fight, but that's not going to help us. There's a certain way you're supposed to play this game and it's between the whistles. ... "

Williams might have a good point about the Eagles' need for a stiffer backbone, but he's running the risk of landing in Kelly's doghouse after a star-crossed training camp that includes the inflammatory comments, the practice fight and a nagging hamstring injury. Even a healthy and cooperative Williams is just a borderline NFL starter.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Cary Williams went from a fringe player picked up off of Tennessee's practice squad, spent some time on our PS, earned himself a starting spot over a highly touted 1st round pick, and was a starter and key contributor on a SB winning defense.

He earned his way onto the 53 man roster by hard work and determination. Always sitting next to Ray Lewis on the bench, picking his brain. You would think he would be the kind of player the fans would latch onto. But haters are gonna hate, I suppose.

How can you blamed him for going for the guaranteed money that Philly was offering him? He wasn't an all pro here, but he was solid. After Webb went down last year, we would have been screwed without Cary.

Blog Entries

I often wonder if Cary Williams lining up so far off the receiver was by design.

It just never made any sense to me. The year before he was in receiver's faces, jamming and playing physical as hell. The next year? Soft coverage and gave up numerous first downs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.